PDA

View Full Version : JF Tornado & TacPack

DaveWG
October 17th, 2016, 10:37
Anyone still hoping that JF would deliver on their promise to TacPack the Tornado is going to be sadly disappointed.
From the JF forum:

When the Tornado GR1 was developed and published early in 2015 Just Flight was still a part of Mastertronic Group Ltd. It was Mastertronic’s intention that at some point there would be a TacPac developed for the Tornado. Sadly, that company was pushed into administration and closed down in November 2015. The Just Flight brands and assets that had been owned by Mastertronic were bought from the administrator by Just Flight London Ltd. While we at JFL are still fully committed to supporting the entire Just Flight (and Just Trains) catalogue, we have no plans to develop a TacPac for the Tornado.
I hope that helps clarify the situation.

Chris Sykes
October 18th, 2016, 01:36
Well that burns, really hopped they would Tacpack it as its an easier system than the other Tornado to fly as all the commands use default commands rather than the other this key and this key etc which means a complete HOTAS rekey.

ST0RM
October 18th, 2016, 10:34
So glad I got a refund on that. What a hosed up project.

Sorry to those that got taken.
-Jeff

Ian Warren
October 18th, 2016, 14:09
So glad I got a refund on that. What a hosed up project.

Personally I think this one is 'Brilliant' to get to understand and fly it, by compare I look at the F-111 and F-14, the systems and operations are Superb , that is the part I like, the biggest thing is the developers had the input from RAF/German AF drivers and the backseaters , with me I don't have TACPAC yet , I'd put the TORNADO into the must have basket.

Strange, Many say they do not buy Mil aircraft because to the 'purist' this is suppose to be Flight Simulation and fly airliners only, :torn: , or GAY planes , I'm only a mild mannered scenery designer but gotta love my fast movers , Phantom F-111 F-14 and TORNADO , to many Its not Flight Sim but in between , then add TACPAC then it go's into the combat sim realm , so were do you draw the line .... if you want a combat sim or if you want to experience and learn the aircraft types.

Now that has to be COOL :encouragement:

awstub
October 18th, 2016, 19:26
It is possible to TacPack any plane yourself now: https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=16871&start=15#p114803

Of course, the more advanced aircraft are harder to TacPack, but after downloading the generic TacPack mod package, I was able to get guns and rockets to work on Piglet's OV-10A within about 10 minutes.

Now all it needs is a gunsight....

Ian Warren
October 18th, 2016, 22:40
Add to the list, Aerosofts Bronco , is drop dead gorgeous, so be interesting to see the follow up here.

Corrado5834
October 19th, 2016, 00:20
It is possible to TacPack any plane yourself now: https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=16871&start=15#p114803

Of course, the more advanced aircraft are harder to TacPack, but after downloading the generic TacPack mod package, I was able to get guns and rockets to work on Piglet's OV-10A within about 10 minutes.

Now all it needs is a gunsight....

Was going to post the same but you beated me at it. Glad to see you made it to work.

During development of TMAP I have updated a number of different planes including many paywares.
The Tornado, as you say, is in some way harder than others, due to the swing wing. Haven't tried if the additional Weapons Pack can be linked to the swinging movement yet, might be an interesting challenge.

If you don't mind about visible loadouts under the wings (e.g. you always fly inside Vpit) the TMAP will work beautifully.
Within minutes, as you say.

Corrado

Daube
October 19th, 2016, 03:32
The "generic" TacPack addition is nice for older planes with basic weapons.
However, when it comes to more modern planes with more complex weapons systems, the integration of TacPack is not possible anymore.
The addition of TacPack is not meant simply to enjoy dropping weapons... The goal is to have all aircraft systems working as they should, for us to play around in the cockpit.
You can surely add guns, missiles and some bombs to that Tornado, but if these weapons do not react as they should based on the actions in the VC, then I don't see the point...

Now, to get back to that Tornado, I bought it some time ago because I found it to be more beautifully modeled than the SSW one, and it was supposed to receive the TacPack.
Unfortunately, the only things I got out of it are terrible performances (great FPS hit even after the latest SP), sim crashes to desktop, and no TacPack. Quite disappointing, to say the least.
I will probably end up buying the SSW one, once they make their planes available for P3D.

Corrado5834
October 19th, 2016, 04:07
The "generic" TacPack addition is nice for older planes with basic weapons.
However, when it comes to more modern planes with more complex weapons systems, the integration of TacPack is not possible anymore.
The addition of TacPack is not meant simply to enjoy dropping weapons... The goal is to have all aircraft systems working as they should, for us to play around in the cockpit.

Not entirely true. the TMAP works through popup panels and a lot of things can be done and are working.
If you are saying that a native upgrade by the payware developer is better, well, that is as obvious as it gets.
The TMAP scope is exactly to fill the gap for those models that will never get an update.

You can surely add guns, missiles and some bombs to that Tornado, but if these weapons do not react as they should based on the actions in the VC, then I don't see the point...

Not entirely true as well. the fact that nobody, certainly not me, is UPLOADING anything of that sort doesn't mean it can't be done. We are just staying off copyright problems.

Corrado

Martyn
October 19th, 2016, 04:40
Unfortunately, the only things I got out of it are terrible performances (great FPS hit even after the latest SP), sim crashes to desktop

You shouldn't be getting either using the latest version of the software. Please contact our support team who will be able to assist with that.

Cees Donker
October 19th, 2016, 05:48
FRS never go beyond 6-7 on my system. I ditched the plane. Bought it in a sale five months ago. Tried it two times, same results.

:kilroy:

Cees

flaviossa
October 19th, 2016, 06:20
Wonder what version you are using. I´m getting solid 30-35 fps in here with the latest JF Tornado version. (The only thing i disable is the heat effects)

Martyn
October 19th, 2016, 06:27
With the latest version you should be getting comparable performance with other detailed/complex twin-seat military aircraft (e.g. Aerosoft F-14). Results will of course vary depending on what options you've selected in the config tool. You certainly shouldn't be getting single-digit FPS unless you are running a very old PC.

Daube
October 19th, 2016, 07:36
My old i7 960 is clearly not up to the task, and yes I also have bad performance with the Aerosoft F-14.