PDA

View Full Version : Cubi Point/Subic Bay

edakridge
October 15th, 2016, 03:46
I am working on a scenery for Cubi PT/ Subic Bay in the Vietnam era. My problem is this: I am having trouble locating good quality overhead photos for building placement. If anybody has any overhead photos from say 65 to 75, I would appreciate the help.

tgycgijoes
October 15th, 2016, 05:17
I am working on a scenery for Cubi PT/ Subic Bay in the Vietnam era. My problem is this: I am having trouble locating good quality overhead photos for building placement. If anybody has any overhead photos from say 65 to 75, I would appreciate the help.

I remember a few years ago when the Navy pulled out of the Philippines a large article in TAILHOOK magazine. Contact the Tailhook Association online and tell them what you are doing. Post in the Skyhawk Association online site as well. I would also contact the National Archives and Record Service in Washington. They have tons of photos though it takes a long time for them to reply. In the past they would supply photocopies of what they had for you to choose and they were good enough to use.

I spent a lot of time there but was too busy on liberty to take many pictures and never overflew the island so no overhead shots. Is everything gone that Google Earth is no good to use?

edakridge
October 15th, 2016, 05:21
Thanks for the info. I too was there on Liberty, but taking pictures was the last thing on my mind!:adoration:

Email sent to Tailhook Assn

mal998
October 15th, 2016, 05:44
Have a look at these: http://www.subicbaypi.com/subic_photo_aerial.htm