PDA

View Full Version : catapult launched US Navy seaplane??

Obie311
October 14th, 2016, 22:34
A friend of mine (a military historian) asked me if it would be possible to create an FSX scenario where a prop driven floatplane could be launched from a battleship. I know that the default FSX Hornets can catapult launch from a carrier but I don't know how to do this from a battleship. I could create a short airstrip I guess at the proper altitude but I don't know how to get the extra power from the catapult. Also this would be stationary and it couldn't go to sea and be launched underway.

Is this crazy? Any thoughts on how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Obie

PS I tried to install AIcarriers.NET today but I goofed up my FSX-SE install.

Desert Rat
October 15th, 2016, 01:49
I know it's possible in CFS2 (with mods) but no idea about FSX, sorry.

tgycgijoes
October 15th, 2016, 05:20
I know it's possible in CFS2 (with mods) but no idea about FSX, sorry.

This was available for download in FS9 for both the SOC and the Kingfisher. You can still find them on AVSIM and/or Simviation. I always loved the SOC Seagull and had these downloads when I flew FS9. I have no clue if they can port over or not, why not give it a try? Also try the FS Ships site for the BB's.

gastonj
October 15th, 2016, 05:49
Maybe with the RFN Gauge creating catapult zones on a battle ship and using the RFN Goto functionnality to place the plane. I suppose you have to add ground landing points in the aircraft.cfg.

JMC

Corrado5834
October 15th, 2016, 05:54
It's possible, have a look here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?102448-New-italian-fighter-in-the-works-F-35A-maybe

If it's amphybian no extra touch points needed; the plane behaves normally elsewhere.

Corrado