PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tenth Birthday To FSX!!!

Aharon
October 10th, 2016, 11:48
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Exactly today on October 10th 10 years ago, Microsoft FSX was born and introduced to public!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FSX!!!!

This is screenshot from my FIRST flight on FSX eight years ago where my 777 got stuck in taxiway traffic jam!!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc319/Aharonthenicepilot/triva_zps0uqp2tof.jpg

Happy 10th birthday to FSX and many many thanks to Bill Gates for introducing FSX to people!!

Regards,

Aharon

Tom Burnside
October 10th, 2016, 11:56
I only upgraded to FSX last year but so happy I did heres to another ten years.

Ian Warren
October 10th, 2016, 13:28
Peoples are still building and painting and scenery creating so it must be pretty much the Flight Sim , tho I was gifted P3D3.5 and outta the box so to speak, it is a Hick Himmmm WOW, with scenery I can build on FSX then add to P3D so its good news all round.

txnetcop
October 10th, 2016, 16:47
It's been good to me so Happy Birthday FSX!

TARPSBird
October 10th, 2016, 16:59
And this coming Thursday marks the 16th birthday of CFS2. As much grief as MS gets for the quirks and shortcomings of their operating systems, I gotta say they did the FS community right with CFS2 and FSX. :encouragement:

hairyspin
October 10th, 2016, 23:52
In many ways MS helped FSX by leaving it alone after Acceleration: the code hasn't changed since and developers have had a stable base to build on ever since, for all its faults. The limits still haven't been reached with what can be done, not quite. Few packages have had such a run.

scotth6
October 11th, 2016, 01:05
Agreed. FSX has been a game changer for me. I lost track of the hours I have spent on it years ago, and I only installed it in 2009. It is such a versatile program and has taught me everything from how to use a PC, and so much about aviation in general along with so much about geography. I don't know what I would have done with all that time if I never installed FSX.

Cheers,

b52bob
October 11th, 2016, 06:47
Flight simmimg since Atari days. FSX was the best release of the franchise when it came out. I think most of us were devastated when ms dropped it. That hasn't stopped the thousands of addons that have kept it alive and kicking.

Thanks for providing many hours of enjoyment

JosefK
October 11th, 2016, 20:31
Oh yeah, a happy 10 years of FSX!