PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Ski Version of C-47 from Jahn V2 to Jahn V3.12

Aharon
October 8th, 2016, 12:32
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I exported C-47 ski version model base along with livery folder from version 2 to new version 3. Everything works well in version 3 except all black cockpit panel and black propellers. However, I solved the panel problem by aliasing to the v3 interior and everything in the virtual cockpit panel works very well!!!!

However, I cannot figure out how to solve the black spinning propellers that spin in black circles. I even copied propeller texture from v3 liveries into ski version livery and no luck.

How do I solve the black propeller problem in the ski version in model version 3, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Aharon
October 9th, 2016, 05:54
Anybody knows the answer please?

Regards,

Aharon

ncooper
October 9th, 2016, 07:24
The earlier version uses a file named propdisk1.dds.
The latest version uses propdisk.dds.
I think you need to rename the propdisk.dds file in your repaint texture folder to propdisk1.dds.

huub vink
October 9th, 2016, 11:15
Yep, it sound like the textures files can't be found. For me its unclear what you exactly mean with "I exported C-47 ski version model base along with livery folder from version 2 to new version 3." Did you just place the model file, the aircraft entries and liveries in the V3 version? In that case the "old ski model" needs the "old files which were shared in the "old texture" folder.

To avoid overwriting, you can best copy these files from the "old ski model" directly into the livery folders which belong to the "ski model".

I hope this makes a bit sense.

Cheers,
Huub

Aharon
October 9th, 2016, 12:47
Ncopper,

Okay I will try the renaming file trick for props. Thanks for suggestion

Huub Vink,

Everything regarding ski version works well in version 3. The only remaining problem is spinning propellers that spin in black color.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
October 10th, 2016, 05:01
The earlier version uses a file named propdisk1.dds. The latest version uses propdisk.dds.I think you need to rename the propdisk.dds file in your repaint texture folder to propdisk1.dds.

BINGO BINGO Ncooper got this right and the ski version model base's propellers works in my FSX!!!!! Thanks a zillion, Ncooper!!

Regards,

Aharon