PDA

View Full Version : ORBX Tipella CBB7

Cees Donker
October 7th, 2016, 23:52
Whatever happened to the freeware version of Tipella, CBB7???

Cees

mgr
October 8th, 2016, 01:13
Hi Cees,

Whatever happened to the freeware version of Tipella, CBB7???
Cees

Though i read somewhere the designer left ORBX, that's why it no any more available officially... google is you friend...

Marcel

Cees Donker
October 8th, 2016, 01:45
I read a lot on internet to find it, but I never read that anywhere....and frankly: I don't like the remark that suggests I didn't use google. I did. I don't need a patronizing remark.

:dizzy:

Cees

mgr
October 8th, 2016, 02:08
I read a lot on internet to find it, but I never read that anywhere....and frankly: I don't like the remark that suggests I didn't use google. I did. I don't need a patronizing remark.

:dizzy:

Cees

Sorry Cees was niet mijn bedoeling.

Marcel

AussieMan
October 8th, 2016, 02:10
Watch this space Cees http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?100497-CBB7-Tipella&highlight=tipella.

It is true Gordon did leave ORBX and is now working on an updated version.

Cees Donker
October 8th, 2016, 02:15
Thanks Pat! That sheds some light on it.

Oké Marcel.

Cees

gman5250
October 8th, 2016, 06:02
From the horses mouth...lol

When I left ORBX, there was a stipulation in the contract that required Tipella no longer be offered as a freeware. Mr. Venema removed CBB7 from the lineup, as per the agreement.

I still have all of the assets and have been picking away at converting CBB7 for Prepar3D. It is already fine in FSX.
There are two reasons I haven't done anything with Tipella.

The first being that I didn't want to step on John's toes by re-releasing the project as an independent, being that Tipella requires ORBX PNW to display correctly in the sim. If the ORBX region is not installed, CBB7 looks ridiculous due to the difference in the shore lines in basic FSX.

The second reason is that the satellite imagery for that area is a disaster. It will be a requirement to buy high def aerial imagery to do the area correctly, and that has not been in the budget....very pricey stuff.

Actually, there is a third reason also. When I went independent, I launched directly into four scenery projects in the Owens Valley, CA. Those are the focus of my work right now, as well as a few airplane projects that I have undertaken. Building airplanes is a skill set that takes mucho dedication to learn and become proficient. I've committed to mastering the process in order to offer both scenery and airplanes when I launch the new business entity.

The above being said, I will re-release Tipella down the road when I can integrate it without stepping on anyone's toes over at ORBX, and when I can justify dropping two or three $K on the aerial High Def.

I have a soft spot in my heart for that place. It was flying Milton's Dash 7 into Tipella that initiated my interest in building scenery and airplanes. It has now become a passion. :encouragement:

griphos
October 8th, 2016, 06:16
Thanks for the update. I do miss it. But, I'm really looking forward to your CA scenery! It looks fantastic in your Dak videos. Soonish?

gman5250
October 8th, 2016, 06:37
Thanks for the update. I do miss it. But, I'm really looking forward to your CA scenery! It looks fantastic in your Dak videos. Soonish?

It's all very close, but I spent the last year concentrating on the house re-model and moving away from the sage brush. Now that I am relatively settled, I'm working my typical 80 hour weeks on scenery and...of course...airplanes. lol

The Owens Valley scenery and KRNO are all on the big burner right now, but I'm a one man show and this stuff is definitely time intensive.

Obie311
October 8th, 2016, 11:10
I too have enjoyed Tipella. It's a very interesting and distinctly Canadian scenery.

Thanks for the update Gordon. It is so refreshing to get info "right from the horse's mouth" rather than internet rumo(u)r. I love the Owens Valley. Have camped and fished there many times and even flew up to Bishop with a friend of mine in his 140.

Anxiously (but patiently) awaiting your releases.

Obie

Cees Donker
October 8th, 2016, 12:07
It's all very close, but I spent the last year concentrating on the house re-model and moving away from the sage brush. Now that I am relatively settled, I'm working my typical 80 hour weeks on scenery and...of course...airplanes. lol

The Owens Valley scenery and KRNO are all on the big burner right now, but I'm a one man show and this stuff is definitely time intensive.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. Multi-talented. I'm not surprised.

:adoration:

Cees

zazaboeing
April 10th, 2017, 13:22
From the horses mouth...lol

When I left ORBX, there was a stipulation in the contract that required Tipella no longer be offered as a freeware. Mr. Venema removed CBB7 from the lineup, as per the agreement.

I still have all of the assets and have been picking away at converting CBB7 for Prepar3D. It is already fine in FSX.
There are two reasons I haven't done anything with Tipella.

The first being that I didn't want to step on John's toes by re-releasing the project as an independent, being that Tipella requires ORBX PNW to display correctly in the sim. If the ORBX region is not installed, CBB7 looks ridiculous due to the difference in the shore lines in basic FSX.

The second reason is that the satellite imagery for that area is a disaster. It will be a requirement to buy high def aerial imagery to do the area correctly, and that has not been in the budget....very pricey stuff.

Actually, there is a third reason also. When I went independent, I launched directly into four scenery projects in the Owens Valley, CA. Those are the focus of my work right now, as well as a few airplane projects that I have undertaken. Building airplanes is a skill set that takes mucho dedication to learn and become proficient. I've committed to mastering the process in order to offer both scenery and airplanes when I launch the new business entity.

The above being said, I will re-release Tipella down the road when I can integrate it without stepping on anyone's toes over at ORBX, and when I can justify dropping two or three $K on the aerial High Def.

I have a soft spot in my heart for that place. It was flying Milton's Dash 7 into Tipella that initiated my interest in building scenery and airplanes. It has now become a passion. :encouragement:

Hi Gordon, how are you?

Just wanted to ask if Tipella for P3d is still on the plans? It can almost be converted to P3d, it's only some vegetations and flows that needs adjustments.

Hope you still on the project.

Thanks for everything you've done for this community.

Rafael

speedy70
December 18th, 2017, 04:22
Hi Gordon.
Is there any news on Tipella being released?

Cheers Chris

MZee1960
December 18th, 2017, 09:29
I sure hope Tipella CBB7 will be available somewhere in the near future. Up to this point I have been getting dead ends WRT download links etc.
Now everything is starting to make sense ... as I was wondering where this scenery went as it just vanished from Orbx site.
Gordon, I must say it is very difficult for me, and I'm sure countless others, to choose between your meticulous aircraft design or your scenery. Good thing is we can have both .... like having your cake and eating it too.
Hoping CBB7 will resurface soon, in the near future.

Please keep us posted. :wavey:

gman5250
December 18th, 2017, 10:11
I sure hope Tipella CBB7 will be available somewhere in the near future. Up to this point I have been getting dead ends WRT download links etc.
Now everything is starting to make sense ... as I was wondering where this scenery went as it just vanished from Orbx site.
Gordon, I must say it is very difficult for me, and I'm sure countless others, to choose between your meticulous aircraft design or your scenery. Good thing is we can have both .... like having your cake and eating it too.
Hoping CBB7 will resurface soon, in the near future.

Please keep us posted. :wavey:

ORBX removed Tipella from their site, as per our agreements, when I left the organization. The project is in my archives and will be released as a stand alone at a later date. As there are common files in that body of work that are now the property of ORBX, I will need to create some new art that does not violate any IP agreements. It's not a huge deal, but a bit farther down my priorities list.

I've been concentrating on converting all of my work to 64-bit. That includes all of my scenery packages, libraries and aircraft. That's been a task but is well in hand at this stage.

There will be no need to choose between my aircraft and scenery. They will all become available in the near future. :encouragement::encouragement:

MZee1960
December 18th, 2017, 10:42
ORBX removed Tipella from their site, as per our agreements, when I left the organization. The project is in my archives and will be released as a stand alone at a later date. As there are common files in that body of work that are now the property of ORBX, I will need to create some new art that does not violate any IP agreements. It's not a huge deal, but a bit farther down my priorities list.

I've been concentrating on converting all of my work to 64-bit. That includes all of my scenery packages, libraries and aircraft. That's been a task but is well in hand at this stage.

There will be no need to choose between my aircraft and scenery. They will all become available in the near future. :encouragement::encouragement:

Looking forward to having both in my sim in the near future, Gordon. :adoration:

Thanks for the update, and Happy Holidays ! :santahat:

greenie
December 18th, 2017, 16:39
Yes , indeed . Happy Holidays and a thank you !

gman5250
December 18th, 2017, 17:32
Yes..Happy Holidays. Fly safely...:encouragement: