PDA

View Full Version : Dave Maltby's BAC 1-11

AussieMan
October 3rd, 2016, 22:11
Can anyone provide me with a link for The FSX conversion of Dave Maltby's BAC 1-11 please.

ncooper
October 3rd, 2016, 22:54
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?100577-DMFS-BAC-1-11-FSX-Upgrade&highlight=

AussieMan
October 4th, 2016, 00:49
Thanks Nick.

expat
October 4th, 2016, 04:35
Can anyone make an fx native conversion of DM's Vickers VC10 - please! 😀

Willy
October 4th, 2016, 04:39
Wow, I didn't know this existed. I've got the original FS9 one ported over, but I know what I'm installing today.

BendyFlyer
October 4th, 2016, 14:28
AussieMan you will need the original DM BAC 1-11 to apply the FSX conversions. I rebuild the series yesterday (tidying up the texture changes today) and it is certainly worthwhile. You will need to take care with the aircraft config files as the FSX versions have no data for the liveries models etc and it takes some time to get these all correct and matched up with the various models and air files. In my humble opinion the DM BAC 1-11 is a standout model and the FSX version works faultlessly even the ported over icon panel that allows for camera and view adjustments works very well indeed. The VC is great and 90% of it is working switches and what is not is so minor as not to worry about. I would like to find a way to fit the Capt Sim WX Radar and will have a look at that as well some time in a week or two.

It is so good that I cannot see any reason why I would get the latest JF release of this aircraft for what is really only some fancy cockpit textures. Another great simulation model builder is Dave Maltby.

I had not used this model for some time and I had forgotten what a great simulation it was, I give it 10 out of 10. Alas in the mess up of a PC failure some time ago I did not reinstall it straight away and managed to delete the RAAF VIP textures I had done, still have the two Air Paciific ones. Guess I will be out and about in the BAC 1-11 again for awhile, until the C-47 update is made available with the lighting and IFR fixes so I can give it a real good workout.

A lot of people may not be comfortable with this vintage of jet but it made me realise what a damn good aeroplane the BAC 1-11 actually was in real life the only thing that brought it to an end was the inability of RR to come up with a replacement for the Spey engine which was extremely noisy (outside only) and made the JT8 seem quiet by comparison. It was a real workhorse for many airlines and filled that short haul niche very well.

Bjoern
October 5th, 2016, 08:22
I would like to find a way to fit the Capt Sim WX Radar and will have a look at that as well some time in a week or two.

Not near the 1-11 to confirm this, but the weather radar scope lacks a gauge polygon. I'd have otherwise long added my simplified weather radar gauge to the VC panel.

A lot of people may not be comfortable with this vintage of jet but it made me realise what a damn good aeroplane the BAC 1-11 actually was in real life the only thing that brought it to an end was the inability of RR to come up with a replacement for the Spey engine which was extremely noisy (outside only) and made the JT8 seem quiet by comparison. It was a real workhorse for many airlines and filled that short haul niche very well.

RR was too busy with the 211 in the 70s and the Tay came too late. Which may have been for the best as it all paved the way for the A320.

DaveB
October 5th, 2016, 09:18
Yup.. and I don't think BAC were 100% behind retro-fitting Tays as their sights were set on the 146 which would give them more orders and more work on the books.

ATB
DaveB:)

Motormouse
October 6th, 2016, 04:57
Yup.. and I don't think BAC were 100% behind retro-fitting Tays as their sights were set on the 146 which would give them more orders and more work on the books.

ATB

No they weren't Dave; it was Bae by then, would have killed the 146 dead.
Anyways, for a bit of nostalgia the Dee Howard conversion... http://www.deehoward.org/the-dee-howard-legacy/innovations/dee-howard-company-innovations/item/dhc-bac-1-11-rolls-royce-tay-re-engine

ttfn

Pete

DaveB
October 6th, 2016, 13:21
No they weren't Dave; it was Bae by then, would have killed the 146 dead.
Anyways, for a bit of nostalgia the Dee Howard conversion... http://www.deehoward.org/the-dee-howard-legacy/innovations/dee-howard-company-innovations/item/dhc-bac-1-11-rolls-royce-tay-re-engine

ttfn

Pete

Yes.. you're right about it being BAe. BAC didn't seem right when I typed it:untroubled:

Much as we bring this subject up time and time again.. the 146 turned out to be a little belter didn't it.. despite having been fitted with 4 APU's on the wings:a1310: I remember PeteP at CBFS chatting about them during his ATC days. If you had a whole in a pattern.. you could drop a 146 into it with ease. The problems came if the 146 was in the climb (gentle ascent):very_drunk:
ATB

Bjoern
October 6th, 2016, 14:24
Those APUs on the wings are working examples on geared turbofans. Quite impressive, especially since Pratt can't get theirs to work reliably.

Motormouse
October 7th, 2016, 01:51
Those APUs on the wings are working examples on geared turbofans. Quite impressive, especially since Pratt can't get theirs to work reliably.

Digressing slightly, the TFE731 is also a geared turbofan.
Plenty of those around.

Ttfn

Pete