PDA

View Full Version : T-33X Redux

Mach3DS
September 27th, 2016, 14:51
T-33X takes shape. I've added materials to the model: Alpha, and fresnel definitions for exterior and seperate one for glass. Added bumps (first pass). Model and textures are not mine. Full credit will be given! Tacpack is also under way. Thanks to Henk we have a fully collimated gun sight which I think will make its way to the F-80X as a hot fix at some point.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5539/29939323406_9d8b73323f_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8417/29346753513_4fde8f8d1d_o.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5505/29939323826_a5cb2de246_o.jpg

Willy
September 27th, 2016, 15:01
Looking great there! Can't wait to do a few paints for it.

Mach3DS
September 27th, 2016, 15:10
Hopefully this can hold us over until whichever of the big boys developers can produce this one in true form! Currently it's the 2010 revA package we're using. So full credit to those authors and the original author will be given. We simply want the community to benefit from having the full model potential available. The hard work was done by Piglet already and others like falcon 409 who redid the textures and created a paint kit. Without that bumps wouldn't be possible as I don't have time to create the rivets and lines with my limited fs time. Thanks guys!

WarHorse47
September 27th, 2016, 15:30
Oh, WoW.
:jawdrop:

falcon409
September 27th, 2016, 15:39
Awesome job there Rick. Looks amazing!

Roger
September 27th, 2016, 16:32
Great work Rick:applause:

MustangL2W
September 27th, 2016, 16:56
A 'Tip' of the hat to you.... Looks Fan-Tastic!! Those Lockheed Jet's are just magnificent. So many possible paint schemes for it too.

ColoKent
September 27th, 2016, 17:17
Awesome! Rick, is there any way to update the pilot figures in the cockpit in order to bring those up to standard? Can't wait to reload this one after your handiwork is complete!

Kent

Flyboy208
September 27th, 2016, 17:36
Beautiful !!! Mike :applause:

b52bob
September 28th, 2016, 03:26
Absolutely stunning!

Naismith
September 28th, 2016, 09:50
Beautiful modelling. I can only think this could be bettered if it it sported Maple Leafs! :biggrin-new:

Bjoern
September 28th, 2016, 11:55
There were past efforts to brush up the VC textures from either Ed or/and Henry, right?
And how are the flight dynamics?

Mach3DS
September 28th, 2016, 16:38
I'm not doing any work on the FDE. However there was an updated FDE which is now part of the DL here at SOH. If anyone would like to contribute what they feel is a more realistic FDE in terms of controllability or performance you're welcome to PM me. The current one feels closely similar to the F80 FDE...but ive not ever flown either plane in reality to be able to tell.

I believe there are some updated textures for the VC. The paint kit Falcon409 made has them...havent looked at size but I think they are 4096. The main textures are.

@Willy, if you have some time we could use some high res renditions for release?

Bjoern
September 29th, 2016, 08:05
Time permitting, I can imagine an upgrade with rain on canopy, switch sounds and maybe an engine simulation module for this bird.

Mach3DS
September 29th, 2016, 21:05
Update:

Refined Materials

What can be done with stock low res paints with the right materials turned on. TacPack is alive! Thanks Toby! Collamated sight...Henk is the man!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5346/29723402850_5d817e83fc_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8557/29389718634_a46d41e166_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8414/29934201011_a2eb2b0cda_o.jpg

falcon409
September 29th, 2016, 21:08
Really coming along great Rick. Amazing what can be accomplished when someone who knows what they're doing is working on it, lol.

Anthin
September 29th, 2016, 21:35
Incredible.Love the Canadian repaint.

Will go really well with the CF-100 and CF-105 Arrow.

Anthin.:encouragement:

JensOle
October 3rd, 2016, 11:18
Great work! The old model started to look a bit dated, so it is great to see the reworked model virtually shining in FSX :-)
Remember seeing a Canadian CT-133 in active service at Rygge AB in Norway back in 1992. Remember how strange it looked when it dropped on the side which was tanked (wing tanks).

Anthin; probably a better match as an aggressor for the Hornets :-) That scheme was rather late in the CT-133 service life I think.

jagl04
October 8th, 2016, 11:17
Really great work. But after installing it I have no sounds. Any solution?

Bjoern
October 8th, 2016, 11:35
Check the sound.cfg.

Mach3DS
October 8th, 2016, 13:24
It's not release yet. You're using the original modded version.

Mach3DS
October 8th, 2016, 13:31
Work progresses...had a lot of RL goings on this week but had some time this afternoon after kids soccer. Working on 4096 bare metal base paint kit, starting with Falcons AMAZING work! Couldn't do it without you!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/30163658386_12a3c9b046_o.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5650/30113270411_cc18a4210b_o.jpg

Mach3DS
October 8th, 2016, 15:00
I will be reducing the bumps a bit. NOT the final version yet! I will be making the base skin with layered panel color variations, dirt etc. Falcon409's original work will all be included within the kit. I've added effects to each rivet and changed the color in seperate layers to the panel lines and rivets. Final alpha and spec will be included as a base to start from and will be blank other than common text and markings such as placards and wing walk markings.

Other than the need to increase polygons in the geometry this jet is starting to look very new!

falcon409
October 8th, 2016, 16:43
That is really coming along nicely. Great Job!

txnetcop
October 8th, 2016, 17:22
WOW! Eye poppin' NICE!:jump:
Ted

Mach3DS
October 8th, 2016, 19:57
Thanks gentlemen! The updated paintkit will include everything I've used thus far and all of my additions. I've tried to color coordinate the tabs in a similar fashion to the F-80 paints kit. I've grouped layers into sub types of work based on location or type of layer. Hopefully it will be user friendly in the end. I've converted Falcon's PSP files into layered PSD's files as that is what I use. I'm really happy with the results so far. Hoping to do more hand painting for the base layers to give them that uniform but varied look in the subtle aluminum color differences that exist in metal un painted aircraft. I need to add dirt layers and then tone down the alpha channel and add in the dirt to the alpha channel to remove the reflectivity a bit so it's not too airshow but more clean aluminum looking. You can see.the ghosting from the original speculars from falcon409's paints in the first image. Looks like stripped areas of paint. Specular will also have its own layers set. I know.that Henk, Willy and Toby are chomping at the bit to get this updated model but im almost finished! As soon as the paint kit is done and the bumps are settled!

cavaricooper
October 9th, 2016, 05:24
Add me to the chomp list! She looks GREAT!!

Carl

Mach3DS
October 11th, 2016, 21:42
I've finished the bumps. Added gun ports, a bit of dirt, fine tuning the specs now. Everything is very close. I've hit a snag in the rear tip tanks cone area. It won't paint...not sure what's going on...I think it's something to do with the export of the model to FSX and using it in P3Dv3...Perhaps it's a P3D thing? It doesn't happen in MCX when viewing the model, and my guess is that FSX will work perfectly...

Couple of revised textures screens to see the progress....can't believe this model is as old as it is! Reminder, we have a collimated sight, and TacPack thanks to Henk and Toby! Hence the need for textured gun ports!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5457/29643447703_f0a967e229_o.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5612/29643447953_3d8d43dbfd_o.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5809/29642908794_38f933b047_o.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5743/29643448493_85f042be03_o.jpg

Daube
October 12th, 2016, 00:11
Impressive work !! :dizzy:
The only element showing the age of that model is the lack of polys for the engine intakes and the canopy shapes.
Other than that, your texture work make this old model look like a new, nowadays-standards one, and that's quite an achievement ! :ernaehrung004:

Now, if only someone could rework the virtual cockpit... (textures won't be sufficient for that one...)

Mach3DS
October 12th, 2016, 11:07
Thanks Daube. The VC still looks acceptable. The textures I have are fairly sharp in detail...

Im going to finish up the paint kit and see if I can't solve the tip tanks cone issue...but I'm pretty much there. Tacpack works.

JosefK
October 12th, 2016, 11:41
This is bad-a**. I hope Gregory Coyler's T-33s are part of this! :applause:

Mach3DS
October 12th, 2016, 12:34
Thanks. I'm not sure who that is!?

Switchblade408
October 12th, 2016, 12:59
He's one of the more popular air show pilots who has a thing for flying the T-33.

Mach3DS
October 12th, 2016, 13:17
I see! I'm not doing any other paints for this aircraft outside of this bare metal one. But the paint kit will have everything needed to create a good representation should anyone want to! I have other projects I need to move into. But I highly encourage others to jump aboard when it's released!

JosefK
October 12th, 2016, 13:44
Thanks guys. I'm sure repainters will want to please do the T-33s of Gregory W Colyer/Ace Maker Airshows (https://www.facebook.com/AceMakerAirshows/?ref=page_internal)

Willy
October 12th, 2016, 16:06
I did some T-33 paints a few months back. They'll probably need a redo for this.

Ian Warren
October 12th, 2016, 19:49
:adoration: Nothing like a little 'Spit and Polish' .. some reason I keep thinking of 'John Wayne and Janet Leigh' in the movie "Jet Pilot" :very_drunk:

IFlySWA
October 12th, 2016, 21:12
:adoration: Nothing like a little 'Spit and Polish' .. some reason I keep thinking of 'John Wayne and Janet Leigh' in the movie "Jet Pilot" :very_drunk:

Me too. :encouragement: What were their call signs? 'S' for Shannon and 'A' for Anna? :biggrin-new:

Ian Warren
October 12th, 2016, 21:46
Me too. :encouragement: What were their call signs? 'S' for Shannon and 'A' for Anna?
:adoration: It is a Friggen Brilliant Movie for its time, Simply Entertaining ... I had to say to 'Barf' this morning after hearing how large the new hanger complex at Christchurch Wigram Air Force Museum (most hidden away) ... I said so when are going to get a B-36 :encouragement: ... Hmmm that's outta the question :untroubled:

Javis
October 12th, 2016, 23:58
Looks superb ! :encouragement:

Is the source file available ? Gmax or FSDS ? If someone would care to convert it to native FSX i might have a suitable VC for it. Working on a T2V-1/T-1A (off and on). Not exactly a T-33 but the cockpit is quite similar to it.

cheers,
jan

falcon409
October 13th, 2016, 02:59

Is the source file available ? Gmax or FSDS ? If someone would care to convert it to native FSX i might have a suitable VC for it. Working on a T2V-1/T-1A (off and on). Not exactly a T-33 but the cockpit is quite similar to it.

cheers,
jan
This is already Native FSX, has been for several years now.

Javis
October 15th, 2016, 05:11
Even better! :cool:

Mach3DS
October 15th, 2016, 12:13
UPDATE: Okay, I've encountered a bit of a problem, it's not show stopping by any means but it is rather annoying and it's one that I can't figure out.

As seen in the pics above the rear of the tip tanks(IN P3D ONLY ) does not display alpha or specular. I cant fix it...as I don't know what could be causing it. Right now I believe it's a bug in the way that P3D renders lighting compared to FSX tied to the (IMO), not very good mapping layout for the tip tanks texture. I think its repeated as it scrolls around the rear cone... At any rate, it's only from the external.view in P3D. Viewed from the VC it looks correct and displays fine...you can see my problem now...I have no idea how this could be happening. I'm going to include an FSX model for those using FSX and a P3D model for those with P3D. It really doesn't matter the fsx one worked for both equally well. These will be the tacpack model only. It replaces the FIS model. If you don't have Tacpack it won't affect anything other than being able to actually use the weapons (since there's no visual 3D model to hang extetnally for bombs or rockets anyway). You will still have the collimated sight.

Do you want it released as is or do you want me to troubleshoot it more and try to solve the issue?

falcon409
October 15th, 2016, 13:05
Rick, you've done an amazing job with so many of these converted aircraft, along with others behind the scenes who have contributed their expertise. I see that as a very minor problem which may or may not have a fix. It looks awesome right now and I would love to see you release it. I'm anxious to see your handiwork up close and personal. This is one of the earliest Jets I worked on daily after Tech School.

Mach3DS
October 15th, 2016, 18:52
Well, since I didn't get any other responses and since I'm out of ideas...I'm going to release it tonight. I just need to put the Readme file together. Maybe someone with more experience in the model arena will spot the issue and quickly fix the problem! More eyes on will help likely.

This is going to be labled "T-33X" but it will be credited fully to Tim Conrad and then credits for each part of the hands involved in its upgrade. I wish Tim was still around! But we all thank him for his incomparable contribution in the past!

JosefK
October 15th, 2016, 19:00
Thanks for doing this!

Mach3DS
October 15th, 2016, 21:45
Both the Aircraft package and paint kit are released as is. Enjoy!

Maj Kong
October 16th, 2016, 10:38
Just installed it in FSX Steam. Everything seems correct but there is no visible Aircraft "Visual Model could not be displayed".
I have double checked the installation and find no flaws there so I will try it again later..
Neal H

Flyboy208
October 16th, 2016, 10:55
Thanks so much Rick ! Mike :ernaehrung004:

jagl04
October 16th, 2016, 11:08
Great work. Thanks a lot

Mach3DS
October 16th, 2016, 11:08
Remember you'll have to select your appropriate model for your sim. FSX or p3d within the main aircraft folder and then point the repaints to that folder name by changing the corresponding

"Model=x" in the aircraft.cfg. I don't have steam edition so I can't support it. Sorry guys!

Bjoern
October 16th, 2016, 11:58
Apart from the installation location, FSXSE is exactly the same as FSXMS.

dvj
October 16th, 2016, 15:57
Just installed it in FSX Steam. Everything seems correct but there is no visible Aircraft "Visual Model could not be displayed".
I have double checked the installation and find no flaws there so I will try it again later..
Neal H

I get the exact same error message for all textures except the EW-133 Silver Star. It loads just fine. Running FSX, the difference seems to be the model line in the aircraft config for each of the textures. Mine is showing P3D_TP. In FSX, this needs to change to FSX_TP.

- d

Mach3DS
October 16th, 2016, 16:48
Did that fix the problem dvj? It should have. I'm running it without issue in a P3DV3.49 and FSXA. The EW model was also converted.

Victory103
October 16th, 2016, 18:01
Impressive work and TP is an added bonus, I can only hope maybe some of Piglet's other fine models will get a better than port-over treatment.

dvj
October 16th, 2016, 18:09
Did that fix the problem dvj? It should have. I'm running it without issue in a P3DV3.49 and FSXA. The EW model was also converted.

Ah no. Just tried. Something else I cannot find as different unless it's associated to the panel somehow.

-d

Mach3DS
October 16th, 2016, 19:23
Try removing the tacpack entry from the "Panel=" part of the livery entry. That's probably why the others all work. Hopefully! Otherwise back to the drawing board!

Mach3DS
October 17th, 2016, 06:35
So just a quick startup...

1. Please read the README file.
2. If you don't have tacpack, please use the standard panel folder.

Open your aircraft.cfg and remove the entry after "panel=" in each of your liveries. This will unhook your aircraft from tacpack completely and utilize the standard panel. I will look into the models today just to make sure I didn't transpose one or both when separating them for FSX/P3D. I might just make them exclusively FSX. Which works in both sims.

My idea for separating the models initially was so that I could isolate the texture issue to P3D model. Anyhoo.....hopefully you all are able to fly it now. Please ley me know if you have been able to fly it without issue and what sim you are using. Thanks! Please DO NOT PM me about issues I will use this thread instead. I'm always around so you won't be ignored. Also remember there's only so much that can be done. In terms of what was done, it's as if we just flipped some settings switches to ON...I don't have 3D modeling experience so I can't increase poly count etc. on the model. I want it to work for everyone but im also, like Tim Conrad, not providing ticket support for every issue. I'll likely be glad to help but please read through this forum as the issue has likely or will likely be resolved with the answer posted here. Thanks.

falcon409
October 17th, 2016, 06:52
Rick,
No problems here. I don't have TacPack, so my first step was to get rid of anything related to it. After that I dropped any Foreign Registery aircraft (sorry don't fly those as a general rule). Once those two steps were complete then it was just a case of going through the aircraft.cfg file, removing the foreign aircraft liveries, correcting the "model= and panel=" information to bring everything in line and putting the Allision J33-A-35 turbo sounds from the previous FSX version into this one.

Everything has worked perfectly. I did have an early scare as after adjusting the config file and loading the aircraft I found myself somewhere in the area of the exhaust rather than the VC as I should have been, lol. Turns out when I adjusted the eyepoint setting (up&down) I somehow removed the "eyepoint=" part of that line, lol. . .All is good now. Nice job.

By the way, I have flown it both in P3D_V3.5 and FSX without any problems.

dvj
October 17th, 2016, 08:08
So just a quick startup...

1. Please read the README file.
2. If you don't have tacpack, please use the standard panel folder.

Open your aircraft.cfg and remove the entry after "panel=" in each of your liveries. This will unhook your aircraft from tacpack completely and utilize the standard panel. I will look into the models today just to make sure I didn't transpose one or both when separating them for FSX/P3D. I might just make them exclusively FSX. Which works in both sims.

My idea for separating the models initially was so that I could isolate the texture issue to P3D model. Anyhoo.....hopefully you all are able to fly it now. Please ley me know if you have been able to fly it without issue and what sim you are using. Thanks! Please DO NOT PM me about issues I will use this thread instead. I'm always around so you won't be ignored. Also remember there's only so much that can be done. In terms of what was done, it's as if we just flipped some settings switches to ON...I don't have 3D modeling experience so I can't increase poly count etc. on the model. I want it to work for everyone but im also, like Tim Conrad, not providing ticket support for every issue. I'll likely be glad to help but please read through this forum as the issue has likely or will likely be resolved with the answer posted here. Thanks.

Got them to open in FSX-A by making these changes in the config file:
- model: FSX_TP
- panel: ew113

nothing else worked. got either unable to load, missing textures, or FSX crash resulted.

- I added a sound folder from a Milviz product.

cheers,

- d

DaveWG
October 17th, 2016, 10:05
Thanks for your work on this Rick. :encouragement:
I've taken the liberty and modded the P3d mdl to fix the texture problem with the rear on the tiptanks. The mapping was all screwed up & had to be reworked.

Unzip, and drop this into the model.P3D_TP folder (backup first!) http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/T33_newMDL.zip

Mach3DS
October 17th, 2016, 10:19
Brilliant Dave! Thank you! I knew it was the P3D model but I had no idea how to fix it! Most appreciated!

DaveWG
October 17th, 2016, 10:29
No problem. :encouragement: Somehow the mapping was messed up, and the polys on the rear section were effectively flattened, and were being mapped side-on. P3d doesn't like bump maps on polys like that, hence the odd looking texture.

edit: I've updated the zip I posted above, and it now has a modified ew133 model as well. (P3d native, so don't try it in FSX!)

Mach3DS
October 17th, 2016, 11:04
You're that man Dave! Do you mind if I upload it as a fix for.the p3d users?

DaveWG
October 17th, 2016, 11:12
No problem, go for it!

Bjoern
October 17th, 2016, 13:07
Dave:
Which XToMDL version was used for the fixed models?
If it was compiled with XToMDL from the P3D v1.4 SDK, the resulting .mdl file is perfectly compatible with FSX.
If not, running the .x and .xanim files (exported from 3ds Max or so) through a FSX compliant compiler (FSXA or P3D v1.4) will do the trick.

Mach3DS
October 17th, 2016, 17:06
Dave, I'm just doing a once over of the new P3D model, everything works as should, however there is now a seam introduced along the longitudinal axis where the textures meet. It's only in this new model, compared to the one you replaced. Any chance it was introduced in error? off angle it's not viewable, but it casts a direct shadow line down the model...as if the very centerline has a small ridge that protrudes. Any ideas? It's messing with the shades of the both halves of the fuselage texture one slightly brighter than the other. I'll wait to upload it, as it will likely cause more questions that I don't have answers to! LOL.

OLD P3D MODEL (T-33X package)

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5660/30099815610_53f4d47f64_o.jpg

NEW MAPPED MODEL P3D

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5479/29765141383_14b7b50a0d_o.jpg

Javis
October 17th, 2016, 17:59
Looks like the vertexes of the left and right halves of the fuselage edges are not welded. Also the ailerons, elevs and rudder need seperate top/bottom smoothing groups.

Mach3DS
October 17th, 2016, 20:37
Same thing appears to be happening with the EW133 model as well. This is beyond my current skills, so I will keep the current package as is. Dave if you feel like trying to fix anything more than welcome, but also, not asking since I don't want to impose on you. I will ask that unless Dave (or someone else with 3d mesh skills) can fix the P3D setup, that you not convert to the link posted by Dave above for the moment, as you will experience a loss of texture fidelity. Thanks. BTW, Dave, if you do decide to, I will certainly update the whole package and put your name in the credits, since this was the most annoying bug to me personally! LOL. But again, totally understand if you are otherwise busy to engage. :engel016:

Mach3DS
October 17th, 2016, 21:53
Decided to do this simple warbird scheme...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5534/30284106452_1df6cc7ce7_o.jpg

DaveWG
October 17th, 2016, 22:23
Apologies for the error Rick. I'll have a look at that this evening.

falcon409
October 18th, 2016, 05:41
Anyone who wants to stay with the current VC (some have shown an interest in possibly using a different VC from a similar type aircraft), I am updating the textures for better resolution. I should have them ready by this weekend. I'll post again when they've been uploaded.

Mach3DS
October 18th, 2016, 06:28
Cool! The nice thing about staying with the current VC is that it has a collimated sight and is setup for Tacpack if you have it.

WarHorse47
October 18th, 2016, 07:16
Anyone who wants to stay with the current VC (some have shown an interest in possibly using a different VC from a similar type aircraft), I am updating the textures for better resolution. I should have them ready by this weekend. I'll post again when they've been uploaded.Cool. By any chance will the gauges be updated? Instead of the 40 individual, un-trusted gauges in the gauges folder, it would be nice to have them all tied up in a single *.cab file to keep them neat and tidy. Maybe someone has already done that?

Bjoern
October 18th, 2016, 10:06
Cool. By any chance will the gauges be updated? Instead of the 40 individual, un-trusted gauges in the gauges folder, it would be nice to have them all tied up in a single *.cab file to keep them neat and tidy. Maybe someone has already done that?

I think Tim's original release mostly used .gau type gauges, which can not be combined into a .cab file. They will have to be replaced with XML gauges from a donor aircraft. Maybe any of Tim's later birds?

falcon409
October 18th, 2016, 19:21
I think Tim's original release mostly used .gau type gauges, which can not be combined into a .cab file. They will have to be replaced with XML gauges from a donor aircraft. Maybe any of Tim's later birds?
I thought I had something with the F-5 or the T-2 but there are too many gauges etc., in the T-33 that have no equivalent in his other jets. Too bad. It would be nice to be able to have a simple cab file rather than the grocery list of individual gauges, but doesn't look like that's possible. . .at least when limiting it to any of his other aircraft.

Mach3DS
October 18th, 2016, 21:51
Simple Warbird style scheme complete. I've received a new mapped model from DaveWG, thanks Dave! He was able to fix the texture issue with the rear tip tanks. Thank goodness! Other issues also resolved in the P3D model. I will release a complete package and also just the fix file for those who already have it. Also I've made a slight bump change. You can try it out if you like. I'll upload everything tomorrow.

Here's the P3D model in action in the new scheme.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5659/30385526946_efcd4e1a88_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8135/29791021424_5f821bce71_o.jpg

Mach3DS
October 18th, 2016, 22:20
The fix and the paint scheme are both released. Please.be sure to use bananabobs GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds. I have optimized all my paints for every airplane I do to use that or the p3d dynamic reflections as they are high contrast reflection maps.

Rami
October 19th, 2016, 01:34
Hey guys,

I am going to revise the aircraft package to avoid having a "fix" in the library requiring two separate downloads. However, since the aircraft package is 135MB, I am attaching the model fix to this thread until the end of October to allow those who have the plane to have access to it without having to download the whole ball of wax.

Daube
October 19th, 2016, 03:24
Simple Warbird style scheme complete. I've received a new mapped model from DaveWG, thanks Dave! He was able to fix the texture issue with the rear tip tanks. Thank goodness! Other issues also resolved in the P3D model. I will release a complete package and also just the fix file for those who already have it. Also I've made a slight bump change. You can try it out if you like. I'll upload everything tomorrow.

Here's the P3D model in action in the new scheme.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5659/30385526946_efcd4e1a88_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8135/29791021424_5f821bce71_o.jpg

Nice pictures of the real bird, but I would prefer to see the aircraft model in the sim instead...

:applause:

Jafo
October 19th, 2016, 05:04
Nice pictures of the real bird, but I would prefer to see the aircraft model in the sim instead...

:applause:
Yeah....I thought he was cheating too...;)

Mach3DS
October 19th, 2016, 08:39
Ha! You're too kind. Hopefully everyone has been able to get this working on whichever platform is being used.

Mach3DS
October 19th, 2016, 09:39
Thanks Rami! Was hoping this could be done. Appreciated.:encouragement:

Bjoern
October 19th, 2016, 12:38
I thought I had something with the F-5 or the T-2 but there are too many gauges etc., in the T-33 that have no equivalent in his other jets. Too bad. It would be nice to be able to have a simple cab file rather than the grocery list of individual gauges, but doesn't look like that's possible. . .at least when limiting it to any of his other aircraft.

What about Alphasim's F-80 then? Or SectionF8's F-86?

I'm pretty sure that a slight mix'n'match of avionics was quite the norm for the real birds.

Rami
October 19th, 2016, 13:49
Thanks Rami! Was hoping this could be done. Appreciated. :encouragement:

Rick,

(Shrugs)...It's what they pay me for. Speaking of which...:biggrin-new:

Mach3DS
October 19th, 2016, 16:28
Just so you're all aware:

If you haven't figured it out by now the mapping is not very well done on this old bird. But it's all we've got! The top of the nose where you would paint the glare shield is not symmetrical...so in order to make the shield even one side must be shorter/longer than the other by roughly 4 rivets plus spaces. (Could.be less...going by memory on my phone). Trial and error friends!

falcon409
October 19th, 2016, 16:45
What about Alphasim's F-80 then? Or SectionF8's F-86?
I'm pretty sure that a slight mix'n'match of avionics was quite the norm for the real birds.
I'll have a look Bjoern.

Willy
October 19th, 2016, 17:14
There's an older AlphaSim F-84 that I've been using it's gauges in the F-80 and T-33. They just seem to have a better look to me.

Butcherbird17
October 19th, 2016, 19:21
Just so you're all aware:

If you haven't figured it out by now the mapping is not very well done on this old bird. But it's all we've got! The top of the nose where you would paint the glare shield is not symmetrical...so in order to make the shield even one side must be shorter/longer than the other by roughly 4 rivets plus spaces. (Could.be less...going by memory on my phone). Trial and error friends!

Found that out the hard way. There is one paint (one of the USA birds) that it shows this problem. I'm painting up a striped bird
and its a PITA lining them up. I am in the process of cleaning up the PK to my liking then I will get back to my paint.

Joe

falcon409
October 20th, 2016, 04:23
I have looked at quite a few options for changing the gauges, none suits me to be honest. Tim was quite specific about the gauges he made for the T-Bird (designed to be at various angles to match their position, also custom gauges for specific functions) and there isn't anything I've found that works as well. Yes the grocery list of "gau" files is quite long for this jet, but they work and so I'm satisfied with what is. Anyone else want to give it a go, be my guest.

SSW1
October 20th, 2016, 07:12
Both the Aircraft package and paint kit are released as is. Enjoy!

Hi,
brilliant work.
I'm interested on the T33 paintkit, i'm on the first steps to learn texturizing "art", so watching what have done who are better than me is always very useful.
But i could not find in SOH library such paint kit, may you point me to it ?
tia
/Mario

falcon409
October 20th, 2016, 07:23
Go to the Warbird library and click on "NEW" and scroll down, you'll find it there with the T-33 release files.

SSW1
October 20th, 2016, 07:35
Go to the Warbird library and click on "NEW" and scroll down, you'll find it there with the T-33 release files.

thanks a lot, got it
/Mario

Butcherbird17
October 20th, 2016, 12:41
Here is one I'm working on now. Still got a lot of things to do on it, just wanted to see what she looked like in sim.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/Butcherbird17/T-33X_01_zpsynbojvr3.jpg~original (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Butcherbird17/media/T-33X_01_zpsynbojvr3.jpg.html)

Joe

FlameOut
October 20th, 2016, 12:45
That is a good looking bird you have there ! :applause:

Mach3DS
October 20th, 2016, 13:11
Nice! Looking good. Looks like you sorted the nose glareshield issue! Annoying little inconsistency!

Butcherbird17
October 20th, 2016, 13:25
Thanks guys. Yeah I got the anti-glare shield just right now, but still some alignment issues on the front of the nose.
Looks to be about 2 pixel difference between the 2 half's of the fuselage.

Joe

alain0568
October 21st, 2016, 01:22
Hello

I have a problem with the T-33! (Latest version published!)
"Can not display the visual model"
No variants are displayed !!!!:banghead:
Am I the only one?
Thank you for your help!

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/11/39/89/45/pb_t3310.png (https://servimg.com/view/11398945/1584)

Alain

-

Maj Kong
October 21st, 2016, 03:29
I removed the TACPAK entries in aircraft.cfg and solved it it for me

Mach3DS
October 21st, 2016, 04:35
If the model is not showing it is likely that you have the incorrect panel selected. Remove the Tacpack entry from the "panel=" section. The Model= section has no bearing. It was just renamed that to correspond with update to include tacpack.

DaveWG
October 21st, 2016, 06:11
Hello

I have a problem with the T-33! (Latest version published!)
"Can not display the visual model"
No variants are displayed !!!!:banghead:
Am I the only one?
Thank you for your help!

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/11/39/89/45/pb_t3310.png (https://servimg.com/view/11398945/1584)

Alain

-

Looks like you're trying to use the P3d native model in FSX.

klnowak
October 21st, 2016, 10:58
If you use FSX in aircraft.cfg there is to change every model entry to : model=FSX_TP

Got the same problem at first start up.

Works fine afterwords :applause:

Greetings
Klaus

alain0568
October 21st, 2016, 11:29
Good evening,

-Ok, Now it works!:wavey:
Thank you for your help!

Alain

-

Butcherbird17
October 21st, 2016, 13:32
Getting there. Think I got everything all lined up with the PK and now it will go faster on the few paints I'm going to do.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/Butcherbird17/T-33X_02_zpsi9yj0vh2.jpg~original (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Butcherbird17/media/T-33X_02_zpsi9yj0vh2.jpg.html)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/Butcherbird17/T-33X_03_zpswk0oabdk.jpg~original (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Butcherbird17/media/T-33X_03_zpswk0oabdk.jpg.html)

Joe

Flyboy208
October 21st, 2016, 19:07
Fantastic repaint Joe ! Mike :applause:

Radioman123
October 22nd, 2016, 12:13

cheers,
jan

Jan

If you are interested, I have the source code from the 2010 redo. It was done at the time to make it FSX SP2/A native and to fix some items in the animations. It was hand converted as the auto conversion tools did not exist then. It is in FSDS 3.5.1. If you understand FSDS, there are limitations regarding bump mapping, shine, etc where third party tools are needed to convert the source (through X) to get that to work right.

I can make the source available to you if you like. What needs to be done still is a VC upgrade and a pilot upgrade. Send me a PM and I will send it to you. I am still a working stiff and there has not been much time to work these simulations. I had permission from Tim Conrad (Piglet) to convert it at the time and from Ed Wells (falcon409) to use some of his great textures.

Regards

Radioman123

johndetrick
October 23rd, 2016, 09:20
Just uploaded a new skin for the T-33. A TV-2D assigned to Guided Missile Group 1 NAS Pt Mugu and NAS Barbers Pt. BTW my original USMC repaints work well for this model.

jmpepe
November 11th, 2017, 08:04
HELLO FOLKS

I just dont find anywhere this 2016 T-33 Redux file to download. I'm on FSX and just reading that it has bump maps makes me dribble. But I only have the 2011 version, not this update by W. E. Stephens (Radioman123) . Does it means that it will remain private? I just googled all the ways i can imagine with no avail.

I dont want bother Radioman123 with a private email, because I think if he dont want to share I shouldnt bother him with that demmand.

can someone clarify me?

Yous José Sousa

falcon409
November 11th, 2017, 08:21
The easy answer is that it has never been a private download, it is located in the SOH "Warbirds Library". Use Radioman123 as the search name and see if that gets what you need. I will find the link in the meantime and post it if you don't have any luck (unless someone who is lurking right now beats me to it).

falcon409
November 11th, 2017, 08:23
Here ya go!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=38&linkid=3627

MrZippy
November 11th, 2017, 08:30
Let's see if I did this right....How about this one? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=38&id=21946

Willy
November 11th, 2017, 08:45
I can't believe I'd forgotten all about this one. Might be time to burn a little kerosine.

While I normally equate flying jets to behaviors equal to urinating in the punch bowl at a party, there are exceptions to every rule and the Lockheed F-80 and T-33 reduxs are notably exceptional to my "no shop heaters" rule.

MustangL2W
November 11th, 2017, 08:55
Did Butcherbird17's Red with Black Striped 36th Fighter Group TR-003 repaint ever get posted anywhere?? That is a stunning look for a T-33!

Willy
November 11th, 2017, 10:12
Did Butcherbird17's Red with Black Striped 36th Fighter Group TR-003 repaint ever get posted anywhere?? That is a stunning look for a T-33!

I agree, definitely stunning. But if it's here, I sure can't find it.

Butcherbird17
November 11th, 2017, 10:52

Wow I forgot all about that one. I never did release that paint. I'm pretty sure I lost that paint kit on a hard drive failure after those pics
were taken. I do remember that I needed to make new bump maps for it as I redid the front panel lines and rivets to better match the
real a/c and then started to have issues with the drive.

Joe