PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Driver settings?

big-mike
September 23rd, 2016, 07:03
I have still issues with my water.
Holger from ORBX could help a bit,but the main issue still exists----the ocean floor in the US regions.
I have deactivated these "_TidalAreas_Satellite_" .bgl files but the question is,why can i not use them?Others seems not have problems with this files.
Here is the link

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/121787-ocean-floor-issue/

I´m using Stevs DX10 Fixer and made the suggested settings in the NVI-inspector from Adam`s HowTo,Dec.2014
I also use the recommended settings from ORBX manuals for years----never touched them.
Are settings in the Nvidia driver recommended?I never did that.
Mike

heywooood
September 23rd, 2016, 08:39
It is difficult to make recommendations in these areas...can't see what you are seeing, don't know every little change you might have made, what files added. removed, altered, etc..
very difficult.

To answer your question - I have never made an adjustment to Nvidia GUI or the Inspector GUI to directly affect the water rendering in FSXboxed DX10 fixer that I run.
I have win7 64bit OS with an older GTX670 card

I have never added, removed or altered any of the water related files in FSX but I am certain that REX Essentials Plus, FS Water Configurator, and possibly ORBX have...

Is it the tint of the water?..the reflective qualities?...the surface rendering or wave effects? REX - FS Water Config and ORBX can all affect these - I think even Steve's Fixer has some water related settings..

If you have chased this particular rabbit far enough down this particular hole you might not be able to get out again...possibly a complete re installation is the only sure answer.
It has happened to me once or twice FWIW

big-mike
September 24th, 2016, 07:42
Thanks heywood.
Problem solved,i did what the member "daladna" from the ORBX forums suggested and everything is okay now.
Mike

heywooood
September 24th, 2016, 08:53
Good news - Glad it got sorted