PDA

View Full Version : The weather report!

wombat666
February 6th, 2009, 22:59
For all you people who are less than pleased with your chilly environment, spare a thought for us Aussies.
We are experiencing some 'interesting' weather, on the upper North Coast the rain is bucketing down and large areas of coastal Queensland are under water.
Down in the Southern corner (my area) we are in a lather, temperature for today (Saturday) peaked at 46C in the CBD and 47C at the Avalon airfield ........ or 118F if you like.
Hottest day ever recorded for Victoria with bush fires all over ........ not good!
:faint:

AGAS 5
February 6th, 2009, 23:42
Well mate, I feel better now..... only 41c here in the capital...

:woot:

Pete

gigabyte
February 7th, 2009, 02:02
I feel for your guys, weather to any extreme is not fun, we have had the coldest temps on record here this winter, far too many days below -40 C (or F it is the same in both C & F and that is Frickin COLD!). The snow we got in early Dec which normally never lasts didn't get a chance to melt so the additional 140CM (thats about 80 inches for the Yanks) that has fallen since has just piled up on top. It is becoming very hard to convincence anyone around here that there is such thing as Global Warming, (and I am not tryig to be funny) our last 2 winters have been brutal.

Now that I think about it, perhaps our weather extremes are the reason we Canuck's and Aussie's have a liking for High Octaine Suds, if I recall correctly most of our native brews are quite a bit higher in Alcohol content than other countries...

hey_moe
February 7th, 2009, 03:16
In Va. I think I have had a grand total of 11 snow flakes hit my windshield. It's been chilly but that is about it. :faint:

wombat666
February 7th, 2009, 03:53
Latest news is not good, 90 degree wind change has intensified the Bushfires and the CFA crews are working even harder tonight (just gone 23.50 DST) than during the day.
So far we have 14 confirmed out of a probable 40+ deaths and hundreds of homes destroyed, plus the inevitable toll on livestock and who knows what the tally will be on the Native animals, Churchill National Park has been hard hit.
Those CFA people are outstanding, I dips me lid to them!
:kilroy:

stansdds
February 7th, 2009, 04:37
In Va. I think I have had a grand total of 11 snow flakes hit my windshield. It's been chilly but that is about it. :faint:

Got ya beat! We had about a half inch of snow on the lawn and cars Tuesday morning and that's in Chester. And it's been pretty darned cold. :173go1: