PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting Hampton Air Field_7B3

falcon409
September 19th, 2016, 16:48
I did this one a few years ago as part of a group I did for a Hop List that Bill (WND) and I flew. Recently I had a request to take a look at it since there had been improvements to the field and so this is the result. Still some work to do though, maybe ready by this weekend.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/7B3_Aerial-2016-sep-19-001.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/7B3_Aerial-2016-sep-19-002.jpg

Cees Donker
September 19th, 2016, 19:40
Love your airfields!

:applause::applause::applause:

Cees

falcon409
September 19th, 2016, 19:54
Love your airfields!
:applause::applause::applause:
Cees
Thanks Cees! If I could get a handle on doing hi-res ground polys, I could add a lot more to these fields, but it just eludes me, lol. I read what people describe as their methods for doing it and they show some amazing work, but it seems to hit a brick wall when it goes from reading it to doing it, lol, lol.

Ian Warren
September 19th, 2016, 20:53
Thanks Cees! If I could get a handle on doing hi-res ground polys, I could add a lot more to these fields, but it just eludes me, lol. I read what people describe as their methods for doing it and they show some amazing work, but it seems to hit a brick wall when it goes from reading it to doing it, lol, lol.
It dose require a program to work place the photo, bloody expensive, I'm luck to be given the photo and work the magic with the AGN , I did build airports for FS9 but since it really takes time doing the AGN and then moving into FSX I simply stuck to what or how I read the photo given, One person who I have done a lot of work for is Rob at http://windowlight.co.nz/godzoneWP/ , .. Rob found a few programs that are freely available for photo placement.

Dimus
September 20th, 2016, 00:20
You're lucky to have most of the US available in relatively hi res sat images. Still your color correction work and seasonal variations are top notch.

I'm also working at redoing my home base LGTT and I have to work with a very washed out ground image. It is slowly getting there but I do intend to investigate ground polys, at least for the runway as the standard FSX/P3D textures, or even REX ones that I use do not match reality in terms of color or markings. I'll see how it goes.

Have you tried the standard GPs included in ADE for runway marking, parking lots etc? They are quite nice and easy to implement.

One of my colleagues showed me what you can do nowadays with a drone. A whole area can be mapped in hi res image which is geo referenced and ready to be placed. Color is excellent as it is close range aerial, not satellite. You can also get ground elevation data from the drone. If one has access to a site needing modelling, the ground image can be of amazing quality. It can then either be used to create a photo background or to create separate ground polys.

Seahawk72s
September 20th, 2016, 08:49
Multiple PMs with pictures.