PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration activation in Windows 10 not working?

mrogers
September 18th, 2016, 20:59
I've got windows 10, a brand new one from the start that came with a new PC. I've installed FSX and it ran good, then I installed Acceleration, however the activation window for the Acceleration product key for it didn't pop up during the install, though. I noticed that, but I carried on anyway and started FSX. A box came up like this;

"We're sorry,an unexpected error which is preventing product activation from being completed.

ERROR CODE:1-80004005

More information about this problem may be available online. Would you like to view this information now? Yes / No"

FSX would continue to run after that though however after about 5 mins the sim would throw up another box saying it had to close.

Anyone had this happen to them in Windows 10? Was there a solution for it and if so what was it?

I've had a look online for solutions, but none it seems really addresses the issue I'm having. There was a solution that involved the windows registry and making an adjustment there but it seems there's nothing wrong there as the missing code to enable activating the window for entering the Acceleration product key to appear is already there. It just isn't appearing at all and I can't write in the product key because it isn't appearing. That one was a head scratcher moment for me.

I do want Acceleration in FSX as I understand some products need it to run in FSX plus the extra features it has as well.
Is UAC somehow doing this? I'm in the dark trying to work this one out.

dhazelgrove
September 18th, 2016, 23:29
I found this (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/error-code-1-80004005/e830c10e-7fe4-4146-81c1-36585ac638d2?auth=1) online.

Dave

mrogers
September 18th, 2016, 23:58
Thanks Dave, but been there already, no good there.

dhazelgrove
September 19th, 2016, 01:55
Tried this (https://support.microsoft.com/da-dk/kb/960480)?

Scroll down to the blue Download button and save the .MSI file and then run it. Next time you run FSX it should ask for the activation key.

Dave

mrogers
September 19th, 2016, 03:36
Also been there, support for Microsoft Fix It ended a long time ago apparently so it isn't available anymore unfortunately. I'm having a look at the list of Windows troubleshooter downloads, and saw on another website called the Windows Club something called FixWin for Windows 10, a freeware utility, but I'm not sure if they would fix this particular problem.

I also tried this fix below, checked the PartMgr was there and it was already there, so because it was there I haven't touched the registry. The problem is that the Acceleration registration wizard doesn't appear.

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Something isn't connecting with it somehow. FSX/Accel would still load after the error code box has popped up, and I'd go fly and then after 5mins or less a box would appear saying "we're sorry, a problem was encountered, FSX will close" or words to that effect.

dhazelgrove
September 19th, 2016, 04:58
The only other thing I can suggest is for you to uninstall Acceleration, then re-install with your AV disabled.
If you have SP2 installed, remove that as well. Don't re-install it. Acceleration replaces it, to some extent.

Dave

big-mike
September 19th, 2016, 06:15
Try to run as Administrator.
Mike

rvn817j
September 19th, 2016, 06:30
Interesting...this worked for me after I upgraded to Windows 10 and was having the notice when loading FSX. Remember it is "PartMgr" and not "partmgr" (partmgr is what appeared in my registry).

I was having problems with Win 7 and it took me months to fix that issue so I missed the Windows 10 free upgrade window. For those that missed the free upgrade window and want to upgrade now try looking into an "accessibility upgrade". For those that are having issues with Win 7, if interested I'll share the corrective steps I took to fix that issue (may have been a virus, may have been a registry issue).

mrogers
September 19th, 2016, 15:27
Thanks Dave, Mike, had already checked out these options but no. FSX was a clean install, no SP1 and SP2 installed, Accel was installed straight after FSX. Accel has both SP1 and 2 included. Running as Admin didn't change the situation.

I changed "partmgr" to "PartMgr" and it worked!! It was just a simple change to make, it was there but in lower case letters. The registration wizard appeared and I filled it in and all was good to go. Thanks Jay.

However another problem has cropped up. 5 mins into a flight, I decided I would make some changes to the scenery settings, cranking things up a little higher. Back in flight, a window pops up saying "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

So what's happening there? It was happening when I had the activation problem. It appears to be another problem not connected to the earlier activation problem.

airtj
September 19th, 2016, 15:34
Do you have UIAutomationCore.dll installed? I kept getting crashes until I installed this in the main folder of fsx.

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/3516-fsx-and-windows-7-in-64-bits-needs-uiautomationcoredll-to-stop-crashing/

rvn817j
September 19th, 2016, 15:49
mrogers - In addition to the automationcore check, you might run the compatibility checker. "Right click" the file and one of the pop up selections is "Troubleshoot Compatibility". Select that and then an automatic selection will be made by the operating system...usually Win 7. Try that and I think that will help.

StormILM
September 19th, 2016, 17:16
When you get the UIAutomationCore.dll, check to see if it is version: 6.0.5840.16386. This is the version that I have which was recommended to me (and it works fine).

mrogers
September 19th, 2016, 17:23
Have now installed UIAutomationCore.dll.... no more crashes! Thanks airtj! The dll was missing, causing the shutdowns apparently. Anyway...touch wood, hope all will be ok now.
Thanks Jay, I don't think I will have to try the compatibility checker as the dll seems to have been the fix. I'll keep it in mind though for future use if need be.

mrogers
September 19th, 2016, 17:26
StormILM, yes, that's the version 6.0.5840.16386 I've got. Thanks.

jyarddog
December 22nd, 2017, 00:32
PartMgr WAS ALREADY THERE? DO THIS-----> DOUBLE CLICK UPPER FILTERS THEN WHERE PartMgr IS BLUE JUST TYPE 0 AND CLICK OK. THEN REPEAT THIS AND CHANGE THE 0 BACK TO PartMgr and click ok. THEN WHEN YOU OPEN fsx THAT REG SCREEN WILL APPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also tried this fix below, checked the PartMgr was there and it was already there, so because it was there I haven't touched the registry. The problem is that the Acceleration registration wizard doesn't appear.

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Something isn't connecting with it somehow. FSX/Accel would still load after the error code box has popped up, and I'd go fly and then after 5mins or less a box would appear saying "we're sorry, a problem was encountered, FSX will close" or words to that effect.

[/QUOTE]

Penzoil3
December 22nd, 2017, 01:25
Thanks Dave, Mike, had already checked out these options but no. FSX was a clean install, no SP1 and SP2 installed, Accel was installed straight after FSX. Accel has both SP1 and 2 included. Running as Admin didn't change the situation.

I changed "partmgr" to "PartMgr" and it worked!! It was just a simple change to make, it was there but in lower case letters. The registration wizard appeared and I filled it in and all was good to go. Thanks Jay.

However another problem has cropped up. 5 mins into a flight, I decided I would make some changes to the scenery settings, cranking things up a little higher. Back in flight, a window pops up saying "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

So what's happening there? It was happening when I had the activation problem. It appears to be another problem not connected to the earlier activation problem.

Read this! And this-
"Have now installed UIAutomationCore.dll.... no more crashes! Thanks airtj! The dll was missing, causing the shutdowns apparently. "