PDA

View Full Version : Saitec gone...

b52bob
September 16th, 2016, 06:44
well sort of. Over on AirDailyX it has been announced that madkatz has been sold to Logitech. This may have some good implications for better quality control on their products.

Bjoern
September 16th, 2016, 07:27
Well, becoming Logitech's budget brand with a few quality control improvements would surely make their products more attractive.

As much as I wanted to give Saitek my money, the reported quality issues made me invest in Thrustmaster again.

StormILM
September 16th, 2016, 11:30
Being a long time Saitek user, to me the whole Madkatz move was rotten to the core from day one. The QC issues were horrendous through most if not all of their tenure. All of my original Saitek products were solid and gave long use but my X55 suffered one major part failure (the twist axis potentiometer failure) which led to my returning the entire unit and receiving a brand new X56 in it's place free of charge. The replacement X56 is IMO worse quality than the X55 (poorly fitted parts, etc). I really liked my X55 and had it held up as well as well as my old X52, I would indeed have been very happy with it. I hope that Logitec makes changes for the better and doesn't pawn them off as their budget line (thus potentially making things worse QC wise). To be honest, for the money many hardware manufacturers are charging these days, it's reasonable to expect a product to be trouble free for at least a few years of daily use but the attitude in the industry suggest "profit at all costs" (even at making the consumer suffer).

Daveroo
September 16th, 2016, 12:06
well i guess this explains why i was never able to get a second throttle.i'd decided to stick with my CH products throttle quads for 4 engined flight,but i still want the cessna peddles.i cant afford to even blow my nose right now and were moving soon,so all the above is mute,but still i like to dream..lol