PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Juracagas older MiG 21F F13

ejoiner
September 8th, 2016, 20:24
Does anyone know if there is a version of Ivan's MiG-21F 13 that works for P3D? If there is a family of these planes that work as well as the MiG-21MFN, I would like to find them!! The FSX one really doesnt work well in P3D at all.

dhazelgrove
September 8th, 2016, 23:30
Does anyone know if there is a version of Ivan's MiG-21F 13 that works for P3D? If there is a family of these planes that work as well as the MiG-21MFN, I would like to find them!! The FSX one really doesnt work well in P3D at all.

From the FSX forum, with a post from you immediately under it:

It's a beauty but not FSX native like the MF one ( AFAK )

The F-13 is FS9, I'm afraid.
Someone had a look at making it FSX-native, but it apparently has too many custom animations.

If the MF is well-received and not subject to the usual 'downers', perhaps the author may be persuaded to look at their own version?

Dave

Daube
September 9th, 2016, 02:03
That Mig-21 F-13 actually works quite well as far as I have seen. The only problem comes from the transparency of the canopy+HUD textures. The Alpha Channel can be reworked but I didn't have time to play around with it.
Here is how it looked like in my P3D v3 :)

http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0073.jpg

ejoiner
September 9th, 2016, 05:20
That Mig-21 F-13 actually works quite well as far as I have seen. The only problem comes from the transparency of the canopy+HUD textures. The Alpha Channel can be reworked but I didn't have time to play around with it.
Here is how it looked like in my P3D v3 :)

http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0073.jpg

Thanks. I downloaded and installed it and flew it around. Yes, the canopy is not transparent. I am assming that is fixable. Bigger issue is none of the gauges show up in the cockpit. Still I was able to take it off and do a bit of zoom and boom from external view. it has some promise, but is not on par with the excellent MiG-21 MF, especially in the VC. External model is pretty nice.

Daube
September 9th, 2016, 09:01
I believe all gauges were working correctly on my P3D...
The canopy and HUD glass can definitely be reworked, I tried it back when I took that screenshot, but I could not get a good result. It was always too milky (whitening the outside scenery) no matter what... but ok, DXTBMP doesn't work so well on my computer (sometimes ignores my Alpha Channel modifications...)

dhazelgrove
September 10th, 2016, 01:48
Did Bear Studios ever do a Mig-21? they seem to have done everything else!

Looking at flight1.com, I can see that a lot of their products are now being touted as P3D-compatible - so if you want something as an alternative to the F-86 you could do a lot worse than the Mig-15.

Dave

Naismith
September 10th, 2016, 09:52
No they didn't, and we are also lacking a decent Mig-19. Almost the entire range of Sukhoi fighters needs a talented individual to step forward too.

dhazelgrove
September 10th, 2016, 11:22
No they didn't, and we are also lacking a decent Mig-19. Almost the entire range of Sukhoi fighters needs a talented individual to step forward too.

Wasn't the Mig-19 license-built as the Shenyang F6 in China?

There are Mig-19/Shenyang F6/J6 models over at flightsim.com - albeit they're FS9.

EDIT: Also found this over at flight1.com - Bear Studios F-7 Skybolt. Wasn't this a license-built Mig-21? Unfortunately, it's also just FS9.

Dave

ejoiner
September 10th, 2016, 14:40
I believe all gauges were working correctly on my P3D...
The canopy and HUD glass can definitely be reworked, I tried it back when I took that screenshot, but I could not get a good result. It was always too milky (whitening the outside scenery) no matter what... but ok, DXTBMP doesn't work so well on my computer (sometimes ignores my Alpha Channel modifications...)

I had the Bear Studios MiG-15 for FS9. It was great. I loved it.

dhazelgrove
September 11th, 2016, 23:29
I had the Bear Studios MiG-15 for FS9. It was great. I loved it.

If you still have the flight1 license, you can download the latest version here (http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=MiG-15) and install it into FSX.
As far as I know it hasn't been tried in P3D yet.

Dave