PDA

View Full Version : Aero Soft JayHawk no sound

gray eagle
September 8th, 2016, 10:46
Thought I'd try the new yellow Coast Guard AeroSoft Jayhawk but I have no sound. Tried other aircraft and I hear their sounds.
I don't hear sounds from any of the AeroSoft helo's. Reinstalled it and still no sounds.

Read something in the start up manual that would load one of their flights with everything already running but no sounds there either.
All the sound files work when individually played, but not when the helo is running.

Below is a quote from their manual:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42782&stc=1

I loaded above ^ and still no sounds. The sounds from all other aircraft/helos work, just not the ones from Aerosoft.
I know that this helo will not start with the CTRL + E and I guess that the Default all systems running is a shortcut
to get a helo to running and I would of hoped with sound but no sounds.

EDIT: Which ever airport I pick, this helo will already be running, no cold and dark start.

jmbiii
September 8th, 2016, 13:54
GE,
I will load up FSX and see what mine does.
Last time I flew the Jay it had sound.

Joe

Seahawk72s
September 8th, 2016, 14:06
Thought I'd try the new yellow Coast Guard AeroSoft Jayhawk but I have no sound. Tried other aircraft and I hear their sounds.
I don't hear sounds from any of the AeroSoft helo's. Reinstalled it and still no sounds.

Read something in the start up manual that would load one of their flights with everything already running but no sounds there either.
All the sound files work when individually played, but not when the helo is running.

Below is a quote from their manual:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42782&stc=1

I loaded above ^ and still no sounds. The sounds from all other aircraft/helos work, just not the ones from Aerosoft.
I know that this helo will not start with the CTRL + E and I guess that the Default all systems running is a shortcut
to get a helo to running and I would of hoped with sound but no sounds.

EDIT: Which ever airport I pick, this helo will already be running, no cold and dark start.

I just loaded mine and have sound.
You say there is a "sound" folder for the aircraft with sound files in it.
Is there a sound.cfg file with entries..?

I would check that the aircraft.cfg file has "sound" entries that point to that sound folder.

I found a different problem with textures.
I don't have a base texture folder so I needed to copy over "SH-60_0.bmp" to have rotor blade textures.
I also see a hull issue and have checked with two seperate paints.

jmbiii
September 8th, 2016, 14:42
NC,

I just loaded my 6006 from cold & dark. Started the engines with CTL-E. Sounds present.
Changed to one of the Navy helos at KNGU. Same scenario. Sounds present.
Check as Seahawk72s said. Sound folder in the aircraft folder and the sound folder has the wav files and the sound.cfg.

Seahawk72s,

Are all my paints showing the same as that pictured?

gray eagle
September 8th, 2016, 15:17
I had completely removed the AeroSoft Helo and did yet another install and lo and behold I now have sound.

Thought I'd try it out first before tinkering with anything; looks like I don't have to troubleshoot any farther.

Makes me wonder why I had no sound, but if it works, I don't need to fix it. (:

Thank you all for your responses. Now, I have to put that new yellow helo back in there and go for a ride. :encouragement:

jmbiii
September 8th, 2016, 15:26
NC, see if your paints of the CG helos are okay or like the one Seahawk72s pictured.

gray eagle
September 8th, 2016, 15:29
Yes, looks just like Seahawks72s. I had over 29 liveries in there. WOW. Now I have just the stock ones + the new yellow one.
That one looks Nice, :encouragement: Never new they were yellow at one time.

BTW me GE (Grayeagle). :biggrin-new:

NC, see if your paints of the CG helos are okay or like the one Seahawk72s pictured.

gray eagle
September 8th, 2016, 15:33
I only installed the 6001 version. Other ones look same to me.
The Aircraft.cfg file just says Sound =

I just loaded mine and have sound.
You say there is a "sound" folder for the aircraft with sound files in it.
Is there a sound.cfg file with entries..?

I would check that the aircraft.cfg file has "sound" entries that point to that sound folder.

I found a different problem with textures.
I don't have a base texture folder so I needed to copy over "SH-60_0.bmp" to have rotor blade textures.
I also see a hull issue and have checked with two seperate paints.

jmbiii
September 8th, 2016, 16:09
Gray Eagle

Here's three files. Unzip them and put them in your 6001 folder and over write . see if this fixes the paint.

jmbiii
September 8th, 2016, 16:14
Here's 6001 leaving KNGU.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42803&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42804&stc=1

Navy Chief
September 8th, 2016, 17:07
I unfortunately haven't had time to download/install this paint yet, as have relatives in town. But will, hopefully tomorrow :encouragement: NC

Seahawk72s
September 8th, 2016, 18:42
Gray Eagle

Here's three files. Unzip them and put them in your 6001 folder and over write . see if this fixes the paint.

Added new textures on 6001 and all looks good, thanks..