PDA

View Full Version : Adding an airplane

Dataman
September 7th, 2016, 05:36
Dear SOH Community,

My apologies in reaching out to you with what I hope might be a simple request.

I currently have CFS2 installed and the only modification I have is the "No CD" patch so that I might enjoy the game without using the installation disks.

I would like to add a P-47 Thunderbolt to my current airplane selection so that I might use it in 'Quick Combat'.

In an ideal world, I think it might be nice to have all of the CFS1 airplane folders properly set up (i.e. being able to fly a Hurricane / Spitfire / etc.) but the P-47 is my all-time love (Can't say this in front of the wife or I'll get in trouble) :beaten:

I do not mind following manual steps but if there happens to be a nifty install package somewhere that would be wonderful.

Thank you for whatever guidance you may be able to offer.

Sincerely,

Data / KC

glh
September 7th, 2016, 05:46
I believe you are looking for something like this - 4th item down the page:

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Utilities-88-1

There are also some other excellent utilities in this section.

Get the wife involved by putting her in an FW-190 and go head-to-head. Let her flame you a few times so she starts to enjoy it.

No Dice
September 7th, 2016, 05:56
You may want to try the

Quick Combat and the CFS1 to CFS2 Dp programs found here:
http://thefreeflightsite.com/Utilities2.htm

Plus a couple nice P47's here:
http://thefreeflightsite.com/Aircraft_CFS2_6.htm

Dave

Dataman
September 7th, 2016, 06:16
Thank you GLH! :adoration:

Based on the description, is it safe to assume I need to now find a P-47 folder / file?

CFS Quick Combat Editor (now v2.2.0)
Are you a fan of Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator series?
Unsure about how to add imported aircraft to the Quick Combat list?
This application allows you to add and remove aircraft with ease to any category within Microsoft CFS Quick Combat.
Even add new categories! No more manual editing of 'qc_plane.qcb'!"
Changes in this version: - Now supports multiple installs of CFS1 and/or CFS2 - Improved help - Incorporated XP style interface (when run under Windows XP) By Jaesen Jones 263KB

================================================== ================================================== ==================

Thank you No Dice! :adoration:

The "Quick Combat" should work in combination with the link for the P-47 files?

Also, the CFS1 - to -CFS2 program, if I do not have CFS1 any longer, I am guessing this will not work, correct?

I know that CFS2 installs the CFS1 airplane folders, but I believe they are empty.

glh
September 7th, 2016, 12:54
---------------------------
Thank you GLH! :adoration:

Based on the description, is it safe to assume I need to now find a P-47 folder / file?
---------------------------
I haven't used this program (or others) in a long, long time. Yes, I would expect that you would have to find the desired P-47s that you want, unzip the files and place them in the CFS2 Aircraft folder. Then I would expect that you run the program, find the P-47s and add to the QC list. You'll just have to try it. If this is not what you want, try No Dice web site.

Allen
September 7th, 2016, 16:30
What CFS1 to CFS2 program? This one? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?99706-CFS1-to-CFS2-conversion-work-by-Allen!

No you don't need CFS1 for the above one.

Dataman
September 8th, 2016, 04:52
Thanks again GLH and I will do so at home later today.

Thank you as well Allen for the ability to fly CFS1 Campaigns in CFS2 will be awesome! :applause:

bearcat241
September 8th, 2016, 06:21
Dataman, i can truly understand your love for the P-47. It ranks very high in my "top ten Allied" favorites as well.

Since you're in the mood for collecting Jugs, in addition to No Dice's suggestions, go to simviation.com and type Malinowski into the search box. The multiple, 10 part CFS2 P-47 packages by K. Malinowski and J. McDaniel begin to appear at the middle of page 5. Exclusive add-on weapons also included, like drop tanks and pylons used by the various marks. The Malinowski/McDaniel P47N-2-RE 507th FG 1945 in No Dice's website also happens to be one of the models included in the 10 part series you'll find at SimV.

When i set up my ETO install, i got rid of all the PTO stockers except the C47, B24, B25 and P38. I then borrowed the quick combat file from CFS1 (100% ETO) and used this as the basis for reformatting my QC lineups, replacing all CFS1 models with my favorite CFS2 versions. My first choice for replacing the stock CFS1 P47D was the KM/JM P-47D-28-RA. I also used A.C. Wai's P-51D as the Mustang replacement.

Below is a virgin copy of the CFS1 QC file you can use as a shortcut to getting started with your ETO setup. After downloading, remove the (.txt) extension so that it is only "qc_plane.qcb". Backup your original CFS2 qcb file in the QUICKCOM folder and replace it with this. You can set it to be read with any text editor. From there you find a replacement for every model in the qcb list and be sure to rename each model's folder to match the folder names in the qcb list. After doing this, you use CFS Quick Combat Editor to add additional models to the list.

Good hunting,

BC

Dataman
September 8th, 2016, 07:13
Thank you Bearcat so very much! :untroubled:

My first encounter with her was when I was 10 years old visiting the CAF in Harlingen TX back in 1974.

They had a static display painted in the colors of the 527th and I thought to myself "Now this is a Fighter Airplane".

I will download the files and carefully follow your instructions.

bearcat241
September 8th, 2016, 09:58
Well, my first encounter was a lot less than lifelike, but still profoundly alluring nonetheless. When i first saw this kit in a toy store somewhere around 10-12 years old, i knew i had to have it. I built and camo painted it and fell completely in love with all Jugs -- a truly awesome-looking fighter all around. It was one of my early attempts at camo painting model kits and i just couldn't take my eyes off it -- LOL. This one belonged to Col. Francis Gabreski, greatest P-47 ace of all and also a Korean war ace.

http://i.imgur.com/zF6yFYr.jpg

Dataman
September 8th, 2016, 10:17
Thank you for sharing and yes indeed a beautiful plane and a great Pilot!

A friend of mine at work had the privilege and the honor to break bread with the man at a get together and showed me the pictures to boot ..... I turned a few shades of green with envy and grilled him about all the details.