PDA

View Full Version : 1/72 Scale Figures

Wittpilot
February 6th, 2009, 14:29
Anybody collect and or used to play with 1/72 scale figures? Man did I have a lot, and I just picked up the boxes from my parents..... man am I gonna spend some time recollecting.... pics to come...:wave:
-witt

Snuffy
February 7th, 2009, 08:45
I use to have a load of the airfix 1/72nd figures.

When I say load ... I'm refering to about 3 maybe 4 shoe boxes full of figures. I collected mostly American Civil War figures.

Collin
February 7th, 2009, 23:26
I have to plead 'guilty M'lud'....

Had them all at one time or other including the "Waterloo" game set.

regards Collin:ernae:

Wittpilot
February 8th, 2009, 13:30
I know this isn't all of the ones I had... I noticed there were some Barbarians missing somewhere... Barbarians, I know... but I was like 14 and there was a half-naked chick-barbarian on the front of the box.....:wiggle:

-witt

The paratroopers I believe was the first box I ever got...

and the NATO airmen set was just awesome too...

planejunky
February 18th, 2009, 15:04
I have that bottom figure too, it looks like it's based on Col Robin Olds. The only trouble I found with some of the Airfix figures is that they're actually 1/76th, hence they all look like they're vertically challenged against anything 1/72nd!

Wittpilot
February 18th, 2009, 16:47
I have that bottom figure too, it looks like it's based on Col Robin Olds. The only trouble I found with some of the Airfix figures is that they're actually 1/76th, hence they all look like they're vertically challenged against anything 1/72nd!

I do believe it was... It was one of the reasons I got that set when I was a child... I had just met Mr. Olds at a lecture series ( I met a lot of famous fighter pilots before ever reaching the age of 10!!!) If I remember the box art on the cover had a painting of him in that pose....

wombat666
February 19th, 2009, 03:07
The only trouble I found with some of the Airfix figures is that they're actually 1/76th, hence they all look like they're vertically challenged against anything 1/72nd!

Yes indeed, 1:76th fitted in with their AFV and Railway kits.
The first genuine 1:72 equipment and figures came from Hasegawa in the early to mid 70s IIRC.
Tempus fugit ................. :kilroy: