PDA

View Full Version : Marine Fighting Squadron VMF-121 campaign!

Captain Kurt
September 3rd, 2016, 12:48
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/455014729351875997.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This campaign recreates VMF-121’s war time experience as close to the historical record as possible within CFS2 limitations. The 52 missions included are recreations of the actual missions VMF-121 flew.

VMF-121 flew 2 tours in F4F Wildcats at Guadalcanal, a third tour in F4U1 Corsairs at Banika, and a fourth and final tour a Peleliu. They were the highest scoring US Marine Squadron and scored more Wildcat victories than any other unit, Marine or Navy.

My objective was to keep the installation as simple as possible. In other words, to make a self contained, self installing campaign that did not require the player to spend hours and hours finding and installing add-on aircraft, scenery and effects. With the kind permission from many contributors to include their work in the auto-installation exe that was mostly achieved with only a few files that have to still be separately downloaded.

Because of the resulting file size the installation is broken into two parts. This is part 2.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Marine Fighting Squadron VMF-121 part 2.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21817&catid=44)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Captain Kurt
September 3rd, 2016, 12:48
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/379714729353375460.jpg

Description: This campaign recreates VMF-121’s war time experience as close to the historical record as possible within CFS2 limitations. The 52 missions included are recreations of the actual missions VMF-121 flew.

VMF-121 flew 2 tours in F4F Wildcats at Guadalcanal, a third tour in F4U1 Corsairs at Banika, and a fourth and final tour a Peleliu. They were the highest scoring US Marine Squadron and scored more Wildcat victories than any other unit, Marine or Navy.

My objective was to keep the installation as simple as possible. In other words, to make a self contained, self installing campaign that did not require the player to spend hours and hours finding and installing add-on aircraft, scenery and effects. With the kind permission from many contributors to include their work in the auto-installation exe that was mostly achieved with only a few files that have to still be separately downloaded.

Because of the resulting file size the installation is broken into two parts. This is part 1.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Marine Fighting Squadron VMF-121 part 1.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21818&catid=44)

Captain Kurt
September 3rd, 2016, 13:18
Finished, uploaded and awaiting approval.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42629&stc=1

This campaign recreates VMF-121’s war time experience as close to the historical record as possible within CFS2 limitations. The 52 missions included are recreations of the actual missions VMF-121 flew.

Because of the resulting file size the installation is broken into two parts.

miamieagle
September 3rd, 2016, 18:53
Cannot wait to fly in them. Thank you:applause:

Finn
September 4th, 2016, 05:28
Thanks a lot - not much for the Marines elswhere, so this is a MUCH welcome addition.

Finn

gius
September 4th, 2016, 09:59
Kurt,

Thanks for your marvellous addons!!!

Compliments for the skins also, they're beatiful and detailed.

Giuseppe

skylane
September 4th, 2016, 23:18
Thank you, Kurt!

I'll get it right away!

Rami
September 5th, 2016, 03:21
Kurt,

Many thanks for this, these missions really give Wildcat fans a lot to chew on, thank you!

Killer Svend
September 5th, 2016, 03:30
Thank you for this campaign,it is real good looking both textures and also planes, I installed it,but can'nt fly the campaign, it claim, can'nt find the ship
USS_Allen_DD-66.Any idea what to do?
Killer Svend:wavey:

UncleTgt
September 5th, 2016, 06:46
Marvellous, just marvellous CK...:medals::triumphant:

Captain Kurt
September 5th, 2016, 08:01
Thank you for this campaign,it is real good looking both textures and also planes, I installed it,but can'nt fly the campaign, it claim, can'nt find the ship
USS_Allen_DD-66.Any idea what to do?
Killer Svend:wavey:

That's odd. I rechecked the auto install and it's there so it should have installed.

Check your ships folder and see if it is missing entirely or if it is partly there.

It's Stuart277's CFS2_USS_Allen_Class_Destroyer and you can download it here at SOH if the file didn't load properly from the auto installer.

Rami
September 5th, 2016, 10:53
Captain Kurt,

I have a question for you...did you double-check to make sure there were "dummy.txt" files in all of the ship folders prior to using Clickteam? If not, I'd be willing to bet that the panel and sound folders were eliminated from the ship by the program, which is why Killer Svend's system is saying it can't find it.

UncleTgt
September 5th, 2016, 12:08
Captain Kurt,

I have a question for you...did you double-check to make sure there were "dummy.txt" files in all of the ship folders prior to using Clickteam? If not, I'd be willing to bet that the panel and sound folders were eliminated from the ship by the program, which is why Killer Svend's system is saying it can't find it.

And today's star prize goes to :eagerness:... Rami's got it. I just installed this & took a look through the ship folder. Attached is a list of affected ships & a zip with an "empty" panel & sound folder. Just copy these into each of the ships in the list & you'll be good to go.

Captain Kurt
September 5th, 2016, 17:57
I'll be darned, I didn't know that. :p87:

I'll have a fix on the way in a jiffy. Sorry about that.

Captain Kurt
September 5th, 2016, 18:43
I'll be darned, I didn't know that. :p87:

I'll have a fix on the way in a jiffy. Sorry about that.

I just uploaded a corrected auto installer. Rami would you please replace the original exe with the one just submitted?

Thank you

For those who have already installed, here is an auto install correction

Captain Kurt
September 6th, 2016, 02:10
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/320914731301624489.jpg

Because of the resulting file size the installation is broken into two parts. This is part 2.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Marine Fighting Squadron VMF-121 part 2 (fixed).zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21837&catid=44)

Killer Svend
September 6th, 2016, 02:52
I am in the air,flying,beautiful,thank you very much (something missing with the US Pilot, but it is not critical).
Killer Svend:applause: