PDA

View Full Version : So that you know...

Rami
September 3rd, 2016, 11:06
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that since my vacation, my physical health has deteriorated considerably. Although my left leg continues to improve and my skin ulcer is getting close to closed, I had a wound open up in two places on the top of right foot over the last couple of weeks. The pain level has increased to the point that I have to take acetaminophen every eight hours, I am having difficulty sleeping, and have lost interest in CFS2 temporarily because it takes all of my energy to get through the day, do my job, and be a dad.

Over the past ten days, the pain has gotten measurably worse, to the point that I walk with a pronounced limp. I thought yesterday that changing from a compression boot would decrease my pain level since it was not a pressure wound, but this provided only temporary relief. So today they took a series of X-Rays to determine if I have Osteomyelitis, or a bone infection. If I do, it will require a six-week hospitalization with IV antibiotics three times a day.

I do have the desire to work on CFS2 on days when I have time and I feel good, but those days have been few and far between since I returned. Hopefully, this will end soon, because I want to finish projects I've been working on with Kdriver, Robert John, UncleTgt, and Dombral.

Captain Kurt
September 3rd, 2016, 12:13
That sounds discouraging Andrew. Here's wishing you a quick and full recovery. Just said a prayer for you. Try to keep your chin up while you are on the mend.

gius
September 3rd, 2016, 13:08
My best prayers and wishes for you, my friend.

baldy
September 3rd, 2016, 14:32
Really sorry to hear this Andrew - hope things pan out right for you

Mike

Allen
September 3rd, 2016, 15:45
"Thanks" for the heads up. Take care of your self!

No Dice
September 3rd, 2016, 18:39
Hang in there dude, we all stand with and behind you.

Dave

miamieagle
September 3rd, 2016, 18:48
I will pray for you:jump:

MaskRider
September 3rd, 2016, 20:00
Wow, Andrew. That is really distressing news to hear. Yes. Take whatever time you need. It's very difficult to concentrate on anything else when all of your energy is being taken up dealing with pain and discomfort.

Here's hoping things take a turn for the better soon.

Regards,
Chris

Shessi
September 3rd, 2016, 23:12
Hi Andrew,

Really sorry to hear that. As said in the past, SOH is not important, your health and well being is paramount, so take care and get well soon.

Cheers,

Shessi

Robert John
September 4th, 2016, 03:16
Hi Rami,
I hope your pain starts decreasing very soon.

Robert John.

The B24 Guy
September 4th, 2016, 05:16
Hi Rami,

Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Regards,
B24Guy

Typhoon Willy
September 4th, 2016, 05:22
Rami,

Hope you will feel better soon.

TW

Finn
September 4th, 2016, 05:24
All the best, and good hopes from Denmark. Keep up your mood.
Finn

Devildog73
September 4th, 2016, 05:59
Thoughts and prayers to you, Brother.

Do what is necessary to take care of you and your family.

The_Editor
September 4th, 2016, 08:06
Best wishes to you. :wavey:

UncleTgt
September 4th, 2016, 08:58
Andrew,

Focus on your health & your family. we'll still be here when you're better. Take care.

kdriver
September 4th, 2016, 11:17
Get well soon Andrew. Don't worry about your projects. Robert John and I are pressing on slowly and steadily with our end of them.

Kevin

Worthless
September 4th, 2016, 16:05
Very distressing news Rami. Kelti and now you. This hits me where I live as I was about the same age as you when I first encounter serious health issues. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Keep the faith. It will sustain you.

SPman
September 4th, 2016, 16:33
Jeez Andrew, doesn't sound good. Pain can be severely debilitating, so, do what you have to do to recover your health....the SOH will still be here and health and family come first. Best of luck from West Australia.

CrisGer
September 4th, 2016, 17:44
Very sorry to hear this news. Please put yourself and your health first that is the most important thing. I will hope a good recovery comes.

Killer Svend
September 4th, 2016, 23:10
RAMI
Sorry to here,my best wishes for your soonest recovery.
Killer Svend:encouragement:

Rami
September 5th, 2016, 03:40
Good morning,

First....I appreciate all of the well wishes and support. :love_heart:

Second...the pain the last couple of days has decreased considerably. If it were a bone infection, I would likely be spiking high fevers without medication, which I am happy to say I am not. But I won't know for sure until the X-Ray results come back tomorrow when I go in to have my wound looked at. So hopefully this will actually close. When it does, I will be much more comfortable and ready to roar. :very_drunk:

beepee
September 5th, 2016, 03:47
Take care of yourself and get well soon

Beepee

skylane
September 5th, 2016, 13:49
Rami,

I hope this is not too serious and you will recover soon!

Best Wishes!

Wolfgang

bub
September 5th, 2016, 14:19
Andrew,

Sorry to hear about your condition. Here's hoping and praying for a full and speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and listen to the doctors.

Take care,

Bob

Rami
September 6th, 2016, 12:28
Good afternoon,

Some great news! I do not have a bone infection in my foot; that saves me from a whirlwind of other issues to deal with. :applause:

No Dice
September 6th, 2016, 12:31
Great News Rami,
Hang in there dude.

Dave

Allen
September 6th, 2016, 12:37
That is good news! and now you will will be reading the rest of the day with Professor Farnsworth voice in your head.

gius
September 6th, 2016, 12:54
Great news Andrew!!! i'm happy of hear this...
Giuseppe

Robert John
September 6th, 2016, 23:51
Great News,

RJ

Captain Kurt
September 7th, 2016, 02:30
:encouragement::very_drunk:

Gonzo27
September 9th, 2016, 18:30
Hope you have continued improving Rami.

Rami
September 10th, 2016, 03:17
Gonzo27,

Since you asked, yes, I actually have. I finished taking the antibiotic on Monday, and the infection has not returned. I am in far less pain, although still not pain-free. My stamina on my feet is better, and I am walking more normally. The wound is definitely healing on my right foot, and on my left foot, the open uncle's diameter is only a quarter of what it was in late April, and continues to improve.

I still face eventual surgery, but I am doing a lot better now. I appreciate all the support and understanding from everyone. :redfire:

Killer Svend
September 10th, 2016, 03:54
Rami,

I wish you good speed with your hopefully,soonest, total recovery. We need you back at full throttle, but take care, one's health is not to be joked with. I speak from experience. :encouragement:

Killer Svend

bub
September 11th, 2016, 05:33
Rami,

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Here's hoping it's a smooth ride.

Cheers,

Bob

Rami
September 22nd, 2016, 13:20
Hey guys,

Here was today's grand adventure.

https://youtu.be/PAV3dPcEtGw

They said it would be "painless." :p87: :violent-smiley-031:
Plus, my right foot may be infected again, and now they're talking about doing a culture and biopsy of my right foot. :censored: :a1451:

Shessi
September 23rd, 2016, 06:33
OOOOoooohhhh!, that must smart somewhat!, I hope your probs aren't as bad as that.

BTW, just confirm re-about your ISP and emails, so that it's not a phishing scam etc?

Cheers

Shessi

Rami
September 23rd, 2016, 07:41
OOOOoooohhhh!, that must smart somewhat!, I hope your probs aren't as bad as that.

BTW, just confirm re-about your ISP and emails, so that it's not a phishing scam etc?

Mark,

Nope, no phishing. I sent out that email just for the halibut. :costumed-smiley-034 (It is true though, my ISP did change my email interface and I lost about sixty percent of my contacts! So I'm reloading my address book)

Shessi
September 23rd, 2016, 12:56
Good stuff Andrew,

Best of luck with the on-going medi bits.

stuart277
September 24th, 2016, 12:53
Hi Andrew,

I wish you all the best for speedy and successful recovery.

Cheers,

Stuart

Rami
September 24th, 2016, 13:22
Hi Andrew,

I wish you all the best for speedy and successful recovery.

Cheers,

Stuart

Hey Stuart! I didn't you'd be back from Crocodile Dundee world for a while yet!

bub
September 24th, 2016, 14:50
A little speed bump in the road. Hoping it all smoothes out again.
Bob