PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Profiles for FireFighter X

malibu43
September 1st, 2016, 09:21
Finally bought this and played with it for a few minutes last night. Very easy to use and adds a whole new level of "flying with a purpose" to FSX/P3D! I had a fire spawn in a very tricky canyon which made for some challenging passes in a P-3A...

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to post Aircraft profiles in for various tankers. However, I'm going to start with questions rather than answers.

P-3A - Can anyone recommend an accurate Tank Qty (gallons), Drop Qty (gallons per drop), and Drop Time (seconds)? I saw online a total tank capacity of 3000 gal, but I'm not sure if multiple drops were typically made with one full tank, and what the gallons/sec would be for each drop.

S-2 - I believe the tank capacity is 1200 gallons, and I believe they can make 4 separate drops. Any idea on the rate?

tankerguy72
September 1st, 2016, 11:02
The P3 and S2T have a constant flow tanks so actually they can drop however much they'd like at a time. The main thing they adjust for is coverage level.

P3s could carry 3000 but I think they flew with 2750 gal. S2Ts are at 1200 gallons. You might want to check out some videos on YouTube and time some drops. But they can very because if you did a low coverage level drop it'd last a bit longer than full coverage.

That add on is the best add on for flight sim in my opinion. I fly it almost everyday.