PDA

View Full Version : New fsx soaring club cvvvaq ``the place for soaring under fs

woodylepic
September 1st, 2016, 07:36
...Hello there...I have the pleasure of announced to you the creation of a new Virtual soaring website exclusively for FSX platform...The Virtual Club Of Amator Soaring of Quebec CVVVAQ.... is a clubs that the purpose of which is the principal goal is to practice soaring activity in to FSX platform witch the Vatsim networks in North America During the digs winter period... There will be Organised each week end 2 flights (one of ``vintage`` and one of competition)...The principle is very simple, you install the tools necessary for virtual soaring in FSX and charge the flights of the week end from the Web site, And the weekend has the hour posted on the scheduled start wall on main CVVVAQ web page you launch you FSX and charge the flights and that it ! . .. your are at the start line ready to go !...Also witch the CVVVAQ forum You can organise your proper Soaring sessions or competition during the week and invite your friend to jouint... For more information visit my Web site has this address.http://cvvvaq.neocities.org/cvvvaq.htm Com register you on the CVVVAQ forum.... please note: ....That the website is not totally bilingual for now... (but I plan to made a full English version soon so stay tuned)... Good flight and enjoys.

xpelekis
September 2nd, 2016, 09:29
Hi,
that's a great idea and I don't know if something similar existed in FSX
before... Wish you good luck, though audience of soaring I think is
relatively small compared with other forms of aviation in FSX.

Being a paraglider pilot myself for over 10 years, I consider soaring
(free flight without an engine - hangliders, paragliders, sailplanes) the
most pure form of flight and one of the most challenging at the same time...

Mastering soaring may take years, involving knowledge of understanding the
flying conditions of each day (meteorology) as also knowledge of flying in these
conditions "squizing" the most out of it for your flight, as also of piloting your
flying machine effectively at her best performance for the given conditions.
When it comes to competitions, is easy enough for anyone to understand the
accomplishment of flying a certain task of tenths of miles (route on a map) in the
sorter time (compared with the other pilots = race ranking) without "bombing out"
prematurely...

Anyway, checking your site and following the "tools" link, I checked the
CumulusX program.
Reading the pdf, seems it has evolved a lot, simulating many aspects of soaring
flying compared to native FSX thermal only simulation. I'll give it a go to test how
it performs under my Win7.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Opportunity given, one of my most memorable flights due to the beauty of landscape,
at Lefkada island, Greece with my favourite ride :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ADnLPFcSVs