PDA

View Full Version : WIP_Eastern Slopes Regional

falcon409
August 31st, 2016, 18:28
Just a few shots, still working out some kinks.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Easter_Slopes_WIP-2016-sep-1-001.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Easter_Slopes_WIP-2016-sep-1-002.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Easter_Slopes_WIP-2016-sep-1-003.jpg

Been using Anthony's Winjeel to fly in and around the airport for recon purposes.

ryanbatc
August 31st, 2016, 18:58
Man your scenery gets better and better - payware quality!

manfredc3
August 31st, 2016, 19:00
Yahoo! another great destination in the making

davido53
August 31st, 2016, 19:14
:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

oldmsgt
August 31st, 2016, 19:19
Another great Maine airport to enjoy! Wouldn't be interested in doing my little hometown airport, Wiscasset (KIWI), by any chance would you? Many thanks for your great work on these small Maine airports, much appreciated!
:ernaehrung004:
The Old Master Sergeant

Flyboy208
August 31st, 2016, 19:31
Well done Ed! Been watching your scenery designs over the years, you are quite the craftsman Sir ! Mike :applause:

Sundog
August 31st, 2016, 19:55
You're spoiling us. Thanks, we like being spoiled. :)

Milton Shupe
August 31st, 2016, 20:34
That looks awesome Ed! Superior work, again. :applause:

scotth6
September 1st, 2016, 01:01
Yeah great work Ed, good to see another airfield in Maine. You Sir, are on a roll.

Cheers,

gaab
September 1st, 2016, 01:40
Wow, the Maine collection is becoming larger and larger.

Thanks to invite me to discover this state.

Cheers,

Gérard

https://s9.postimg.org/3pp3x1y9r/2016_9_1_0_29_16_473.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/p0mo1bge7/2016_9_1_0_29_8_463.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/9t6ogyojj/2016_8_31_0_24_1_999.jpg

sidler
September 1st, 2016, 02:13
AWESOME!!!

The Older Master Sargent :very_drunk:

Bushpounder
September 1st, 2016, 02:32
VERY nice, Ed!!!

Don

Roger
September 1st, 2016, 04:13
Thanks Ed! I'll be downloading tonight:applause:

expat
September 1st, 2016, 04:49
Really enjoying being in the "State of Maine" and your growing number of excellent airport destinations.

txnetcop
September 1st, 2016, 05:29
:jump::jump::jump: Everything has been said so....
Ted

Crusader
September 1st, 2016, 06:35
Ed , one of the things you've done as someone else mentioned in a thread , was to actually reacquaint me in my case and to discover what a beautiful state Maine is . I was there with my Dad way back in 1971 and we drove from Ohio to Connecticut to pick up his brother and we drove to Eagle Lake way up in the northern part of Maine to fish . I believe it was in the later part of May and remember it was still cold . I will never forget the the beautiful scenery and landscape in this state . I do have a quick question , did you originally start making Maine scenery as a request for someone or do you have some ties there ?

Excellent job , you are quite a skilled scenery maker . Thanks again ,

Rich

falcon409
September 2nd, 2016, 17:24
Final shot before uploading (probably tomorrow).

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Winter-2016-sep-3-003.jpg

Now complete with Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter, Hard winter textures and a Night map.

stovall
September 2nd, 2016, 17:37
Great scenery Ed. I have my finger ready for the download key.

lownslo
September 2nd, 2016, 21:42
This looks amazing... can't wait to download it!

Thanks for your efforts,

Greg

b24_witchcraft
September 4th, 2016, 17:23
Nice work Ed. :applause::applause:

One question though where does the CVX_PROJECT_excAGN.bgl file that's not in either folder go??

falcon409
September 4th, 2016, 17:53
Nice work Ed. :applause::applause:

One question though where does the CVX_PROJECT_excAGN.bgl file that's not in either folder go??
ooops, you can delete it. It was a test exclude for my beta tester.

napacon
September 4th, 2016, 18:49
Thank You ...nice Job.....Looks good in Fall colors......

Terry
September 5th, 2016, 06:21
Seems to be overrun with trees at the South end. Was that file in the root directory meant to exclude the trees?

falcon409
September 5th, 2016, 07:08
Seems to be overrun with trees at the South end. Was that file in the root directory meant to exclude the trees?
Terry, that's a problem that Bill (WND) ran into also. He runs stock FSX default and showed trees where there should be none and no trees where there should be trees. The exclude was a test poly, but it had no affect on those trees. Bill also tried excludes with no positive results. I've had an ongoing conversation with FSDevelopers and according to those who respond, they see no reason why this should occur based on the way the trees were placed (FSX SDK Annotator. . .hand placed individual trees). I'm afraid I have no solution as the true fact is, there are no trees placed where those are appearing.

WND
September 5th, 2016, 08:17

Good morning Terry and ALL those that have this same issue !!

Attached you will find a 'zip file' that has 4 files inside of it that appears to correct this issue !! This 'fix' is for ONLY those that have this problem, for those that do not I would recommend not using this update !!

After 'unzipping' the 'zip file', take the 4 "agn" files and place them in your 'texture' folder of KIZG - overwriting the ones that are there..

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend..

Bill

EDIT: If by chance the 4 new "agn" files are different than the ones you currently have in your 'texture' folder, then replace the one's you have with the new ones !! Again, this fix is ONLY for those who are currently having this same issue (as posted above)..

Terry
September 5th, 2016, 08:50
The trees moved a bit but still there, and the runway is now messed up. I have never seen this before going back to Pro Logic days!

falcon409
September 5th, 2016, 09:24
The trees moved a bit but still there, and the runway is now messed up. I have never seen this before going back to Pro Logic days!
Terry, as an additional explanation. . .the agn files Bill posted remove only the trees around the last long T-Hangar. They don't affect the trees in the road or the trees behind the other T-Hangar and small hangar. He concentrated on that one T-Hangar because it had trees coming up through the hangar as well as encroaching on the back side of the hangar. As far as the runway. Normally that is caused by lack of a flatten being present where the terrain is not perfectly flat (which it rarely is). This scenery has a flatten that extends around the entire perimeter of the airport and should eliminate what you're seeing.

Terry
September 5th, 2016, 09:39
Terry, as an additional explanation. . .the agn files Bill posted remove only the trees around the last long T-Hangar. They don't affect the trees in the road or the trees behind the other T-Hangar and small hangar. He concentrated on that one T-Hangar because it had trees coming up through the hangar as well as encroaching on the back side of the hangar. As far as the runway. Normally that is caused by lack of a flatten being present where the terrain is not perfectly flat (which it rarely is). This scenery has a flatten that extends around the entire perimeter of the airport and should eliminate what you're seeing.

The runway was fine to begin with, the bare spot appeared after changing the 4 .agn files. I can add a flatten area to the runway.

falcon409
September 5th, 2016, 10:03
The runway was fine to begin with, the bare spot appeared after changing the 4 .agn files. I can add a flatten area to the runway.

lol, this is why I usually don't release anything. If I was a developer this would make me nuts, lol. Trees showing where there absolutely are none placed, a runway that goes south after replacing AGN files (which have nothing to do with anything except the trees), lol, and a flatten, that apparently has decided not to flatten anything. Just amazing.

Terry
September 5th, 2016, 10:57
lol, this is why I usually don't release anything. If I was a developer this would make me nuts, lol. Trees showing where there absolutely are none placed, a runway that goes south after replacing AGN files (which have nothing to do with anything except the trees), lol, and a flatten, that apparently has decided not to flatten anything. Just amazing.

Self abuse has always been part of the sim! :banghead: :ernaehrung004:

gaab
September 6th, 2016, 06:17
No problem here - using the "genuine" Eastern Slopes download.

I enjoy flying around these airfields :applause:.

Thanks - Gérard

Terry
September 6th, 2016, 13:08
Working okay now. Deleted ____300an.agn, added some trees and a flatten poly over the runway.

Thanks for the help and the scenery.

WND
September 7th, 2016, 02:11
Good morning everyone !!

Spent most of the day yesterday 'reworking' the tree area around the 't-hangars' and along the 'access road' to the airport whereby my chain saw finally wore out !!

For all of you who have an 'over abundance' of trees in that particular area that shows up in the 'original' release of this fine airport, attached you'll find a 'zip' file with 4 new "agn" files inside !! They go in the 'texture' folder of the KIZG (Fryeburg Maine) airport and replace the one's that are there..

As Ed (Falcon409) has previously indicated, this issue does not occur for everyone so this 'fix' is only for those that it does occur with !!

Hope you enjoy this airport and Ed's fine work !!

Bill

YoYo
September 8th, 2016, 12:23
Thank You Falcon! No any problems in P3Dv3.

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/SibWingsP_aheerxa.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/SibWingsP_aheernp.jpg

Alky
September 8th, 2016, 12:36
Another piece of awesome scenery! I don't fly on the east coast so I'll not download it, but excellent stuff for sure. :)