PDA

View Full Version : X-Plane 10.5 is here

txnetcop
August 27th, 2016, 10:12
This is what is in it!

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/106897-x-plane-version-1050-what-is-new/

Enjoy,
Ted

DennyA
September 29th, 2016, 17:08
Not many X-Plane fans around here, eh?

I dug out my key disk (so 1995!) so that I could check out the 10.5 release.

Lots of nice improvements, and the roads and autogen density felt very real.

But man, the scenery just looked like crap, particularly after flying Aerofly FS 2. I realize they're two very different sims in scope, but X-Plane would benefit dramatically from better textures that don't look so cartoony. Honestly, they feel like they were designed for 3Dfx cards.

Anyone know of any good texture-replacement packages for 10.5?

Meanwhile, it felt good in the air, but ground handling, as is the X-Plane tradition, was really wonky. And I wonder what the NASA Shuttle Carrier 747 was doing taxiing around Seatac? :) (Not to mention to herd of deer and the balloon hovering over the runway at Boeing Field...)

txnetcop
September 30th, 2016, 04:32
Not many X-Plane fans around here, eh?

I dug out my key disk (so 1995!) so that I could check out the 10.5 release.

Lots of nice improvements, and the roads and autogen density felt very real.

But man, the scenery just looked like crap, particularly after flying Aerofly FS 2. I realize they're two very different sims in scope, but X-Plane would benefit dramatically from better textures that don't look so cartoony. Honestly, they feel like they were designed for 3Dfx cards.

Anyone know of any good texture-replacement packages for 10.5?

Meanwhile, it felt good in the air, but ground handling, as is the X-Plane tradition, was really wonky. And I wonder what the NASA Shuttle Carrier 747 was doing taxiing around Seatac? :) (Not to mention to herd of deer and the balloon hovering over the runway at Boeing Field...)

Denny they are slow in coming but they are coming by third party. Don't know the cost yet. I spend most of my time flying in the cockpit and working with the incredible instrumentation but I too love great scenery. It really adds to the realism. X-Plane has always sucked in that area!
Ted