PDA

View Full Version : PS lasso auto complete

Ron Attwood
August 24th, 2016, 12:12
If you don't know what that is the the Good Lord's been kind to you. It's when you painstakingly click your way round a tricky, or even not so tricky, selection with the lasso tool and BANG! The selection is completed without so much as a 'by your leave'.
I searched the Adobe forums and the internet in general and couldn't find an answer. Although there were loads of folk with the same problem.

Since my wife was singularly unimpressed by the results of my diligence I have to tell somebody!

I bought a new mouse!

I reckon eighteen years out of a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 is not too dusty. I finally said 'enough already!'

I can now select to within a pixel with no fear. :biggrin-new:

Tako_Kichi
August 24th, 2016, 13:55
I've had similar problems over the years with that auto-complete issue. I narrowed it down to having multiple programs open at the same time and one of the background programs caused the selection tool to auto-complete whenever it did a refresh or some other function. I suspect it was my modelling program(s) but I was never able to get a definitive answer.

I try to only have PS open on it's own now which seems to cut down the issue but then again I bet it's almost a year since I last had PS open! :pop4::dizzy:

Lane Street
August 24th, 2016, 16:28
Hopefully I am not overstating the obvious by pointing out that you can always add to, or subtract from, a selection.

Not that replacing a bad mouse is a bad thing.

cheers,
Lane

Ron Attwood
August 25th, 2016, 04:44
Hopefully I am not overstating the obvious by pointing out that you can always add to, or subtract from, a selection.

Not that replacing a bad mouse is a bad thing.

cheers,
Lane

You are a bit. Adding or subtracting from a selection is all very well if you've made a mistake or change your mind. But to have the selection complete itself before you've finished every time gets a bit wearing. Your solution is one that I've seen several times in various places and they only convinced me that the 'suggesters' didn't have a full grasp of the problem.