PDA

View Full Version : LDR Turbine Mallard

aspen31
August 24th, 2016, 02:33
Hi all
I have been flying the G-73 turbine Mallard in Prepar3d for several months and it functions well for me with the expected VC issues. Lately I started to operate it at night and found that the instrument lighting makes them nearly unreadable - each gauge seems saturated in white light to the extent that nothing is readable. I have attempted to adjust all the program light setting but they make no difference. I'm wondering if anyone may have experienced something similar and if so a fix has been found.
Thanks
Warren

Firekitten
August 24th, 2016, 03:35
That is not the LDR Mallard, you're using the Milton and Friends FS9 port over model... hence expected issues.

Changes in gauge lighting might suggest a corrupted file, so try a reinstall of the aircraft and it might fix it. if not, try adjusting the HDR bloom in P3d :)

aspen31
August 24th, 2016, 03:51
Thanks
I guess I'm paying more attention to flying than keeping track of who built what.
Warren

aspen31
August 24th, 2016, 05:49
The issue of "over bloom" for the turbine Mallard in Prepar3d seems related to the "landing lights illuminate ground" option in Prepar3D settings. With it turned off the over bloom goes away but so does all the instrument lighting - not sure why and I have not found a fix - perhaps day flight only will be my best option.
Warren