PDA

View Full Version : MS.760 Paris Jet Questions and A Repaint

foolinjection
August 20th, 2016, 23:23
Hi folks,

I've recently just gotten back into Flight Simming again and have been really enjoying scooting about in Tim Conrad's Morane Saulnier MS760 Paris Jet.

I've got a couple of questions though. Firstly, how do you manually start this bird?
I've tried turning on the electrics, then fuel pumps and then flicking the starters but the engines never seem to kick in. They sound like they are spooling up but never ignite. I think I'm missing something but I don't know what.

Second quick question is regarding the attitude indicator. On this post http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?23196-Ms-760-Paris-Jet&p=267722&viewfull=1#post267722 there are instructions to add a different attitude indicator to the cockpit, following those instructions though it looks nothing like that. I've had the same issue as this chap on the forums here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?23196-Ms-760-Paris-Jet&p=269515&viewfull=1#post269515. It looks nothing like the first post. What am I doing wrong?

Lastly, I tried my hand at giving the MS760 a new paint scheme. I've attached a screenshot of it to the post. It's probably not 100% accurate but I think it matches the real scheme enough that it's passable. How would I go about uploading this for others to use?

hschuit
August 21st, 2016, 00:18
I do not have that model but it sounds like the starter does not switch the fuel mixture to rich. You can switch mixture to rich with the keyboard, the default key combo is [Shift Ctrl F4].

scotth6
August 21st, 2016, 00:48
Nice paint.

You can upload from the "Warbirds Library" main page or even from the "Home" page.

In the middle/top of the Home page there is a window for the Warbirds Library and a couple of options to "Upload Add-Ons". Justclickon one of these links and then fill out the form and upload the file. You will be required to compress it in to a zip file before uploading.

I also agree with hschuit. I do have that model and used to fly it all the time, although I never tried to manually start it. Before you even try to start it do as hschuit suggests with the fuel mixture.

Cheers,

gaab
August 21st, 2016, 09:15
Hi folks,
I've got a couple of questions though. Firstly, how do you manually start this bird?
I've tried turning on the electrics, then fuel pumps and then flicking the starters but the engines never seem to kick in. They sound like they are spooling up but never ignite. I think I'm missing something but I don't know what.

After closing the motors with the fuel cutoff (to go dark and cold), I start almost as you describe it - fuel mixture full, with power remaining at 1%, one motor after each other.
1 - fuel cut off open (close the red protector)
2 - boost pump on
3 - start on, wait about 30s until EGT and RPM rise and stabilize (3.5 and 10.5)
4 - start off, boost pump off, until take off (as usual)

The sounds are very low, may be it is why you get the impression it is not started ?

Second quick question is regarding the attitude indicator. It looks nothing like the first post. What am I doing wrong?

Same here. I "borrowed" the ADI of the Grumman Trader (G7_C1AX) - it looks like the one described.

Waiting for your upload ;)

Gérard
s

foolinjection
August 21st, 2016, 10:26
I do not have that model but it sounds like the starter does not switch the fuel mixture to rich. You can switch mixture to rich with the keyboard, the default key combo is [Shift Ctrl F4].
D'Oh! Yup, that's exactly what has happened. I usually have my joystick plugged in, but when I've been working on the paint scheme I was just using the keyboard. Totally forgot about the fuel mixture. I get 0 out of 10 for observation.

I've uploaded the file to the Warbirds Library. Happy flying. =)

ryanbatc
August 21st, 2016, 10:45
I used to fly that jet all the time! Sweet paint too!

Christoph_T
August 21st, 2016, 10:46
Wow,

nice paint. I'll download this one for sure:applause: