PDA

View Full Version : JF Socata TB-10 and TB-20 released

YoYo
August 19th, 2016, 07:26
From just recived newsletter (Just Flight):

http://justflight.com/product/tb10-tobago-and-tb20-trinidad

the "old" (from 2009) topic: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?92200-Socata-TB-10-and-TB-20 .

http://dxhb0it26is40.cloudfront.net/productimages/tb10-tobago-and-tb20-trinidad_67_ss_l_160811121845.jpg

Martyn
August 20th, 2016, 01:26
Hopefully it was worth the wait!

A few people have been asking for GTN 750 integration so we are looking into adding that.

YoYo
August 20th, 2016, 01:39

A few people have been asking for GTN 750 integration so we are looking into adding that.

+1 wow! Very good news!

alehead
August 20th, 2016, 02:08

I too would be interested in the GTN750, as I do not have the 650 and the default just doesn't cut it when you have tasted the cream...

Andrew Entwistle

Cees Donker
August 20th, 2016, 08:34
I hope there will be some dutch repaints in the future!

http://www.dutchplanespotters.nl/main/modules.php?name=albumv2&file=netview&id=12543&ac=Socata+TB-20+Trinidad&al=&lo=&rg=&pe=&zoek=&idx=6&size=L

http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8312976

:encouragement:

Cees

zigarten
August 20th, 2016, 10:37
No idea what I'm doing wrong but I just cannot make the thing start. I've tried everything I can think of, including loading up a default 172, starting it, then switching over. Just dies....:upset:

Cees Donker
August 20th, 2016, 13:27
zigarten, there is an option in the addons section for a ready to fly set up. Doesn't that work for you?

Cees

RobM
August 20th, 2016, 15:06
No idea what I'm doing wrong but I just cannot make the thing start. I've tried everything I can think of, including loading up a default 172, starting it, then switching over. Just dies....:upset:

The TB20 Trinidad works just fine, loads engine started, ready to fly, and is easy to start from cold and dark. I did it
a number of times, and I'm no expert.

But at least for my install, the TB10 Tobago seems truly borked. When I select the TB10, it loads started like the
TB20. But as soon as the green "Panel initializing" bar appears overhead, the TB10 engine stops, and nothing I can
do will make it start. Worse still, if I then try to select the TB20 again either now or later, the same symptoms have
now infected it, and I can no longer start that plane, even though a few minutes ago before I loaded the TB10, I was
happily starting the TB20 from cold and dark.
<sigh>
The only way I found to to fix the TB20 Trinidad was to uninstall (use your Windows Uninstall a Program function),
reinstall, and don't touch the TB10 Tobago, fly the TB20 Trinidad only. I've found no way to fix the Tobago.

I think I kind of see why this may be happening, but I'm not certain. When I looked in the TB10 Tobago's Panel folder,
it's aliased back to the TB20 Trinidad's Panel folder. So maybe something's going wrong with the aliasing back to the
Trinidad, at least on my install.

I did uninstall, reinstall, and re-downloaded twice before I figured this out.

Sorry for the long somewhat ranting post, but it was all very frustrating. Mind you, the TB20 Trinidad is a really nice little
plane, very good looking inside and out, and a pleasure to fly. So hopefully in due course I can figure out how to fix the
Tobago, or there will be a patch.

Thanks - Rob</sigh>

Cees Donker
August 20th, 2016, 21:41
The TB20 Trinidad works just fine, loads engine started, ready to fly, and is easy to start from cold and dark. I did it
a number of times, and I'm no expert.

But at least for my install, the TB10 Tobago seems truly borked. When I select the TB10, it loads started like the
TB20. But as soon as the green "Panel initializing" bar appears overhead, the TB10 engine stops, and nothing I can
do will make it start. Worse still, if I then try to select the TB20 again either now or later, the same symptoms have
now infected it, and I can no longer start that plane, even though a few minutes ago before I loaded the TB10, I was
happily starting the TB20 from cold and dark.
<sigh abp="1145">
The only way I found to to fix the TB20 Trinidad was to uninstall (use your Windows Uninstall a Program function),
reinstall, and don't touch the TB10 Tobago, fly the TB20 Trinidad only. I've found no way to fix the Tobago.

I think I kind of see why this may be happening, but I'm not certain. When I looked in the TB10 Tobago's Panel folder,
it's aliased back to the TB20 Trinidad's Panel folder. So maybe something's going wrong with the aliasing back to the
Trinidad, at least on my install.

I did uninstall, reinstall, and re-downloaded twice before I figured this out.

Sorry for the long somewhat ranting post, but it was all very frustrating. Mind you, the TB20 Trinidad is a really nice little
plane, very good looking inside and out, and a pleasure to fly. So hopefully in due course I can figure out how to fix the
Tobago, or there will be a patch.

Thanks - Rob</sigh>

Seems I have the same troubles with the Tobago.....

:dizzy:

Cees

Anneke
August 21st, 2016, 00:21
My TB10/TB20 aren't even visible ingame. Did several reinstalls/redownload but when it initializes only the pilot figure becomes visible. Support ticket send. ...:banghead:

alehead
August 21st, 2016, 00:50
When I first tried starting it up last night, it only worked when I realised that the fuel selector was switched to either the left or right tank. Perhaps the aircraft initialization switches the fuel tank selector to "off".

A

Andrew Entwistle

Martyn
August 21st, 2016, 01:11
Rob/Cees - Have you altered your default flight at all? I can't think why the aircraft initialisation wouldn't work correctly as that never occurred during our long testing process and the initialisation code is identical for the TB10 and TB20. We'll investigate it ASAP.

Martyn
August 21st, 2016, 01:17
My TB10/TB20 aren't even visible ingame. Did several reinstalls/redownload but when it initializes only the pilot figure becomes visible. Support ticket send. ...:banghead:

Does a 'protection failure' message appear at the top of the screen? If so, our support team will help you out ASAP.

Martyn
August 21st, 2016, 01:21

Have you tried the 'Ready for takeoff' option as suggested by Cees and looked at this FAQ? http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/0705dce

If you have and still can't get the engine started, please contact our support team.

Martyn
August 21st, 2016, 01:56
When I first tried starting it up last night, it only worked when I realised that the fuel selector was switched to either the left or right tank. Perhaps the aircraft initialization switches the fuel tank selector to "off".

A

Andrew Entwistle

The aircraft initialisation on aircraft load sets the tank selector to the fullest tank. It shouldn't be setting it to the off position unless the cold and dark option is selected. I'll look into what could cause that.

Anneke
August 21st, 2016, 04:14
In my case of the AC not being visible ingame:

I've come to think of it..

"Accidently" I reinstalled an A2A aircraft and noticed that all was broke and could not be repaired. A quick glance in the A2A FAQ learned that:

P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2/3 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib (replacing 2 with 3 if using P3DV3).

So I reinstalled the required simconnect files, and lo and behold the A2A aircraft, worked, and the JF TB10/TB20 works....so it might has to do something with simconnect(?)

Martyn
August 21st, 2016, 04:28
The product uses SimConnect heavily so that makes sense. Thanks for letting us know.

Can anyone encountering issues with the aircraft in FSX:SE or P3D please install the legacy SimConnect (http://www.justflight.com/support/flight-simulator-x-steam-edition/384bffb)

Martyn
August 21st, 2016, 06:28
We've updated the installer so it will now install the legacy SimConnect module if required. You can download the latest version of the installer from your Just Flight account.

Cees Donker
August 21st, 2016, 06:54
That's very prompt service Martyn! Chapeau!

:cheerful:

Cees

RobM
August 21st, 2016, 09:43
Thanks for the quick reply Martyn. I downloaded and installed the new version, but sorry, still no fix for the
TB10 Tobago, and still the same problem as described above: the TB20 Trinidad works just fine as long as I
don't select the Tobago. But when I select the TB10 Tobago, it loads running, but when the panel intializes,
the engine stops and cannot be restarted. And worse, the TB20 Trinidad, formerly working ok, now has the
exact same symptoms and it's engine can no longer be started. As mentioned, the only solution is to
uninstall/reinstall, and select only the Trinidad.

I should mention, I'm running box FSX+Accpack with DX9. I also have Tacpack active, lots of planes and
scenery, but otherwise a fairly vanilla install. I also just installed the latest Nvidia drivers version 372.54 if
that makes any difference. And I`m still on Win 7 64 bit.

Has anyone been able to get the Tobago started and into the air? I keep wondering if it's just something on
my install only.

It's a puzzle why the Trinidad and it's panel initialization work ok, but the Tobago panel initialization doesn't,
and effects the Trinidad's panel initialization thereafter, when the Tobago's Panel Folder is simply aliasing the
Trinidad's Panel Folder (which I assume contains the panel initialization process).

Thanks - Rob

Martyn
August 21st, 2016, 10:02
Hi Rob. Other people are using the TB10 without any issues and we've not had further reports of the issue that you are encountering. Our support team will look into the issue for you and get in touch.

RobM
August 21st, 2016, 11:55
Hi Rob. Other people are using the TB10 without any issues and we've not had further reports of the issue that you are encountering. Our support team will look into the issue for you and get in touch.

Thanks Martyn. If it's just my install, and no obvious answers, then I will put in a support ticket. The Trinidad is such a nice
add-on, I want to get the Tobago up and running too.

Thanks again- Rob

RobM
August 21st, 2016, 20:11
FYI, solution for engine quitting on loading when switching between TB10 and TB20 found on JF Forums.

Thanks - Rob

Martyn
August 22nd, 2016, 07:32
An update is now available - http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be

Engine start issues - fixed
Improvements to tow bar system
HSI and autopilot modified to improve functionality when the GPS is being used for navigation
Stormscope 2D panel improved - gauge bezel and controls added
Vapour lock - outside air temperature now affects likelihood of vapour lock occuring
'Recharge battery' option added to refill menu
Engine management is now disabled by default and can be enabled using the add-on menu (More Info (http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f10501d))
Legacy SimConnect module included for FSX:SE and Prepar3D users

Dimus
August 25th, 2016, 12:45
This beauty came out the day I was leaving on vacation. I managed just to make the purchase but did not download. Now that I'm back I installed this latest version. I am more than happy as it looks behaves great. Kudos to the developers and all that helped to make this duo. This is a plane I know I will enjoy much.

Martyn
August 27th, 2016, 00:14
Glad you're enjoying it!

An update should be available within the next few days which increases the realism of the FDE, improves the autopilot and GTN compatibility, and adds some new and improved functionality.

YoYo
August 27th, 2016, 10:50
Glad you're enjoying it!

An update should be available within the next few days which increases the realism of the FDE, improves the autopilot and GTN compatibility, and adds some new and improved functionality.

Hello Martyn,
Do You talk about GTN 750 patch :) ? :wavey:

Martyn
August 28th, 2016, 02:55
Our modeller/texture-artist has only just returned from his holiday so the GTN 750 (and hopefully dimmable lighting) would be available in a separate update.

Maury2008
September 5th, 2016, 02:09
Glad you're enjoying it!

what happened to this update?

Martyn
September 5th, 2016, 02:19
I took a holiday and some further work was required (by me and others) before the update was suitable for release. I've just returned and I'm now sorting out some final items for this update. More news shortly!

Cees Donker
September 9th, 2016, 05:46
Am I the only one having a major problem with the autopilot of this plane? When I switch from GPS to NAV and let the AP do the approach, the plane gets beserk and starts going in a circle! Is this an already known problem?

Cees

thefrog
September 9th, 2016, 07:06
Am I the only one having a major problem with the autopilot of this plane? When I switch from GPS to NAV and let the AP do the approach, the plane gets beserk and starts going in a circle! Is this an already known problem?

Cees

I just tried an autopilot ILS coupled approach in the TB10. I have found that after switching to NAV with the GPS/NAV switch, I have to continue my current heading in HDG mode at a reasonable angle to the runway (with ALT enabled) until the Localiser needle starts to move. Then I press APR which flashes until it locks on to the Localiser and then turns in the direction of the runway. It is fairly slow to react, as I would expect of a fairly old unit.
Having said that, it just failed to capture the glideslope! So I need to experiment a bit more with that, but in general, I would not expect the autopilot to perform miracles, and to allow enough time for it to do its thing!
Dave

Martyn
September 9th, 2016, 12:19
Although that's not an issue that I'm aware of, the update (due for release early next week) includes numerous improvements to the autopilot and its operation with the GPS, GTN 650 and HSI.

Cees Donker
September 15th, 2016, 11:34
The autopilot is definately not functioning as it should. It won't fly the plan I put in. In short: as an AP it's useless. Pity of such a nice plane. Hope this will be fixed?

Cees

Martyn
September 15th, 2016, 23:44
The autopilot has been improved in the upcoming update but the current version is certainly not 'useless' on our PCs as is functioning as per the real unit. The only significant (i.e. not user specific) issues that I'm aware of are related to F1 GTN integration and pitch hold not re-engaging after another vertical has been deselected. I'd suggest you contact our support team if you haven't already done so.

Martyn
September 20th, 2016, 04:06
Service pack 2 is now available for the TB10/TB20 - http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be

Changes include:

- Flight1 GTN 750 integration added
- Improved FDE (with input from real-world TB10 pilots)
- GTX 330 code input functionality improved
- Aircraft battery state is now saved and restored
- Improvements to refill menu - new fuel options (empty to 100%) added, menu no longer closes unless commanded
- Improvements to panel state save/load system (panel state no longer triggered by FSUIPC autosave)
- Menu options (GPS, sounds and engine management) are now saved and restored
- Panel selector arrow can now be closed (reopen from the 'Views' menu)
- Improvements to KAP 150 autopilot (pitch hold now re-engages if no other vertical modes are selected, UP/DN rocker switch VC clickspots now match 2D panel)
- Improved GTN 650 compatibility with autopilot and HSI
- Various HSI fixes
- F-GTQF livery window colour fixed
- CWS keyboard assignment no longer triggers landing gear
- Sun visor transparency increased and colour adjusted
- Windscreen reflectivity issues fixed
- GPS annunciator functionality improved - NAV/GPS, HLD and APR annunciations added
- Passenger seat viewpoint added
- ATC model entries added for EZDOK users
- TB10 and TB20 flight files added
- Configuration tool added for switching between GPS options (GNS or Flight1 GTN650/750) for improved performance

We'll be releasing a demo version soon.

YoYo
September 21st, 2016, 03:50
Thank You !

Martyn
October 21st, 2016, 00:44
Service Pack 3 for the TB-10/TB-20 is now available – http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be (http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be)

The changes include:

- Improvements to Flight 1 GTN 650/750 integration
- Improvements to KAP 150 autopilot (including accuracy of altitude hold)
- Improvements to engine start process (including more realistic fuel-flow requirements for successful engine ignition)
- Model size in preview window - fixed
- TB-10 engine start issue - fixed
- Altimeter texture issue - fixed
- Flight Analysis tool (error 200) - fixed
- Further enhancements to TB-10 and TB-20 FDE
- Updated manual to reflect changes made since release. Includes a new tutorial flight.

AussieMan
October 21st, 2016, 01:20
I have just purchased the TB-10 and TB-20 which I can assume contain all the SPs and updates. But one question I have to ask is why is it always so hard to find the paint kits on the Support page? I have this problem with every JF plane I purchase. Maybe we need a link to the PK page as nothing shows in the list of questions.

Martyn
October 21st, 2016, 01:41
Hi Pat. The paint kit should be in located in - [Simulator directory]\JustFlight\TB-10 Tobago and TB-20 Trinidad\Paint kit\

Depending on the size of the paint kit (sometimes they are nearly as large as the product itself!) we will either install it into the JustFlight folder when the product gets installed, or alternatively provide a link to download it on the product's support page.

P.s. you'll have the latest version if you downloaded it after approx 9am GMT today.

AussieMan
October 21st, 2016, 02:34
Thanks Martyn. I downloaded it at about 2030 Eastern Standard Daylight Saving Time here.

Martyn
November 21st, 2016, 07:27
Hi all. A demo version of the TB10/TB20 is now available - http://justflight.com/demos

In case you missed it, we've also announced our next GA project - http://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-arrow-iii

Martyn
May 11th, 2017, 02:39
TB-10/TB-20 Service Pack 4 is now available – http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be (http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be%C2%A0)

The changes include:

Oil pressure now drops when prop lever is used (a result of increased demand on oil system)
Increased RPM drop when carrying out magneto checks
ADF gauge logic fixed
'Refill Menu' option added to menu bar
FSUIPC auto-saves trigger panel state save - fixed
Option to disable 2D panel selector arrow added to menu bar
Improvements to panel state saving
Battery voltage low/oil quantity low message will now appear onscreen to warn of potential failures
Improvements to engine start logic
Improvements to fuel selector logic
Battery discharge and oil usage now occur only when engine management is enabled
Manual PDF updated to reflect software changes since release

Thanks
Martyn