PDA

View Full Version : No more downloading

rich12545
August 17th, 2016, 05:21
So I thought I'd download some sceneries to supplement a bit of flying I'll be doing around Maine. Went to the library and snagged a few. Tried to get another and was informed the limit was two gig which I just hit so I was not allowed to download any more. Well, color me surprised. I don't download stuff very often so this must be lifetime.

I figured the lifetime limit per screen name was 2 gig and I was supposed to take out a new name to get the sceneries. I didn't understand why but I did that and somehow I was still at the limit. Dang. Apparently, there is a lifetime download limit per person of two gig. Ok. I think that's kind of odd but the owners here set the rules. So that's it.

scotth6
August 17th, 2016, 05:42
I know there are limits but that doesn't sound correct. See this post:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?85638-i-am-still-getting-this-pop-up-which-holds-me-off-downloadin

I am sure I have downloaded more than 2 gig all up.

Try contacting admin to see what's going on.

Cheers,

rich12545
August 17th, 2016, 06:22
Very weird. I downloaded less than a gig yesterday. Oh well. I'll wait and see if it's replenished today.

hairyspin
August 17th, 2016, 09:26
Charter Members of 2016 are allowed 125 files or 5GB per day in downloads. Past Charter and Members+ get 100 files or 2GB per day in downloads while ordinary Members get 75 files or 1GB per day maximum.

There's no lifetime limit I know of

rich12545
August 17th, 2016, 13:36
I got everything downloaded and figured out the problem.

What happens is a lot of the time when I click download, it acts like it's happening but nothing gets downloaded so I need to click again. I should have known because the program makes me wait a minute whether it actually downloads or not. Obviously it records the size and it counted against me. Kind of a malfunction in the program.