PDA

View Full Version : No shine

jrwentz
August 16th, 2016, 16:40
I get no aircraft shine on initial load of any aircraft: until I go to Options-Display-OK, then I get the shine back on the aircraft. I have tried all variations of graphics options with no permanent results. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks

heywooood
August 16th, 2016, 20:28
it happened to me recently - have you switched a setting in 'Display' ?
are you running Win7?

if you are running Win7 try right clicking on your desktop - scroll down to 'Personalize'
click on that and then you should see your 'Themes' options...

Select one of the 'Basic' themes (not one of the Aero themes) and save it or click 'Ok' or whatever...
I use Win7 basic FWIW..

See if that helps.

The really fun thing about FSX is all the jiggery pokery that goes on - one little setting gets bumped and the whole show goes pear shaped until you surrender or something innocent is destroyed

jrwentz
August 16th, 2016, 21:35
Using W7. I changed desktop themes, no help there. It is a strange problem indeed, because I only need to open the "display" menu and "ok" back to FSX and the shine returns. I have also changed different display settings with no benefit.

Thanks for your assistance, I guess I'll keep plugging along.

heywooood
August 17th, 2016, 06:59
One other thing to try - make a copy of your fsx.cfg and save it on your desktop...then delete your .cfg file from the main FSX folder. Restart FSX and it will generate a new, basic .cfg
Run FSX to see if the 'shine' is there as it should be
Use your saved copy to re-enter your tweaks

DaveQ
August 17th, 2016, 08:13
I've had problems with reflective texturing on occasion. I get no shine in DX9 but it returns in DX10. Using Steve's DX Controller to switch. Playing with the Virtavia Lincoln atm and that's affected, as is the Aerosoft Lightning.

DaveQ

jrwentz
August 17th, 2016, 13:31
I have deleted and rebuilt the fsx.cfg file, still not getting a handle on this little devil of a problem.
I even upgraded my NVidia driver to 372.54, still nada.