PDA

View Full Version : A new guy on this blok

Cees Donker
August 11th, 2016, 13:01
Hi guys,

I'm having a great time with this sim side by side with my FSX-SE install!

:wavey:

Cees

txnetcop
August 11th, 2016, 17:59
X-Plane has a lot to offer Cees and it's extra nice that it does not do anything diabolical to FSX! Enjoy...
Ted

warchild
August 19th, 2016, 15:41
Welcome too the mysterious dark and smokey world of X-Plane ::lol:: I love this damned sim.. Sadly my main graphics card blew up last month so i'm hobbling along on an antique AMD till the first when i order my neew gtx-1060 ( cant afford the higher ones ).. Was talking with Wizard from Naval Engagement and apparently theres a way to do multiplayer without being in the same house.. I'll be looking into that.. Big empty worlds made me depressed..

mjrhealth
September 16th, 2016, 13:11
And like me you will probably spend more time in the cockpit flying the plane than outside admiring the scenery,

txnetcop
September 19th, 2016, 02:48
Yes, I'm not a big fan of the scenery in X-Plane, not even 10.5. The ground, water, and air environment is still too unbelievable so I spend more time flying the planes, however in FSX, even though I love the scenery that Orbx provides I work very hard at flying the aircraft made by A2A and RealAir. A2A even consider how the air around the aircraft affects overall performance of the aircraft and the engine. I wish Scott would consider making aircraft for X-Plane. I also would love to see Orbx making scenery for X-Plane.
Ted

manfredc3
November 19th, 2016, 16:15
Well, I too made the jump and purchased Xplane 10 with a free licence key for XPlane 11.

Have not had a chance to install or load XPlane 10, because I am in the midst of replacing my 3x 19" 4:3 moniyors for 3x 23" 16:9. As have a home built sim cockpit, it takes a bit more than just swapping them out.

Looking forward to see what XPlane 11 can offer in comparison to FSX.

txnetcop
November 21st, 2016, 04:54
Well, I too made the jump and purchased Xplane 10 with a free licence key for XPlane 11.

Have not had a chance to install or load XPlane 10, because I am in the midst of replacing my 3x 19" 4:3 moniyors for 3x 23" 16:9. As have a home built sim cockpit, it takes a bit more than just swapping them out.

Looking forward to see what XPlane 11 can offer in comparison to FSX.

The scenery may be a put off on 10.5 but it is about to improve dramatically. In X-Plane I spend more time in the cockpit managing systems than outside looking at the beauty that is in FSX. I really enjoy my time in X-Plane though...
Ted

manfredc3
November 22nd, 2016, 19:14
I made my first flight in XPlane this morning....... Or attempted it. Spent a while assigning axis and buttons. Still need to find how to pan around with the hat switch.

And I agree with you Ted. The scenery is a major let down, but I loved the engine management and sound. The way the engine went from high rpm to idle
sounded exactly like the real deal.

And knowing that XPlane 11 is supposed to have a better scenery I am looking at spending a lot of time in this sim.

Still will have to spend some time with button assignments, for which I use FSUIPC and Linda in FSX. So a steep learning curve ahead.

warchild
November 23rd, 2016, 10:04
Welll, they better hurry up and get XP 11 out there. They promised it this month and tomorrows thanksgiving. For scenery, I would refer you too X-Plane.org. It has two ides too it, one freeware and one payware, and an awesome forum as well, but thers more scenery there than you can shake a stick at.

The scenery?? I kind of like. Trees are much better, ground textures are very good. only thing missing is a few buildings, and rather than having a bunch of shapes that arent right for the location taking up my hard drive, I only have the airports I fly too and from.. Open street map provides mapping for hiways and streets, so those are correct and can be flown accurately in vfr flights. Except for buildings, the scenery is very very good.. I'm not so certain Laminar is going to do much with it in XP 11 though. During their initial presentation, they made the statement on how much scenery is developed by third party developers. I have a hunch that they're going to continue relying on those third party vendors for the majority of their addons..
Keep in mind that regardless of the visual improvements that they make, what we're buying is not a consumer product. Its a slightly trimmed down version of a professional pilot training suite used by airlines to train their pilots. We just dont get the instructor modules..
Love you guys..
pam.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/X-plane/DC-8-61_122_zpsod8hisfr.png

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/X-plane/727-100_5_zpsonqlh45l.jpg

mjrhealth
November 25th, 2016, 11:25
I work very hard at flying the aircraft made by A2A and RealA

Simcoders do reality mods for teh carenado planes, they done the F33 and teh Baron 58, pretty much like A2A, should give them a go. Removed FSX completely off this PC Xplane only now. Cnat afford both. Temptation to spend money on FSx was to high so removed it.

warchild
November 26th, 2016, 02:04
All i can say is, wow..
X-Plane 11 outside of sea-tac flying an addon 737..

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/737_1_zpscayisy6u.png