PDA

View Full Version : FCS Lancaster FDE

mal998
August 9th, 2016, 04:22
Inspired by the terrifc skins for this great plane I decide to take her for a spin. After watching a slew of real-life videos I realized she was quite nimble in the way she handled. That was not my experience with the FDE which IMHO flew more like a "brick".

So I've updated the first aircraft in the set, the BI. I think there is an improvement but I would leave that up to the rest of you if you all think it would be appropriate (and legal) to post here.

Feedback please!

dhazelgrove
August 9th, 2016, 06:07
Yes, please.

Dave

huub vink
August 9th, 2016, 06:14
Personally I don't see an issue here Mal. I think an updated flight version of the Flight dynamics is, from legal perspective, quite similar to an update of textures, which we normally call a repaint or skin.

Cheers,
Huub

mal998
August 9th, 2016, 08:20
OK, here is the update for the first model in the set, the BI. Please feedback to me if there is a need for further refinement. This was a relatively quick and simple tweak of a few parameters aimed at helping the ol'gal fly with a bit more vitality.

If you program W+E into your keystrokes and switch on the boost coil and then engage W+E you will see an increase in the boost per the supercharger. Also now you will get all individual flap settings thru 56.5 per the manual.

BTW, I tweaked these files in Steam which flies a bit different than FSX. So if you find some anomalies or something that doesn't feel right tell me and I'll have a look at it in FSX. I used default controller settings and Realism sliders on full.

***Back up your re-paint info from the aircraft.cfg. I uploaded these without all the add-ons.

Portia911
August 9th, 2016, 16:08
Anyone like me inspired by the recent paints and Mal's FDE and looking to get in on this act, might like to know US PCAviator have it discounted by 50% til the end of the month.

manfredc3
August 10th, 2016, 15:49
I bouth this add-ons years ago, but the latest paints and FDE ugdate certainly rejuvenated my interest in this classic warbird.

mal998
August 11th, 2016, 10:24
If there is any feedback on the new FDE please let me know. If she flies ok/better then I will update the rest of the package. If not, well then....