PDA

View Full Version : Heads up Stearman fliers

crashaz
August 4th, 2016, 04:52
There is a new Stearman sound pack on simMarket. I bought it and it sounds amazing. Check out the video at simMarket to see for yourselves.

http://secure.simmarket.com/immersive-audio-boeing-stearman-pt-17-soundpack-hd-fsx-p3d.phtml

Immersive Audio proudly presents a high-definition sound pack for a vintage biplane icon, Boeing Stearman PT-17.
We have captured the Continental R-670 in all its glory, and compiled this soundpack to be as realistic as possible.This soundpack can be used with all flyable Boeing Stearman models for FSX/P3D.Soundpack includes:

Authentic Continental R-670 high-definition sounds;
Authentic wind noise;
Authentic touchdown and groundroll sounds;
Hot engine ticking sound after engine shutdown;
Exterior soundcones with realistic propeller sound;

For you P3D types... if you are now using the Realism Shader Pack.... the same person who did all that work.... is the same person who has released this sound pack. Give back if you have the chance.

Anneke
August 4th, 2016, 05:06
What's the best Stearman for FSX/P3D these days. Sounds are great!!

crashaz
August 4th, 2016, 08:35
What's the best Stearman for FSX/P3D these days. Sounds are great!!

I have both Vertigo and Golden Age.... prevailing opinion seems to be Golden Age for their flight model.

Navy Chief
August 4th, 2016, 15:51
Thanks for the heads up, James. I sent a link to their YouTube video to a Navy buddy of mine who owns a Stearman. I figure he will get a kick out of it! Pete

Update:

My friend replied already. Said this, "Pete, on the Stearman sounds, pretty accurate, inside cockpit. Has a regular starter vice inertia starter, which I think is neater on start up. Outside coming towards seems a little off, going away, more accurate. Shutdown, near. Come on over, we'll fly & see,"

I replied, asking what day of week is best for him! He lives about an hour from me in Bayou Le Batre, AL.

Spad54
August 5th, 2016, 15:16
Thanks for the heads up, James. I sent a link to their YouTube video to a Navy buddy of mine who owns a Stearman. I figure he will get a kick out of it! Pete

Update:

My friend replied already. Said this, "Pete, on the Stearman sounds, pretty accurate, inside cockpit. Has a regular starter vice inertia starter, which I think is neater on start up. Outside coming towards seems a little off, going away, more accurate. Shutdown, near. Come on over, we'll fly & see,"

I replied, asking what day of week is best for him! He lives about an hour from me in Bayou Le Batre, AL.

We would be most interested in your input as we plan on a total frame up redesign of the Stearman in the near future. Early 2017

tgycgijoes
August 5th, 2016, 17:39
I'll be watching this thread for a release date on that updated Golden Age Stearman and will pickup that sound pack then too. My buddy and I flew the heck out of the FS9 Stearman Kaydet from Dave Eckert in multiplayer and had a great time. I even created a texture for it for the WWII WASP trainer and he gave permission to release it. Its out there somewhere like AVSIM and Simviation unless it got lost in a hack. Downloaded all of the videos the Navy did on uTube, too. It's on a flash drive someplace with Dave's Stearman and the Eagle Field scenery. Love watching those old JAG reruns with Harm flying his. I was able to get a ride a few years ago in Ohio at a fair. WOW!!!

Navy Chief
August 5th, 2016, 19:43
We would be most interested in your input as we plan on a total frame up redesign of the Stearman in the near future. Early 2017

Would be happy to, but not sure what input I can provide. My friend who owns a Stearman might be able to provide some tips. If you have some questions or need some closeup pictures, I can possibly help get answers. NC