PDA

View Full Version : FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.2

Milton Shupe
August 3rd, 2016, 12:33
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/462414702563849554.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.2
(There is also an FS9 only version available)
Turboprop by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak

Pkg incl custom model, panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 4 liveries.

This full release corrects minor sound, panel and gauge, and cfg issues, and improves texture load times with DDS/DXT5 compression and a common texture folder.

NOTE: If you prefer the 32-bit textures you have, preserve them and replace all the texture folders in this download with the folders you have.

August 3, 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.2 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21699&catid=34)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

cadprofessor
August 4th, 2016, 06:27
Just downloaded and installed ver 1.2. Good news is that it comes up in version 2.5 without crashing. I can not get any of the controls to work on the VC. i move the mouse over the instruments and there is no change in the icon to indicate a knob or a switch is active. Am I missing something? Thanks....

mig21bis
August 4th, 2016, 07:22
Excellent work, Milton. Works great in P3Dv3, some buttons not clickable in VC (not sure if they're supposed to, though). Starts up, runs, flies and looks really great. Sound is particularly realistic, great immersion effect in the cockpit. Thank you for giving the sim community a state-of-the-art model that also happens to be freeware!

Milton Shupe
August 4th, 2016, 07:38
Just downloaded and installed ver 1.2. Good news is that it comes up in version 2.5 without crashing. I can not get any of the controls to work on the VC. i move the mouse over the instruments and there is no change in the icon to indicate a knob or a switch is active. Am I missing something? Thanks....

cadprofessor,

Happy that it is loading for you okay. in P3D 2.x As an FS9 port over in version P3D v2.x, many of the vc items are not clickable.

If you do not have the Mallard radial-based release by LDR, I highly recommend it as an FSX native release.
There is not currently an FSX native version of the turboprop.

EDIT: Maybe instead of the FSX Only warning, I should have stated "will not fully work in P3D V2 or V3"

Milton Shupe
August 4th, 2016, 07:41
Excellent work, Milton. Works great in P3Dv3, some buttons not clickable in VC (not sure if they're supposed to, though). Starts up, runs, flies and looks really great. Sound is particularly realistic, great immersion effect in the cockpit. Thank you for giving the sim community a state-of-the-art model that also happens to be freeware!

Thank you Sir. The VC click-ability is a consequence of this being an FS9 port over. Works fine in FSX, just not P3D v2 and above.

Milton Shupe
August 4th, 2016, 15:54
There is a V1.2 Model Fix for "see through leaks" (if you zoom way in) that you may also download here.

This is a simple Model replacement folder.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?101747-Grumman-Mallard-G-73AT-v1-2-Model-FIX

jmtib
August 5th, 2016, 04:13
Hello Milton !

Thank you very much for this beautiful aircraft !
Thank you for all your works for flight simulation....with special emphasis for the Howard 500, Lodestar, beech 18 and so many more ! Lots of fantastic flights !

All the best for you,

JM

Milton Shupe
August 5th, 2016, 04:28
Hello Milton !

Thank you very much for this beautiful aircraft !
Thank you for all your works for flight simulation....with special emphasis for the Howard 500, Lodestar, beech 18 and so many more ! Lots of fantastic flights !

All the best for you,

JM

JM, thank you Sir for the comments. It's great to see that people still enjoy and appreciate those projects.

Lonewolfee1
August 19th, 2016, 10:24
Love this aircraft. Beautiful job. Thank you for all the work you put in on it.