PDA

View Full Version : FTX North America Landclass released...

Roger
July 31st, 2016, 04:20
Those who bought the original that covered Northern North America will get an automatic discount. Split into 4 parts which must all be downloaded to create the lc for the whole of North America.

However the servers seem to be massively overloaded at present so although I have made my purchase I have given up trying to download for now and will try again tomorrow.

falcon409
July 31st, 2016, 05:33
I'm one that purchased the early version (Alaska/Canada) and qualify for the discount however, despite the size of the download I'm wondering just how significant the overall change in appearance will actually be. I already have Vector Basic, FTX Global Basic, North America-Canada/Alaska and European Landclass. Plus a number of individual payware airports and all the freeware airports. Unless I were to fly to every region in the US, which I won't, I don't know if even at $32 it's worth getting.

YoYo
July 31st, 2016, 05:55
Not Today, the store works very slow, I'm afraid what will be with download purchase .... :biggrin-new: !

Sundog
July 31st, 2016, 05:56
I can't wait to get this as the textures look amazing and I like flying everywhere. Plus it has most of the Bahamas, Caribbean, and goes down to Central America. Granted, there are problems with the beaches in some of those areas, but they're going to fix those. Now I'll be able to fly over some great textures when commuting between my west coast and east coast airports.

flaviossa
July 31st, 2016, 06:03
Iīm confused now http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/untroubled.png
I have the previous (Alaska/Canada) package too. Does this new package NA have what is covered with the first package? Do i have to uninstall it before installing the new complete LC NA package?
Also, i donīt see where is the discount in FSS store. Can someone point me to it? (FSS shop is very slow at the moment)

Thanks.

Roger
July 31st, 2016, 06:07
For me the discount was automatically deducted at the check out.

Roger
July 31st, 2016, 06:09
Good question about uninstalling the original first. I honestly don't know but either Nick will answer or we need to post in the ORBX forums.

flaviossa
July 31st, 2016, 06:14
Will ask in the orbx forum and answer here later. Standby.

scotth6
July 31st, 2016, 06:18
Ed at ORBX has stated there is no need to uninstall OpenLC Alaska/Canada. Just install the new OpenLC NA over the top.

flaviossa
July 31st, 2016, 06:27
Ah, thanks for the info!

ncooper
July 31st, 2016, 07:16
Yes, the installers search for what is already installed and only add missing or updated files.
The discount is indeed applied at the checkout.

big-mike
July 31st, 2016, 07:34
I just wanted to get it,but before i tick "Confirm Order" i shall pay AUD31.
I have the NA LC and the senior discount.
Should be AUD 22 or will this appear after i have confirmed order?
Mike

ncooper
July 31st, 2016, 08:22
Is this AUS$54.95 - AUS$22.50 = $32.45 less 20% =AUS$25.96?
I don't qualify for the senior discount, is that given at the checkout?

rsgunner
July 31st, 2016, 08:48
Got it paid for but can't get to the download link. Servers are overwhelmed.

With the upgrade discount and the conversion to USD it was only $24 and change. Great deal.

Russ

olderndirt
July 31st, 2016, 09:48
I just wanted to get it,but before i tick "Confirm Order" i shall pay AUD31.
I have the NA LC and the senior discount.
Should be AUD 22 or will this appear after i have confirmed order?
Mike

Log into your account before starting the purchase. This will advise their system that you qualify for the over 65 discount.

big-mike
July 31st, 2016, 09:50
I think i did it.
Now it`s too late,the purchase hangs waiting for PayPal.
Cannot delete it.
I mailed them,but now i have to wait for an answer.
Mike

ncooper
July 31st, 2016, 10:57
In Melbourne, it's 0455, tomorrow, a bit early for office hours. :frown-new:

falcon409
July 31st, 2016, 14:47
Log into your account before starting the purchase. This will advise their system that you qualify for the over 65 discount.
I logged in first and then went to purchase, the only discount prior to transferring me to paypal was the initial $22 dollar discount.

I had a bunch of points saved up and just threw those at it. . .brought it to $22. US. . .pretty good deal.

jmig
August 1st, 2016, 09:31
I just purchased this. Based on a quick 30 min. flight over my home area of Louisiana, an area where I have frequently flown in real life as well as sim life, all I can say is WOW. I haven't looked at other areas yet. However, if what I saw over the New Iberia-Lafayette area is indicative of the entire package, it is worth every penny of the $50 bucks or so.

I have both GTX US V2 for PD3 and MegaScenery Earth. This package comes close to MegaScenery in the detail. However, it's colors are more natural and it provides wonderful autogen. The city of New Iberia is 30-40,000 souls. In UTX it hardly shows. In FTX NA LC it is not only there in the appropriate size and density, the streets are as accurate as a map. I could easily pick out the major streets from 1500' AFL.

I have just recently returned from Alaska, where I did some flying out of Anchorage in a Cessna 206 and a DHC Beaver. I want to re-fly that area in PD3 using this new landclass scenery. I bet it will approach the real thing. Especially if I can land on the beach, like we did.

Moses03
August 1st, 2016, 10:52
This looks great but if I am adding it up right I would have to spend $116.25US (FTX Global Base@75.01 + NA Landclass@41.24). Yikes!

manfredc3
August 1st, 2016, 11:37
I just logged in to my account and and then added this NA LC to the shopping card.

Credit was dwducted at checkout, and I paid US$24.

Will start downloading tonight after I get home from work. Servers should also work better around those hours.

Looking forward to exploring the US all over again, lol.

jmig
August 1st, 2016, 12:31
This looks great but if I am adding it up right I would have to spend $116.25US (FTX Global Base@75.01 + NA Landclass@41.24). Yikes!

They also recommend that you use Global Vectors. That has to be another $25-30.

Hobby is getting as expensive as golf.

dc10boy
August 1st, 2016, 15:42
Looks great and I'm thinking about it.However,the landclass migration almost wrecked my FSX installation.The only thing keeping me from a complete reinstall was the current backup I kept on a portable drive.I got my FSX back to pre-migration status and have been a bit gun shy about trying that again.
How is the performance relative to UTX or default scenery? Can UTX be used for Vector scenery (saving 60$) if UTX landclass is deactivated and OLCNA is used for landclass?

griphos
August 1st, 2016, 18:13
Yes, that will work. UTX can provide selectable vector scenery.

Portia911
August 1st, 2016, 18:21
Looks great and I'm thinking about it.However,the landclass migration almost wrecked my FSX installation.The only thing keeping me from a complete reinstall was the current backup I kept on a portable drive.I got my FSX back to pre-migration status and have been a bit gun shy about trying that again.
How is the performance relative to UTX or default scenery? Can UTX be used for Vector scenery (saving 60$) if UTX landclass is deactivated and OLCNA is used for landclass?

Gun shy here too. I'm happy with my 'world' as is - which includes FTX Global and both OpenLC in Europe and Alaska/Canada, all of which I consider good investments. But I haven't touched FTX Central for the last couple of months and am wary of the automatic 'landclass migration' that will occur if/when I do. :-(

Roger
August 1st, 2016, 22:31
Finally got all four parts downloaded last night. Installed without issue, but I have successfully migrated landclass.

manfredc3
August 1st, 2016, 22:34
In the midst of downloading right now. Will install in the morning

griphos
August 2nd, 2016, 06:42
I understand the caution, but it must be done sooner rather than later if you wish to get any future ORBX scenery, as some of it, such as the new LC, requires the new lookups (all new products may), and all of them will require new libraries which will require or perform the migration.

I migrated twice, with two different versions of P3D without any problems at all, and have lots of Orbx scenery.

jmig
August 2nd, 2016, 12:40

I find it as good as GTX for FPS. I haven't seen any problems.

I did fly from Homer, Alaska to the lodge on the other side of Cook's Inlet. Previously, this was an area of nothing. It looked FS2000 or maybe even FS95. With the FTX NALC, it looks very much like it does in real life. I was taken back with the fidelity to the real world. The only difference is the lack of sandy beaches. We landed on the beach at low tide. I didn't find any beaches. Only low lying relative flat scrub brush terrain. Maybe, it was high tide? ;)

I find this to be the most impressive scenery since the first GTX for FS9.