PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sweeney Outs More Win10 Concerns - MS to Break Steam

TuFun
July 27th, 2016, 23:26
Now this is interesting... one day FS9/FSX wont work on future computers if Win32 is removed thru updates? :dizzy:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/tim-sweeney-outs-more-win10-concerns-ms-wants-to-break-steam.html

txnetcop
July 28th, 2016, 03:59
Not really a surprise but it will be an uphill climb for Microsoft. There are some things money can't buy and most of us in the computer industry are resourceful enough to go around anything Microsoft does to make Steam less effective.

Tom Clayton
July 28th, 2016, 15:44
Linux Mint and X-Plane are sounding better and better.

hairyspin
July 28th, 2016, 22:35
16-bit programs have gone the way of the VHS recorder, 32-bit programs will also fade away. Some day 64-bit will also be old school. It's all a conspiracy, keep the faith and wear your tinfoil hat at all times, lol!

PRB
July 29th, 2016, 12:39
Linux Mint and X-Plane are sounding better and better.

Exactly! I've been running Linux Mint 17.3 on this computer for several months now. I'd forgotten what it was like to actually own my computer. I like it a lot. One of the things I like the best about Linux is something unexpected. Where Windows update only updates Windows, running Linux update updates everything installed on the computer. No more "Notepad++ has a new version, download now!", "CCleaner has a new version, download now!", "Firefox has a new version, download now!", etc., etc., I'm at the point now that the only thing I need Windows for is FS. XPlane, huh? Hmm...

Allen
July 29th, 2016, 19:23
16-bit programs have gone the way of the VHS recorder, 32-bit programs will also fade away. Some day 64-bit will also be old school. It's all a conspiracy, keep the faith and wear your tinfoil hat at all times, lol!

There is no need to keep updating things like MS wants. I'm still using my 2003 XP every day. There has been no big leap forward to have the need to update.