PDA

View Full Version : Iris Da42 or Alabeo DA42

RyanJZ
July 27th, 2016, 15:05
Hey guys, another one of those threads. I already have the Iris Diamond Da-42, but it's getting pretty old now. A while ago, Alabeo made their own DA-42. How does it compare to the Iris? Does it model a newer version of the real thing? How realistic are the actual performance numbers, like speed vs fuel flow and useful load? Systems depth, and finally, handling qualities. What can you guys tell me about the Alabeo version?

Portia911
July 27th, 2016, 18:37
I have the WSSimulation DA-42. I don't have Alabeo model, but if I was interested in spending more to have a better version, I'd be inclined to also consider this one:
http://secure.simmarket.com/eaglesoft-diamond-da42-twin-star-fsx-p3d.phtml

BrittMac
July 28th, 2016, 08:55
Alabeo. I have both, and the FDE for the Alabeo one is better. The IRIS model looks fine still, but, that thing stuck to the runway until you had a ton of speed. It was hard to get it out of a 5000ft strip. I've seen a real DA42 get airborne well before midfield on a 5000ft strip, so, that always bothered me.
They both have the G1000 setup. The Alabeo one is a little easier on click spots for most things. Also, since it's a newer model, it does look better than the IRIS.

I put a lot of time on the IRIS model, and don't think it's bad when flying. But, I am glad the Alabeo model updated my DA42 in the sim and got rid of the few issues I didn't like.