PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft F-16 Drag chute

harrybasset
July 26th, 2016, 11:28
After reading on here of the Aerosoft sale I bought the F-16. I've read the manual but can't see how to stream the drag chute. It is mentioned on the landing diagram but that is all I can find, please can anyone tell me if this F-16 has a drag chute?

menef
July 26th, 2016, 11:39
After reading on here of the Aerosoft sale I bought the F-16. I've read the manual but can't see how to stream the drag chute. It is mentioned on the landing diagram but that is all I can find, please can anyone tell me if this F-16 has a drag chute?

No drag chute mate! The Norwegian and Israeli birds have the drag chute container but without any animation. Bye

DaveB
July 26th, 2016, 12:08
Taken from the Avsim review..

If you look at the tail, you’ll notice there’s a drag chute folded up over the exhaust novel. No, it doesn’t deploy. As Mr.
Kok explained on the support forum, “The chute is only used in rather special occasions (short runway with low
braking action) and certainly not used standard. We discussed it but in the end decided that adding all that code
made little sense and never would look realistic. To make a realistic looking and above all WORKING (meaning it
would increase braking in regards to speed/wind) just was not worth the effort. If it could not be done at least semirealistic we would not do it.”

;)
ATB
DaveB:)

harrybasset
July 27th, 2016, 01:57
Thank you both for the information, a little disappointing for this big kid who looks for added play value.