PDA

View Full Version : Some C-47 V3 Feedback

Paul K
July 23rd, 2016, 11:13
First of all, a huge well done to all involved - what an enormous effort it must have been. Thank you !

I thought I would post this as a separate thread, in case it got lost in the release announcement sticky above.

The A.I. seems to indicate the aircraft is flying nose down when in fact it's flying level. And when the wings of the aircraft symbol correspond with the horizon bar, which would normally indicate level flight, the aircraft attitude is pitched up by about 10 to 15 degrees.

One for the to-do list ?

DaveB
July 23rd, 2016, 11:35
A bit from me too..

External engine sounds not 'letting go' all the time requiring the throttles to be increased then cut to disengage (eg.. approach sounds to idle). Not an uncommon problem in FSX.

Nothing happening from door '3' on the overhead control panel (shift+4). Maybe this ejects para's.. not got that far yet!!

Slight 'peppering' around the base of some control knobs (those on the inop Sperry and DG).. like the black is too black (my screen res is 1920x1080 native).

Small points all:encouragement: Absolutely LOVE the shift+4. When I first saw it on the C-97, I thought it was one of the best sim panels I'd seen and being au fait with it on that model.. I was able to jump into the C-47 and be 'in control' without physically having to learn/find switches/positions e t c. OK.. most simmers are reasonably familiar with the DC-3 including me but the shift+4 control panel gives us 'non-twiddlers' a sense of actually doing the flicking without actually doing it. Top job;)
ATB
DaveB:)

High Iron
July 23rd, 2016, 11:42
First of all, a huge well done to all involved - what an enormous effort it must have been. Thank you !

I thought I would post this as a separate thread, in case it got lost in the release announcement sticky above.

The A.I. seems to indicate the aircraft is flying nose down when in fact it's flying level. And when the wings of the aircraft symbol correspond with the horizon bar, which would normally indicate level flight, the aircraft attitude is pitched up by about 10 to 15 degrees.

One for the to-do list ?

Use the attitude adjustment knob to move the aircraft symbol up or down to reference level flight. This is done in real aircraft as well.

Cheers

griphos
July 23rd, 2016, 15:56
External engine sounds not 'letting go' all the time requiring the throttles to be increased then cut to disengage (eg.. approach sounds to idle). Not an uncommon problem in FSX.

Nothing happening from door '3' on the overhead control panel (shift+4). Maybe this ejects para's.. not got that far yet!!

Hmmmm...there were no sound issues for any of the beta testers like you describe. Always smooth response to throttle. What you may be noticing is the way the engine sounds have been synced to the prop, a bit unusual for FSX aircraft. In most planes in FSX with variable speed props, changing the throttle will result in a large change in engine sound which is unrealistic since unless the props have also been adjusted to change engine rpm. The team worked hard on matching engine sounds to RPM and throttle in this version.

Door 4 is the para door.

Obie311
July 23rd, 2016, 16:16
One quick question though.... my view keys are all wacky.

I use F9 for Virtual Cockpit, F10 for Tower View, F11 is Locked Spot, and because F12 is used for frame grab photographs in Steam, I have reassigned Top Down to F8.

Am I the only one having this problem? What parameter controls these view assignments? How do I reassign them so I can have my familiar view presets? Is it camera views? I have never done this before so I'd appreciate a little guidance. I am using the paid version of FSUIPC4 if that makes a difference.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this project. It has exceeded my expectations.

Regards,
Obie http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/clear.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1034494)

DaveB
July 23rd, 2016, 16:28
Okey dokey.

Props were at 80% where they'd been for the majority of the flight. Landed and taxied to a stop and the external sounds were still some way above idle.. more like approach. Opened the throttles while stopped then cut them and the sounds went to idle. As I said.. no biggie. This isn't the first and I'm sure it won't be the last time this happens.

Yup.. I'd noticed door 4 was the para door. Clicking door 3 shows nothing visible happening.
ATB

StormILM
July 23rd, 2016, 17:00
I know beta models will have issues but in general, issues so far seem mostly trivial & not glaring which will all be sorted in due time. The only thing I'm having an issue with that sticks out is that the few metal/gloss finished repaints I'm using seem dull/matte for whatever reason compared to photos of the original repaint. I am guessing that may have to do with certain properties in the model file?

HarleyDude
July 23rd, 2016, 17:10
I would also like to add my many thanks and appreciation for all the work that went into bringing this project to life. Like my fellow virtual aviators I have experienced a glitch. In flying the paratrooper version all I get are black squares jumping out of the plane. I even read the read me and the Tech manual but no joy. The audio is there. the leave the plane and float down. Jusy black squares. Can anyone help me here. The op system 8.1 and it is being run in FSXA. Thanks.

griphos
July 23rd, 2016, 17:18
@DaveB...Since you mention this happens with other aircraft, I wonder if this might be something particular to your install. As I said, this is not something any of the beta testers have experienced, and I can't say I've experienced it with any other aircraft either in FSX or P3D. I have LOTS of addon aircraft. Not sure...

I've never particularly messed with door 3 myself, so have nothing constructive for you there. Doors 1 and 2 (and the steps) are all I usually use (since I don't do the paratrooper thing either). Sorry not to be able to be of help there. Perhaps door 3 is skin dependent?

@Obie...There are a lot of new camera views added to this model, more than usual. Perhaps that has led to your usual keys not being available for the default views to which you've assigned them. I'm afraid I can't help you more on how to modify that, but perhaps someone else will come along who can help on that.

@HarleyDude...sorry, paratrooper textures got omitted from the release pack. Get them here: http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/c47_paratext.zip

falcon409
July 23rd, 2016, 17:25
I know beta models will have issues but in general, issues so far seem mostly trivial & not glaring which will all be sorted in due time. The only thing I'm having an issue with that sticks out is that the few metal/gloss finished repaints I'm using seem dull/matte for whatever reason compared to photos of the original repaint. I am guessing that may have to do with certain properties in the model file?
I have that with one of Hani's repaints (Delta Airlines) and it appears it's due to there not being any speculars included with the download. I also downloaded his American Airlines livery, which has speculars included and it looks awesome. One thing as well is that I'm using them in P3D_V3.3, which may be a contributor as well.

billhuntsman
July 23rd, 2016, 17:38
Before I mention the little issues below, I want to say Thanks and Great Job, again. This panel and sound are just dripping atmosphere.

Now a couple of minor issues I noticed.

1) The window in the altimeter does not seem to match the barometric pressure. If I adjust the window to the pressure announced by ATIS and then press "B" the needles and window move significantly and the window display does not match the ATIS pressure from the departure airport.

2) Using the Shift+2 panel, both the MAX fuel and NORMAL fuel loads both end up with all four tanks full.

3) The Com2 radio does not seem to work. Are there plans to make this available?

Thanks.

Bill

StormILM
July 23rd, 2016, 18:02
I have that with one of Hani's repaints (Delta Airlines) and it appears it's due to there not being any speculars included with the download. I also downloaded his American Airlines livery, which has speculars included and it looks awesome. One thing as well is that I'm using them in P3D_V3.3, which may be a contributor as well.

I noted the lack of speculars as well but some of the metal skin repaints I am using included them and a GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds file but I'm still getting the dull look (using FSXA). Not sure what to make of it.

TuFun
July 23rd, 2016, 18:22
I noted the lack of speculars as well but some of the metal skin repaints I am using included them and a GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds file but I'm still getting the dull look (using FSXA). Not sure what to make of it.

I had something like that. Check the texture.cfg in the v.2 repaint and replace with the one in the EATS repaint and see if that works.

griphos
July 23rd, 2016, 18:24
Before I mention the little issues below, I want to say Thanks and Great Job, again. This panel and sound are just dripping atmosphere.

Now a couple of minor issues I noticed.

1) The window in the altimeter does not seem to match the barometric pressure. If I adjust the window to the pressure announced by ATIS and then press "B" the needles and window move significantly and the window display does not match the ATIS pressure from the departure airport.

2) Using the Shift+2 panel, both the MAX fuel and NORMAL fuel loads both end up with all four tanks full.

3) The Com2 radio does not seem to work. Are there plans to make this available?

Thanks.

Bill

1) this is a known issue. Being a bit recalcitrant, actually.

2) I'll note this for Jan.

3) Yes, Com2 is inop. It will be worked on for future update.

StormILM
July 23rd, 2016, 18:39
I had something like that. Check the texture.cfg in the v.2 repaint and replace with the one in the EATS repaint and see if that works.

I already covered that, to no avail. I'm checking through things but the issue appears to be specific to this model.

gman5250
July 23rd, 2016, 18:51

Don't worry about the specular files guys. I'm uploading a package tomorrow with all of my updated bumps, specular, re-booted textures and the PK. I've had to wait until the server traffic eased up a bit.

For the next few hours you can use the specular files from the previous version. For a generic spec file, download one of my blank metal skins for the previous plane and poach the spec file from there.

When I upload the files tomorrow you can drop all of the enhanced files into the new airplane folder. Install readme will be in the kit.

I'm flying the current revision, same as the released version and my metal finishes are working as intended. Specular is working on this model. It is possible that early paints with bump maps or specular files not crated in the right format might have some display issues. My bump and spec files should address that but skins with dedicated spec files may need updating by the painter who created them.

Be advised gentlemen, the airplane is not currently enabled for P3D Dynamic Reflections. I pointed it out to Jan and it should be addressed in a later release.

ryanbatc
July 23rd, 2016, 19:19

I use F9 for Virtual Cockpit, F10 for Tower View, F11 is Locked Spot, and because F12 is used for frame grab photographs in Steam, I have reassigned Top Down to F8.

Obie http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/clear.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1034494)

I've noticed that too in addons with many camera angles... The A2A birds come to mind... Argh. Probably could delete the camera angles in the aircraft.cfg. I'd recommend though, just copying the .cfg and renaming to something like .bak then deleting the cameras (this way you have a backup copy of the cameras)

Ian Warren
July 23rd, 2016, 19:21
What more can you ask for, Photo Real cockpit and Photo Real Mount Cook Scenery :encouragement:
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/24/1167d3.jpg

Timmy74
July 23rd, 2016, 19:45

Am I the only one having this problem? What parameter controls these view assignments? How do I reassign them so I can have my familiar view presets? Is it camera views? I have never done this before so I'd appreciate a little guidance. I am using the paid version of FSUIPC4 if that makes a difference.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this project. It has exceeded my expectations.

Regards,

I just copied the V2 "Cameraview" entries into the V3 aircraft.cfg file while placing a "//" before all of the V3 "Cameraview" entries. Seems to work just fine for me. Now I have F11 and F12 external views back.

Cheers,
Tim.

Hanimichal
July 23rd, 2016, 21:04
.... and because F12 is used for frame grab photographs in Steam ....

Use Scroll Lock for Steam's screens

Paul K
July 23rd, 2016, 21:32
Use the attitude adjustment knob to move the aircraft symbol up or down to reference level flight. This is done in real aircraft as well.

Cheers

I couldn't even see that knob until the tool tip came up. Thank you very much, High Iron.

Another minor issue - some of the switch animations on the control box to the left of the pilots arm rest don't work. ADF and VOR 2 for example.

I've flown this thing for about 45 minutes and it might just be my favourite vintage prop ever. Absolutely wonderful.

johnwillimas2
July 24th, 2016, 02:30
I'm loving the V3 cockpit but have one (small) query. On my panel the clock, AI, Gyro Compass, Auto-pilot and fuel gauge (last one not visible in this shot) are all a paler shade than the surrounding panel. (see below) It's different to how the panel looks in Ian Warren's shots above, so I'm guessing its a video setting of mine. Any ideas anyone?

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/johnwillimas/c47cockpit_zpspmka5lyk.png (http://s139.photobucket.com/user/johnwillimas/media/c47cockpit_zpspmka5lyk.png.html)

falcon409
July 24th, 2016, 02:36
I'm loving the V3 cockpit but have one (small) query. On my panel the clock, AI, Gyro Compass, Auto-pilot and fuel gauge (last one not visible in this shot) are all a paler shade than the surrounding panel. (see below) It's different to how the panel looks in Ian Warren's shots above, so I'm guessing its a video setting of mine. Any ideas anyone?

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/johnwillimas/c47cockpit_zpspmka5lyk.png (http://s139.photobucket.com/user/johnwillimas/media/c47cockpit_zpspmka5lyk.png.html)
Check your cockpit lights to see if they're on. It was mentioned in the release thread I believe.

johnwillimas2
July 24th, 2016, 02:41
Check your cockpit lights to see if they're on. It was mentioned in the release thread I believe.
Yepp, that's the problem solved. I must have missed that. Many thanks.

cavaricooper
July 24th, 2016, 03:04
FIRST- ONE MORE THANK-YOU TO THE TEAM- BRILLIANT RELEASE!

Jan et al-

Could you please consider slowing down electric elevator trim application to about 1/2 of what it is now... getting closer to hand trim wheel application rates?

When the Altimeter issue is worked on, could a tool-tip pop-up be added so that the reading is easier seen, and perhaps add a Hectopascal equivalent to the pop-up as well? This old gal has me doing a lot of "Kestrel & Kittyhawk" flights ;).

Loving all the sounds, creaks, groans and shakes.

Ta!

C

edakridge
July 24th, 2016, 03:10
About lighting: I have noticed that the "Cabin Light" switch works (VC Lights), but the "Instrument Panel lights" switch/knob is animated but no gauge lighting. I am sure that you guys are aware of it, but just wanted to clarify.

TuFun
July 24th, 2016, 03:22
About lighting: I have noticed that the "Cabin Light" switch works (VC Lights), but the "Instrument Panel lights" switch/knob is animated but no gauge lighting. I am sure that you guys are aware of it, but just wanted to clarify.

Page 7 in the manual states C-47 is certified for day time operations only in FSX. More info in the manual!

rampa
July 24th, 2016, 04:12
My feedback is absolutely positive, I love this plane! Thanks again!
I know that there are few limitations yet, but it is more than flyable. I love the sounds, they are real and comfortable. The flight dynamics were already excellent in the version 2, but now they seem to be a step above from before. I like very much how this bird lands on the wheels, also in the turbulence it behaves correctly I think, but this is just my feeling.
In my opinion the checklist can be improved, but I need to be more confident with it, anyway you are free to use it or not.
I realized a video on youtube, it starts with a heavy turbulence there, almost all details are maxed out and prepar3d is in a very good shape at this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1qKpBK9GrM

TeiscoDelRay
July 24th, 2016, 04:45
Great model and cockpit, thanks. My friend that worked on these on the islands during the bomb test does not remember the large air tubes on each side and he said the pee tubes by the seats are missing - otherwise he is thrilled with the plane.

I am a night flyer and would hope to see some cockpit and gauge lighting in the future if possible.

Thanks again and I know how much work goes into something like this.

griphos
July 24th, 2016, 06:18
As has been said, work continues on this wonderful bird. All of the things mentioned in the last dozen or so threads - altimeter, switches on the audio box (and others), lighting, checklist - are on the to-do list (and mentioned in the manual). There are some nice features coming still to this beta version in addition to further corrections or completions. It's not finished, but in the meantime, you can enjoy flying this beauty.

Of course, if you spot an issue, and don't find it mentioned in the manual, sing out.

jandmbear
July 24th, 2016, 15:05
for what it's worth, I tried the "That's All Brother" repaint with V3 and it worked excellent.

Timmy74
July 25th, 2016, 00:20
Just my 2 cents worth....

I have noticed that there is no real difference between the F9 and F11 view keys...!? F10 is the left engine view which is great! F12 is the right engine view which is great too! But I do not understand F11 being the same as F9?

Could the outside locked spot view be added to the F11 key instead of having another interior view please? Or if someone knows which entry in the aircraft.cfg file I can change to get an lock spot view (rather than spending a lot of time hitting the A or S key) that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim.

Timmy74
July 25th, 2016, 02:07
Another one....

I have noticed that the hot key for landing lights only turns of the port landing light but on the external view both go out!? So when doing the check list you need to switch the two off individually...!? However the Pitot switches move together but not the landing lights?

Cheers,
Tim.

Adamski_NZ
July 25th, 2016, 02:24
I see there's ony the one model at the moment. Are there plans to do the additional model that we have in V2? I ask, because my ZK-DAK ends up with the side-antennas that it didn't have in V2, making it look rather like the Heinkel He-219! :mixed-smiley-010:

I'm still gob-smacked by V3! :applause:

Adam.

huub vink
July 25th, 2016, 02:41
Like Adam, I would really love to see a version of this model without the antennas. And greedy as I sometimes am I would love to see a version with short air intakes, although I realise that this would cause many changes to the textures.

Cheers,
Huub

mgr
July 25th, 2016, 02:46
Hi,

Like Adam, I would really love to see a version of this model without the antennas. And greedy as I sometimes am I would love to see a version with short air intakes, although I realise that this would cause many changes to the textures.

Was wondering did the external mdl-file even change with V3? The internal (VC) is ofcourse new.
Not at home so could not check.

Marcel

huub vink
July 25th, 2016, 03:40
Hi Marcel,

So far I haven't been able to find any differences between the texturel lay-out of V2 and V3. However Tufuns radials are a nice improvement and I expect Gman's new paintkit can add even more to this model.
But there is a significant difference between the V1 and v2/v3 version and I'm planning to re-work those as well.

Cheers,
Huub

banjoman1960
July 25th, 2016, 03:55
Hi,

Was wondering did the external mdl-file even change with V3? The internal (VC) is ofcourse new.
Not at home so could not check.

Marcel

Yes............there a smal changes.....

griphos
July 25th, 2016, 04:40
Another one....I have noticed that the hot key for landing lights only turns of the port landing light but on the external view both go out!? So when doing the check list you need to switch the two off individually...!? However the Pitot switches move together but not the landing lights?Cheers,Tim.In order to make the two cockpit landing light switches work independently, one (the left) is coded for landing lights (there is only one coded light for both wings) and the other for taxi lights (which the plane doesn't have). So using keyboard for landing lights will only move the left switch. It's a little sleight of hand to allow the switches not to be ganged. Again, the pitot switches move together since there is no separate code for left and right pitot heat.

Timmy74
July 25th, 2016, 12:42
In order to make the two cockpit landing light switches work independently, one (the left) is coded for landing lights (there is only one coded light for both wings) and the other for taxi lights (which the plane doesn't have). So using keyboard for landing lights will only move the left switch. It's a little sleight of hand to allow the switches not to be ganged. Again, the pitot switches move together since there is no separate code for left and right pitot heat.

Message read and understood.

Cheers,
Tim.

triflyman
July 26th, 2016, 14:31
Just my 2 cents worth....

I have noticed that there is no real difference between the F9 and F11 view keys...!? F10 is the left engine view which is great! F12 is the right engine view which is great too! But I do not understand F11 being the same as F9?

Could the outside locked spot view be added to the F11 key instead of having another interior view please? Or if someone knows which entry in the aircraft.cfg file I can change to get an lock spot view (rather than spending a lot of time hitting the A or S key) that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim.

I would also like to know how to change the F11 key to Outside Spot Locked.

Thanks.

AussieMan
July 26th, 2016, 18:30
And greedy as I sometimes am I would love to see a version with short air intakes, although I realise that this would cause many changes to the textures.

Cheers,
Huub

Huub, there is a reason for the long and short intakes. C-47/DC-3s fitted with the short intakes are powered by Wright Cyclone engines whereas aircraft fitted with long intakes are powered by P&W engines. Because the P&W engines are twin row 14 cylinder this necessitated a longer cowling hence the longer intake.

YoYo
July 26th, 2016, 22:18
Btw.

Sometimes I have TAIL WHEEL ..... twisted from the beginning . :dizzy:

Any idea why, I cant center its? It looks like a bug. On/off tail wheel = the same issue (P3Dv3).

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/Nowy-1JPG_apxahhe.jpg

BendyFlyer
July 27th, 2016, 02:04
Any views on whether to have Accusim ON or OFF for this model?
I am undecided but have begin to discover that it is not a good idea on some sim models and actually messes them up. Guess there is only one way to find out!

GypsyBaron
July 27th, 2016, 02:48
I am undecided but have begin to discover that it is not a good idea on some sim models and actually messes them up. Guess there is only one way to find out!

You, of course, mean Accu-Feel. Accusim is only available on the A2A aircraft. Accu-Feel is the addon for
non-Accusim aircraft.

Paul

banjoman1960
July 27th, 2016, 05:29

ON:ernaehrung004:

griphos
July 27th, 2016, 06:31
The tailwheel issue is not a bug. It's "twisted" because it is free castoring unless you have the tailwheel lock on, which you should once you are straight on the runway and ready for takeoff, but not when taxiing. In the shot you provide, a tailwheel will look just like that after turning the plane. Once you start moving, it will turn straight. It just follows the motion of the tail across the ground.

i don't think Accufeel causes any problems. Try it both ways and see which you prefer.

YoYo
July 27th, 2016, 08:05
The tailwheel issue is not a bug. It's "twisted" because it is free castoring unless you have the tailwheel lock on, which you should once you are straight on the runway and ready for takeoff, but not when taxiing. In the shot you provide, a tailwheel will look just like that after turning the plane. Once you start moving, it will turn straight. It just follows the motion of the tail across the ground.

i don't think Accufeel causes any problems. Try it both ways and see which you prefer.

You have right but ..... the tailwheel wasn't blocked here and whole taxi/rolling/start it was in this postion - so it looks like issue.
I'll check it again and back here with this info.

This kind of behavior You have in A2A T-6 Texan for example and no any problem here. When You start taxi and rolling the tailwheel backs to the center posiotion. It's normal. Ok I'll check it again.

griphos
July 27th, 2016, 11:24
Yes, please do check again, as I have never had any problem with the tailwheel animation centering itself upon taxi. I've done a number of taxi tests in external view during beta testing.

YoYo
July 28th, 2016, 21:41
Sometimes I have TAIL WHEEL ..... twisted from the beginning.

Hi, checked again.

Sorry but it looks like the issue or animation issue (P3Dv3) for me. Here the aircraft was in the move (taxi and take off). The tailwheel is again twisted in whole rolling and take off but in VC tailwheel was unlocked (OFF).
When I reload aircraft (Menu>vehicle>choice again) is ok.

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/Nowy-12jp_apnxspp.jpg

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Nowy-1JPG_apnxspx.jpg

mgr
July 29th, 2016, 00:18
Sorry for the cross-post, yet i fear it will be become snowed under in the original post.

Original post:
=========

Started on my first repaint, of the ZU-8 VIP livery of the RNLAF. These have anti-glare black painted on the inside of there engines, there i ran into a mapping problem.
http://garfield.home.xs4all.nl/pics/mapping-problem-engine.png

Don't know how easy this is to fix?

Regards,

Marcel

PS
Just find out that the cowl-flaps are also mapped in a way you can not make a different inside and outside repaint of the engines. Hope this also can be fixed, else i've to become very creative with this repaint ;-)

griphos
July 29th, 2016, 07:26
I think the tailwheel issue is probably sim rather than model related. I fly in P3Dv3.3.5 also and can't replicate this. The fact that reloading the aircraft fixed it indicates to me that the sim itself was a little buggy.

Obie311
July 29th, 2016, 19:18
First of all, I find it amazing that there hasn't been a lot of comment about the virtual "co-pilot" checklist and soundfiles.

This is one of the finest and most useful features of this release or any release. Payware developers should take notice and incorporate a similar feature in their future releases of crew served aircraft.

The voices are fantastically appropriate for the DC3/C47. I even like my nagging co-pilot Ernie (Gann?). However I wish he'd configure the cowl flaps himself on final as I have my hands full. I haven't heard the Stewardess (Flight Attendants hadn't been invented) yet but in my mind I can hear her saying "Can I get you boys some coffee?" midflight.

Can we be presumptuous enough at this point (I don't want to appear ungrateful for all the hard work so far) to suggest a couple more entries for the voice checklist?

We could start a thread devoted to this if there is enough assent and interest.

For example, I think "Tailwheel - LOCKED" in the before take-off and pre-landing checklist is a must.

Obie

billhuntsman
July 29th, 2016, 20:00
This seems to be the thread for reporting any issues, so I will add another one. Sometimes the loading panel (Shift 2) shows the pilot and copilot weights at 170 and sometimes the aircraft loads with these two entries blank and grayed out. When that happens, there is no way to add/change their missing weights. The only fix seems to be a restart of FSX. I cannot see a pattern. It just seems to be a random issue.

Bill

ncooper
July 29th, 2016, 21:20
First of all, I find it amazing that there hasn't been a lot of comment about the virtual "co-pilot" checklist and soundfiles.

This is one of the finest and most useful features of this release or any release.
Obie

We were also wondering and thought perhaps that many people hadn't noticed it?

Maverick_85
July 29th, 2016, 22:42
Greetings!

First..

What a masterpiece,, Guys!!!

I fly in dx10 mode in FSX,, but i havent the famous startup smoke effect.. In dx9 mode, it works fine..
anyone else have this issue?

kind regrads

Janick

BendyFlyer
July 30th, 2016, 02:08
For the team.
First well done.
Second I have found the model to be accurate in all flight regimes and all the VC instrument indications correct for various attitudes and powers settings. On a lower speed PC with Rex Weather and FPS locked at 22 there were slight texture load delays but only when switching views but no hit or lag caused by the model/textures in themselves. I had no texture or graphic issues. Apart from the known U/S areas (lighting/sperry AP) I have experienced no problems and the fidelity of both sound and performance is excellent.

Navigation equipment is all working (except the O/H) and the Bus/Gen Voltage Reading selector is currently inoperative. The aircraft navigation equipment performs well and is stable and accurate. The ILS is operative BUT there are no marker beacons or ILS HI/LO switch and the com/vol control box appears not to do anything although switch sounds are heard.

Control of systems etc via the SHIFT+4 control and master configuration panel is fine, full AP simulation and control including APP coupling is operative but noting the manual and release type that is day VFR only (ILS was flown in day VFR couple on AP then manually and checked).

Not sure if the vacuum system is operative, AI can be adjusted (Mouse scroll works for me) but appears to give erroneous readings, I cannot confirm the operation of vacuum from the instrumentation at present.

ncooper
July 30th, 2016, 03:53
Greetings!

First..

What a masterpiece,, Guys!!!

I fly in dx10 mode in FSX,, but i havent the famous startup smoke effect.. In dx9 mode, it works fine..
anyone else have this issue?

kind regrads

Janick

If you have the Direct X 10 fixer, then you must convert the effect before it becomes visible.
If you do not, it will remain invisible, except from some very acute angles.

511Flyer
July 30th, 2016, 05:07
I flew with two others in multi-player. The person who landed first had shut down his engines, and reported that he was seeing myself and another taxying with stationary props. We were seeing his props turning. Upon investigation, it appears that whatever our own props were doing, the others appeared to be doing the same.

I'm aware that multi-player throws up anomalies at times, but has anybody else experienced this I wonder?

Dennis.

ps. Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but with the C47 threads becoming longer and more varied, it would be easy to miss.

gray eagle
July 30th, 2016, 05:34
Me too +1 :encouragement:
A nice variation of the DC_3/C47. I did some research on those antennas and found out interesting info concerning the side mounted antennas on the nose:

The "Rebecca" system was mounted on the C-47 Skytrain. "Rebecca" was the receiver for the "Eureka" system that paratroopers used on the ground during an airborne landing. The PPN-1 or PPN-2 "Eureka" was a beacon that put out a signal for the C-47s to follow. Almost every C-47 that flew in Normandy and later had the AN-147 and AN-148 Antennas mounted on the nose for "Rebecca".

After reading the above, I get the impression that the AN-147/148 antennas were exclusive to the Army version of the C-47; not so much the civilian version (DC-3) as they weren't interested
in using that kind of electronics that was developed for military use.

Just some info I wanted to share. It is different to see a DC-3 with "Whiskers" :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

edakridge
July 30th, 2016, 06:07
I have to second the remark about the checklists and copilot voices. This is just "Over the Top"! You guys have really set the bar high, not only for freeware but payware developers! The more that I fly this bird the more in love with it I become. I can't wait to see what will come with future versions.

griphos
July 30th, 2016, 06:22
The prop issue in MP is a well known issue with many planes, including A2A. Not sure why it happens with some planes, even most planes, but not others. I've flown hundreds of hours in MP and have noticed this with most planes most of the time.

JimH
July 30th, 2016, 09:25
If you have the Direct X 10 fixer, then you must convert the effect before it becomes visible.
If you do not, it will remain invisible, except from some very acute angles.

Could you please be a little more explicit about what you mean by "convert the effect." Is this a particular adjustment in the Fixer? Or...?

Thanks

ncooper
July 30th, 2016, 10:19
If you have the fixer and have installed a new effect, you will see this

https://s19.postimg.org/tggsfk8b7/Untitled.jpg

If you wish to convert effects,do this

https://s19.postimg.org/tui4f5ser/Untitled1.jpg

Hartwig
July 31st, 2016, 03:38
Here at DC3-Airways the new C-47 V3 is becoming very popular.
Thi is the best DC-3 ever. Compliments and many thanks to the team.
The exterior model may need a correction and the aircraft.cfg [lights] the corresponding numbers to locate the light.
Cheers
Hartwig

billhuntsman
July 31st, 2016, 19:05
I was able to track down some more about the missing pilot and copilot weights. If the battery is off, these weights are grayed out and cannot be changed. When the battery is turned on, these weights appear. This is a pretty minor issue, except for the fact that I usually do the fuel and cargo/passenger loading before starting the checklists and the battery is normally off before the copilot says to turn it on.

Another item I noticed is that although the radio altimeter can be set to either 0-300 or 0-3000 ft as described in the manual, the altitude alert gauge can only be set to 0-300. The manual says that this is dual range as well.

Again, I hope these are not taken as criticisms. I love the aircraft, but I figure that you would want to know any bugs we find.

Bill

griphos
August 1st, 2016, 05:54
The alert gauge sounds at the appropriate altitude according to how the altimeter is set, and so doesn't need different ranges displayed.

I think the reasoning on weights is that pilot weights only count when they are in the plane, and the battery is usually on when that is the case, but that's just my guess. You can calculate them before the flight, but you adjust them only once in the plane.

billhuntsman
August 1st, 2016, 06:45
Thanks. I can see the logic regarding the battery switch, but the manual says that the alert gauge is used to set the altitude for alert and it lists the possibilities as 0-300 or 0-3000. I have not found any way to set an altitude alert higher than 300 feet. So I think either the manual is in error or the alert does not function properly, yet. When the radio altimeter is in the higher range (0-3000) the alert still goes no higher than 300 feet.

ZsoltB
August 1st, 2016, 08:14
The exterior model may need a correction and the aircraft.cfg [lights] the corresponding numbers to locate the light.
Cheers
Hartwig

+1 :applause:

Timmy74
August 1st, 2016, 12:56
Could the flight crew ie: Pilot and co-pilot please appear (external view) when you begin or click on the check list please!? My crew do not show until the brakes are released and you begin to taxi.

Cheers,
Tim.

griphos
August 1st, 2016, 13:26
Thanks. I can see the logic regarding the battery switch, but the manual says that the alert gauge is used to set the altitude for alert and it lists the possibilities as 0-300 or 0-3000. I have not found any way to set an altitude alert higher than 300 feet. So I think either the manual is in error or the alert does not function properly, yet. When the radio altimeter is in the higher range (0-3000) the alert still goes no higher than 300 feet.

As I understand it, the alert will show 0-300 still, but what that number (say, 300) signifies depends on whether the altitude is set for 0-300 or 0-3000. If set for 0-3000, you should add a 0 to whatever the the alert gauge reads. In other words, the alert gauge will then be setting from 10-3000 in 10 ft increments. Have you tested it in flight, setting the altitude for 0-3000 and the alert gauge for 300? At what altitude do you hear the alert?

ZsoltB
August 1st, 2016, 13:26
Cheers
Hartwig

Here the missing beacon light: light.0 = 1, -35.70, -1.70, -2.70, fx_beacon , :mixed-smiley-010:

billhuntsman
August 1st, 2016, 13:40
As I understand it, the alert will show 0-300 still, but what that number (say, 300) signifies depends on whether the altitude is set for 0-300 or 0-3000. If set for 0-3000, you should add a 0 to whatever the the alert gauge reads. In other words, the alert gauge will then be setting from 10-3000 in 10 ft increments. Have you tested it in flight, setting the altitude for 0-3000 and the alert gauge for 300? At what altitude do you hear the alert?

Yes, I have tested it in flight. When the radio altimeter was set to the higher range (0-3000) and the alert was set to 200 feet (which should be 2000 ft at the higher range). The radio altimeter did work correctly, showing 2000 ft when I was that far above ground, but the alert never went off until I was 200 feet above ground. I have tested it several times and the alert always goes off in the 0-300 ft range no matter what the radio altimeter range is.

griphos
August 1st, 2016, 15:14
Okay, I'll double check this on my end as well and pass it along to the team.

JosefK
August 1st, 2016, 18:01
for what it's worth, I tried the "That's All Brother" repaint with V3 and it worked excellent.

Thanks for doing that test!

ncooper
August 1st, 2016, 21:34
Yes, I have tested it in flight. When the radio altimeter was set to the higher range (0-3000) and the alert was set to 200 feet (which should be 2000 ft at the higher range). The radio altimeter did work correctly, showing 2000 ft when I was that far above ground, but the alert never went off until I was 200 feet above ground. I have tested it several times and the alert always goes off in the 0-300 ft range no matter what the radio altimeter range is.

I am not a real world pilot, can you explain to me why a pilot would require a height alert at 3000 feet?

Alky
August 1st, 2016, 21:46
I am not a real world pilot, can you explain to me why a pilot would require a height alert at 3000 feet?

I'm not a pilot either, but I'm guessing it's for flying over mountainous terrain (?)

paulopp
August 1st, 2016, 23:19
Hello,

without a doubt the C-47 V3 is great! Period.

However, mostly by repainters the 'C-47' is treated as if there ever was just one version of it. C-47Bs (R4D-6, Dakota Mk. IV) are treated as C-47As (Mk. III). So, I wondered if there are plans to equip the model with high blowers and the more powerful R-1830-94 engines? I also ask because the beauty of FSX-Acc is that its coding for the first time provides for superchargers alernatively to the turbochargers with which all simulators prior had to live with.

alain0568
August 2nd, 2016, 00:43
Hello

Congratulations to all the team for this gem!:applause:
I like to have a 2D window radios like editing picture is attached:

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/39/89/45/radios10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/view/11398945/1578)

Is it possible?
Thank you!
Cordially!

Alain

griphos
August 2nd, 2016, 06:24
A pilot may desire to have an altitude at any level for various reasons, but I can't really think why it would be limited to 0-3000 if it's going to be more than 300. It's a radio altimeter, so it calls out height above terrain. Perhaps in mountainous terrain, where ground level changes rapidly, up to 3000 could be a useful safety margin rather than a limit of 300, which is quite low.

Having no no time at all in this type, I do not know how the real instrument worked. Perhaps those with time can tell us.

billhuntsman
August 2nd, 2016, 06:30
I am not a pilot, so I don't know either. However, I can imagine that a warning at 800 or 1000 ft might be useful for entering a pattern around an airport or for mountain flying. I have to admit that this is the first dual-range altitude alert I have seen, but I'm only going by what the manual says.

Bill

Jafo
August 2nd, 2016, 06:33
Could be a reminder when going up.....that the A/C isn't pressurized ...;)

slimcooper2016
August 2nd, 2016, 20:02
Hello, First I want to say great job on a beautiful plane!
I was wondering if there was a way to revert the F9 and F11 views back to VC and fixed spot without losing the camera views that came with the aircraft. I just use the fixed spot more than the left engine view for instance. I like having all the view options but im a creature of habit and I keep hitting F9 or F11 instead of the S key, lol. Thank you either way and once again, beautiful plane

BendyFlyer
August 3rd, 2016, 01:45

Alky the radio altimeter (radalt) is to provide terrain awareness and closure both, in my previous flying career the radalt was set to 150 ft for an ILS and 300 ft for a non precision approach, you will note both are well below the published minimums for either type of approach, the radalt has to some degree been superseded in commercial operations by TCAS which uses aircraft momentum to both provide a warning and direction to go for an imminent collision (terrain or aircraft). If your in an out of mountainous terrain especially in cloud and at night the capacity to have an accurate reading of your actual height above terrain was invaluable given the shortcomings of barometric altimeters, so knowing that helped what is called situational awareness not a warning as such. Hope this explains the operational use better. In the flying I did we did a lot of below lowest safe altitude flight day and night (in cloud and rain) and would go down to below 300 ft by day and 600 ft by night, you kept your eyes glued to the attitude indicator and rad alt reading both and put a lot of trust in the guys up the back running the radar gear not to steer you in the wrong direction. I might add that this was done with a backup plan if it all turned to crap, namely you worked out where you were going to go and how fast you needed to climb if it all went bad for what ever reason. With TCAS we used to have a saying that the yank came out of the cupboard, 'TERRAIN TERRAIN, TOO LOW, PULL UP, PULLUP", when this happened but we had modified aircraft so TCAS was disabled before descent and reengaged once 1500 ft above terrain was achieved.

cavaricooper
August 10th, 2016, 02:52
The more time I spend with v3, the more I appreciate your collective efforts- ta!

In the spirit of pursuit of perfection....

Has there been any mention of some slight yaw interaction resulting in a small spurious yaw moment during climbing and descending turns? AM is probably all over this...

The center DOT on the artificial horizon could be lowered.

All static wicks droop without change.

Will there be "detents" for auto-rich and auto-lean?

Surely these small niggles do NOT detract from what is already superb, but if there is interest in these matters, it would be splendid.

I remain ever obliged- C

menef
August 10th, 2016, 03:07
With the same spirit of the previous post :
1) It should be nice to have also a model with the passengers seats
along with the current one only for jumpers operations.
2) Forward door behind the cockpit : open/close with access stair.
:very_drunk::applause:

griphos
August 10th, 2016, 18:01
The more time I spend with v3, the more I appreciate your collective efforts- ta!

Has there been any mention of some slight yaw interaction resulting in a small spurious yaw moment during climbing and descending turns? AM is probably all over this...

Will there be "detents" for auto-rich and auto-lean?

Could you explain a bit more about the first one?

I don't think there will be detents. I'm not sure there were in the original, but there is ongoing work on the auto-mixture function.

With the same spirit of the previous post :
1) It should be nice to have also a model with the passengers seats
along with the current one only for jumpers operations.
2) Forward door behind the cockpit : open/close with access stair.
:very_drunk::applause:

1) Since this is a C-47, and not a DC-3, I don't think there are any plans for a version with pax seats. She may not be a paratroop ship, but she's always a cargo ship. :-)

2) I'll pass this along.

cavaricooper
August 11th, 2016, 02:46
I will do my best to explain what I'm seeing...

There is a bit of yaw dynamic (other than that normally expected) going on. The rate of application needed changes "suddenly" in climbing and descending turns. The last build (v2) had very steady and "expected" yaw input demand... This one feels a bit different. I am leaving my feet flat on the floor more as the rudder application, when required, seems but pressure. Then when adding bank it "suddenly" requires much more. Inversely when going wings level this effect "suddenly" requires much less.

There was a calm exponential feel in v2... A bit frenetic in this current beta.

In re. the mixture detents... Maybe I am confused... But v2 did indicate AR and AL in addition to % did she not...? That would be great if actual/visual detents were not possible.

Again, I want to emphasize these are NOT a showstoppers, just thoughts for continued movement towards C-47 nirvana.... LOST HORIZON here I come ;)

I remain obliged- C

Jafo
August 11th, 2016, 04:24
1) Since this is a C-47, and not a DC-3, I don't think there are any plans for a version with pax seats. She may not be a paratroop ship, but she's always a cargo ship. :-)

44-76770 was a C47B-30-DK....RAAF A65-98 now VH-OVM and has pax seats.......nudge nudge...;)

Here's me sitting on one of 'em....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41782&stc=1

alehead
August 11th, 2016, 05:44

I don't think there will be detents. I'm not sure there were in the original, but there is ongoing work on the auto-mixture function.

From my understanding of the info on dc3-hangar.com, as well as the POH, my educated guess would be that there are detents. The paddles on the mixture levers would enable you to release the lever from the detent to move it to the next. With AUTO LEAN and AUTO RICH, there would be no reason for any position between these settings, the same applies to any lever positions between AUTO RICH and FULL RICH.

It would be very cool to have some form of click sound to indicate that you had reached the respective setting, if only to make it easier to judge exactly where the setting is on the various checklists (which are an exceptional tool in this aircraft).

Cheers

Andrew

alehead
August 11th, 2016, 05:45
I have only had time to spend about an hour or two in the C47 so far unfortunately. But, I have to say it is a beautiful package, both inside and out. I have been "in love" with the DC-3 and its military variants ever since I was a child. The panel is a dream to look at, only that classic smell of metal and oil that all aircraft of this era possess is missing. The sound package is beautiful, music to my ears! I once sat in the captain's seat of LN-WND at Flying Legends 2 years ago. "Sitting" in the current VVC takes me back to then, as LN-WND has a pretty much accurate cockpit of the very early 50s, other than one or two necessary modern gauges and GPS... it is a beautifully restored aircraft... Now I can fly LN-WND myself thanks to DaveWG and his lovely repaint :)

Accepting that this is currently "only" a beta, there are two things that I have noticed so far that I could not find in any thread or post. I have a hardware setup currently of two separate throttle levers (a virtual-fly TQ6 is on order, yummy) on a Warthog throttle unit. The throttle levers in the VVC make a resounding "clunk" noise when they are set to full idle, 0%. However, this sound loops when I advance the right throttle lever beyond say 3 or 4%, which is necessary to tighten turns while taxiing. As soon as the left throttle lever is advanced to a similar setting, the clunk sound disappears (or when I return the right lever to its idle setting).
The second issue concerns the sounds of the engines and propellers being linked to the throttle lever positions. Could someone maybe confirm that changing the prop rpm actually changes the sound made by the props. So far, I could not tell, as it appears to me that the sound only changes if I move the throttle levers. Maybe I am wrong here.

Thank you to the entire team, who has worked and is still working on this. I would say this is THE freeware aircraft of the year, at least so far. Can't wait to see what the team adds to it (including the lighting for low-light and night operations).

I am in awe of your talents, all of you. I am humbled by your willingness to do this for the community for free. Thank you.

Andrew

triflyman
August 11th, 2016, 09:16
From my understanding of the info on dc3-hangar.com, as well as the POH, my educated guess would be that there are detents. The paddles on the mixture levers would enable you to release the lever from the detent to move it to the next. With AUTO LEAN and AUTO RICH, there would be no reason for any position between these settings, the same applies to any lever positions between AUTO RICH and FULL RICH.

It would be very cool to have some form of click sound to indicate that you had reached the respective setting, if only to make it easier to judge exactly where the setting is on the various checklists (which are an exceptional tool in this aircraft).

Cheers

Andrew

I first placed the throttles so the "Auto Rich" pointer would point about mid-way on the throttle lever...but co-pilot would not clear the checklist. So played around and found that had to move the throttles where the pointer would point to almost the very back of the lever and then he would accept they were in "Auto-Rich". No way to test "Auto-Lean" as is not on the checklist. We need some indication (a click sound would work) of when we are in Auto-Rich and Auto-Lean.

Thanks.

triflyman
August 11th, 2016, 12:22

2) I'll pass this along.

Very sorry to hear no pax seats version. I fly only Propliners on airline schedules and would much prefer to have a real AirStair Door with pax seats inside. When I saw on the "Monitor" window that there was a "Ramp" designation (although it is not active) I was hopeful a pax version was coming. But the whole rest of the aircraft is so outstanding I'll learn to squint my eyes so as to not see it.

alehead
August 11th, 2016, 14:09

Accepting that this is currently "only" a beta, there are two things that I have noticed so far that I could not find in any thread or post. I have a hardware setup currently of two separate throttle levers (a virtual-fly TQ6 is on order, yummy) on a Warthog throttle unit. The throttle levers in the VVC make a resounding "clunk" noise when they are set to full idle, 0%. However, this sound loops when I advance the right throttle lever beyond say 3 or 4%, which is necessary to tighten turns while taxiing. As soon as the left throttle lever is advanced to a similar setting, the clunk sound disappears (or when I return the right lever to its idle setting).
The second issue concerns the sounds of the engines and propellers being linked to the throttle lever positions. Could someone maybe confirm that changing the prop rpm actually changes the sound made by the props. So far, I could not tell, as it appears to me that the sound only changes if I move the throttle levers. Maybe I am wrong here.
Andrew

I can add now, after a beautiful test flight across Norway from LN-WND's base in Torp to Stavanger Sola, that the odd prop lever sound click is only when the left lever is idle and the right is advanced. As soon as the left is advanced a little, the clicking stops...

My feeling is that the prop pitch levers have no effect on the engine sounds when moved...

Andrew

alehead
August 12th, 2016, 01:39
My feeling is that the prop pitch levers have no effect on the engine sounds when moved...

Andrew

Sorry, but I cannot edit my post any more.

As a complete layman in terms of addon research development, I have absolutely no idea how difficult it would be to tie the propeller noise to the prop pitch lever position. I found a rather illustrative video on Youtube that was taken in the cockpit of a Finnish DC-3. You can clearly hear and see that the pilot cycles the props at maybe 1500 or 1700rpm or so to test the governors, and you hear the propeller noise change with no change in throttle lever position during the test.
It would be exceptionally cool to have this feature on this aircraft too, instead of the propeller sounds being linked solely to the throttle lever positions. I have no idea how it is done or what work is required. The soundset is excellent at the moment, this would be the cat's whiskers if enabled.

Andrew

gaab
August 12th, 2016, 03:26
Since this is a C-47, and not a DC-3, I don't think there are any plans for a version with pax seats. She may not be a paratroop ship, but she's always a cargo ship. :-)

I already saw here various repaints of military C-47 obviously equiped with pax seats : just one example with the Montgomery personal plane.

A lovely job by Ted on Monties personal transport.

Anyone fancy doing another 24Sqn paint.. KG770? It's a CIII which took the King and Queen to the Channel Islands after the war.

ATB

I am convinced that you will find more military C-47 which transported passengers...

Cheers ;)

Gérard

griphos
August 12th, 2016, 04:35
I wasn't saying that no C-47 carried pax, just that this C-47 likely won't. That's just my sense from conversation among the developers. Things change, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ted has already done an interesting job of trying to manipulate the sound files to represent variable pitch propellers and tie the sound to some extent to prop pitch within the limits of the sim. I believe he continues to work on sound and will probably chime in to tell us what is possible.

I can't replicate the throttle sound you describe. None of the beta testers reported any issue like that. Any others experience it?

There are auto-rich and auto-lean indicators on the mixture quadrant of course. I don't believe there are detents, but I will bring it up to the team. I'm not sure that such detents can or should be added to the animation since as it stands now, adjustment of mixture is still a work in progress, I believe, and may always be incremental. I believe the way some developers get around this issue is to enable the equivalent of the sim's auto-mixture option when a certain mixture setting is selected. That may be possible here, but wouldn't be different for auto-lean as from auto-rich. But I'm no developer, and so don't really know.

Bjoern
August 12th, 2016, 07:00
It's perfectly possible to replicate the real DC-3's throttle quadrant with its four detents, but requires a bit of thinking outside the box in terms of XML code to provide a convincing animation and interaction. Actual mixture as used by the flight dynamics is then handled by a systems gauge in the background.

Alky
August 12th, 2016, 10:52
It's perfectly possible to replicate the real DC-3's throttle quadrant with its four detents,

Even the movement to lean or rich as in V2 would be good. :)

J.M.CASTILLA
August 12th, 2016, 11:40
you can use provisional
c window 172 window01
copy and paste the file panel
last number add
Window07 = RADIO_STACK_PANEL C172

then
do shift + 8
and window exits
note; It has a problem regarding ident
but those who do not use track go
It is advantageous to have 2D window
-----------------------------------
copy and paste

[Window07]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156,308
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
zorder=3

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0,156,31
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29,156,59
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86,156,59
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0,142,156,41
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0,180,156,41
gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0,217,156,49
gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0,262,156,48
windowsize_ratio=1.000
window_pos=0.756,0.358
window_size=0.243,0.641
----------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/rxJuJy9.jpg

now use this
and permission of the author
2d original radio work
Thank you

J.M.CASTILLA
August 12th, 2016, 21:04
Hello

Congratulations to all the team for this gem!:applause:
I like to have a 2D window radios like editing picture is attached:

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/39/89/45/radios10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/view/11398945/1578)

Is it possible?
Thank you!
Cordially!

Alain

you can use provisional
c window 172 window01
copy and paste the file panel
last number add
Window07 = RADIO_STACK_PANEL C172

-----------------------------------
copy and paste
[Window07]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156,308
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
zorder=3
gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0,156,31
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29,156,59
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86,156,59
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0,142,156,41
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0,180,156,41
gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0,217,156,49
gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0,262,156,48
windowsize_ratio=1.000
window_pos=0.756,0.358
window_size=0.243,0.641
------------------

alain0568
August 13th, 2016, 00:21
Hello, J.M. Castilla,

Yes, I had already used the radio pack, by default!
But I do not like these modern radios in older aircraft.
That's why I did the demand for these radios 170 King! Hope that's possible!
Have a good day!

Alain

J.M.CASTILLA
August 13th, 2016, 02:15
Hello, J.M. Castilla,

Yes, I had already used the radio pack, by default!
But I do not like these modern radios in older aircraft.
That's why I did the demand for these radios 170 King! Hope that's possible!
Have a good day!

Alain
ok
2d is to look after the same radio
in another plane of your hangar
2nd photo is to create radio
32-bit photo to bmp
and in the same place xml
with fspanel program
-------------------------------------
Now I look at the position of doing the same in 2 D
and I speak
of the project
Thank you

alain0568
August 13th, 2016, 04:03
Hello,

-Thank You for your instructions!
However, I am not able to make these adjustments !!:banghead:
Have a good day

Alain

J.M.CASTILLA
August 13th, 2016, 04:26
Hello,

-Thank You for your instructions!
However, I am not able to make these adjustments !!:banghead:
Have a good day

Alain
do not worry
I do it for you
----------------
already
notice
Thank you

alain0568
August 13th, 2016, 04:36
Hello again,

-It's Very nice!:encouragement:
-Thank you for your work!

Alain
-

cavaricooper
August 13th, 2016, 10:29
Would you please consider sharing the relevant text here as well?

Ta!

C

TREETOP
August 13th, 2016, 15:46
Thanks for this great aircraft.:applause:
It gives someone like me, who is not a pilot, some challenges and is still fun to fly.

I have an observation regarding the F10, F11 and F12 keys.
What I have noticed is if you change planes without rebooting the sim the F10, F11 and F12 keys are inoperative in any other plane.

This is not a problem for me, but thought I would mention it in case there is a simple solution that I am missing.

Thanks again to all who put the countless hours into this sim for the rest of us.

J.M.CASTILLA
August 25th, 2016, 10:14
I wanted to have radios on 2 d
I do not use track ir
and it is difficult to access radios
So I wanted 2d radios
:banghead:
tried all radios 2 d
my pc in Stock
none move the wheel 2d
install 170
install 175
other aircraft
3d positive
2d negative
It does not function
I am sorry
not possible for me 2d window
2d not function wheel
-------------------
function wheel yes
adf yes
transponder yes
dme yes
-------------------
function wheel negative
radio com1 do not
radio com 2 do not
vor 1 do not
vor 2 do not
-------------------
-------------
sorry
to all

Penzoil3
August 25th, 2016, 14:13
I have always loved the MAAMsim DC-3. I thought it was wonderful. I just switched from the C-47 V3 beta, to the MAAMsim DC-3 in mid flight, just to compare. I'll probably never fly the MAAMsim DC-3 again. There is no comparision. The sound set alone makes it pale, add the hi-res VC, and forget the DC-3 !
Sue

billhuntsman
August 25th, 2016, 19:44
Another bit of feedback for the team. It is a very minor issue, but the ON/OFF switch for the NAV2 radio does not turn this radio off. When it is off, it does prevent the radio from being tuned. However, it still receives signals and affects the RMI needle. If the VOR2 needle in the RMI is pointing to a station and then the NAV2 radio is turned off, the needle still points to the station. It only goes to its off position if the frequency of the NAV2 radio is changed. The ON/OFF switches for NAV1 and COM radios may also be similar, but I did not test them.

Also, I don't know how feasible it is for the programming of this aircraft, but it would be nice if the fuel quantities in the tanks would persist from the last flight, rather than resetting every time you start a new flight.

Bill

griphos
August 26th, 2016, 05:08
Noted. Thanks for the detailed feedback. I've also thought it would be nice to have persistent fuel states, a la A2A.

Jafo
August 26th, 2016, 16:05
I have always loved the MAAMsim DC-3. I thought it was wonderful. I just switched from the C-47 V3 beta, to the MAAMsim DC-3 in mid flight, just to compare. I'll probably never fly the MAAMsim DC-3 again. There is no comparision. The sound set alone makes it pale, add the hi-res VC, and forget the DC-3 !
Sue

I first did my "Melbourne's Gooney Bird" paint for the MAAMsim plane and since the release of the V3 have done the same paint for it too....so can switch between the same aircraft in both models....and the determination as to which is better is a 'no-brainer'. Admittedly the first paint was done in 2012...and the V3 one is current [and still being tweaked] so the quality of paint/accuracy is better...;)

triflyman
August 26th, 2016, 17:53
Seemed to have lost my "Passengers Boarding" audio from MCE on this aircraft. Have tried it with the C-47 v3 voices activated and not activated...no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

altack
August 28th, 2016, 08:53
Hi Guys,

just a question, sorry if the topic has already been discused, does the hydraulic pressure "steam" gages are operative ?
When retracting or extending the landing gear the pressure should drop then settle back to 900 PSI and I don't see any fluctuating needle on my VC gage...

Thanks for your inputs,
Francois

Alky
August 28th, 2016, 10:49
So I tried to add sound, besides the click, to the no smoking and fasten seat belts switches but it doesn't work. At the same time I tried to add a ground roll sound. The sound files were added to the sound folder from my PMDG NGX folder along with the config entries. (for my personal use). What am I missing, is there a reason this won't work in the C-47 V3.12?
The area highlighted is my addition to the C-47's sound.cfg
Thanks for any insight. :)

http://i.imgur.com/wneWVHD.jpg

Ron Attwood
August 28th, 2016, 11:02
I've only one observation to make about this great piece of work. The seat rattling! I've checked through the whole of this thread and no-one else has mentioned it. Apart from being too loud (I could edit that) they seem a bit haphazard and come in and go out 'arbitrarily'
Not enough to stop me using it but I thought I'd give it a mention.

:very_drunk:

ncooper
August 28th, 2016, 11:12
The PMDG J4 and J5 sounds are silent.
No idea about the ground roll file which does at least play.
I would suggest you use the entries from one of the default jets instead.

Alky
August 28th, 2016, 11:12
During one of my flights I overheard the captain and the flight attendant discussing her girdle and possibly removing said item! :mixed-smiley-010:

Alky
August 28th, 2016, 11:15
The PMDG J4 and J5 sounds are silent.

I would suggest you use the entries from one of the default jets instead.

Hmm... been a while since I've flown the NGX, I guess I didn't remember and just... assumed! :)
I'll try one of the others and test it first. Thanx!

lawlegge
August 28th, 2016, 13:04
@ Ron
I believe it is tied to groundspeed. If you are right at the trigger speed, the rattles will cut in and out accordingly...

On another note, still sound related...

Is there a way to have the "Callouts" defaulted to "ON". Just so we don't have to click it each new flight?

And - since were on the subject...
Is there a way to have the "Monitor" boxes defaulted to open as well, again so we don't have to do them each time? Still have them hidden - as in pull them up with shift+4 - but come up open (ie; in its previous or 'set' state) initially - with "Callouts" ON. Just as it does 'after' you set them up the first time...

triflyman
August 29th, 2016, 12:10
So I tried to add sound, besides the click, to the no smoking and fasten seat belts switches but it doesn't work. At the same time I tried to add a ground roll sound. The sound files were added to the sound folder from my PMDG NGX folder along with the config entries. (for my personal use). What am I missing, is there a reason this won't work in the C-47 V3.12?
The area highlighted is my addition to the C-47's sound.cfg
Thanks for any insight. :)

http://i.imgur.com/wneWVHD.jpg

Interesting that can these other sounds from other aircraft...I noticed, and missed, the little "ding" you get on most aircraft when I turn on the No Smoking and Fasten Seat Belt signs. I may try to add that from another aircraft. Thanks.

However...does anyone know if the DC-3 in airline service actually made a "ding" sound when either of these were activated? Interesting to find out.

ncooper
August 29th, 2016, 12:34
We had this discussion in the alpha\beta testing stage.
The answer seemed to be that all the known real aircraft did not have a sound
that played when the switches were moved but instead, lights were switched on
and off in the passenger cabin.
That said, there are so many versions of the DC3 and C47 that adding a sound
may well reflect what some operator or other has added for their own purposes.

cavaricooper
September 13th, 2016, 02:49
Jan et al-

Would it be possible to provide some insight into the continued development of v3, in particular Alex Metzger's revisit to the flight model? It would be much appreciated! This aeroplane enthralls in much the same way as her real life counterpart:).

Ta!

C

AussieMan
September 13th, 2016, 15:58
I too would like to see further development of this wonderful aircraft. Move it up to passenger model with proper interior. I would also like to see a 28/32 passenger version that includes a Viewmaster version.

Jafo
September 13th, 2016, 16:27
I too would like to see further development of this wonderful aircraft. Move it up to passenger model with proper interior. I would also like to see a 28/32 passenger version that includes a Viewmaster version.

Ditto .....afterall half the paints I've done are actually 16 window or Viewmasters ....;)

BendyFlyer
September 13th, 2016, 17:45
We had this discussion in the alpha\beta testing stage.
The answer seemed to be that all the known real aircraft did not have a sound
that played when the switches were moved but instead, lights were switched on
and off in the passenger cabin.
That said, there are so many versions of the DC3 and C47 that adding a sound
may well reflect what some operator or other has added for their own purposes.

Been in a lot of DC3/C47's in my time, none had chimes in the cockpit. The switch was to illuminate the signs usually on the forward cabin bulkhead. Reason for no chimes? The signs on and off were part of your checklist items and unless in really clear weather you generally left them on.

Javis
September 13th, 2016, 20:04
Jan et al- Would it be possible to provide some insight into the continued development of v3, in particular Alex Metzger's revisit to the flight model? It would be much appreciated! This aeroplane enthralls in much the same way as her real life counterpart.
Ta!
C

Well, i can't speak for Alexander of course and i am not sure about any updates regarding the flight model at this moment. Daniel and Manfred are working on a much more sophisticated Audible Checklist (totally amazing if you ask me! ) and currently i am trying to lite up the cockpit so to speak. Going quite well but it's not like it's an overnight job...

Now, on the matter of passenger service, very much looking forward to that myself. I will see to that the C-47 gets a more or less genuine DC-3 outfit, in the first place sporting the short air-intakes and dress up the cabin with a few rows of pax seats. Maybe possibly do away with the astrodome and replace the glider-tow tail with the original pointy tail.

Please do not ask for cabin windows and pax/cargo door configurations for the time being. I might look into that later as well as extending the VVC towards the cabin.

Cheers,
Jan

Jafo
September 13th, 2016, 22:26
Please do not ask for cabin windows and pax/cargo door configurations for the time being.

Cheers,
Jan

OK....just let us know when we can ask for them....;)

cavaricooper
September 14th, 2016, 02:38
Jan-

The peek behind the curtain is appreciated! I can only imagine the work involved as programming is far beyond me.

Thanks to you and the TEAM!

Best- Carl

Well, i can't speak for Alexander of course and i am not sure about any updates regarding the flight model at this moment. Daniel and Manfred are working on a much more sophisticated Audible Checklist (totally amazing if you ask me! ) and currently i am trying to lite up the cockpit so to speak. Going quite well but it's not like it's an overnight job...

Now, on the matter of passenger service, very much looking forward to that myself. I will see to that the C-47 gets a more or less genuine DC-3 outfit, in the first place sporting the short air-intakes and dress up the cabin with a few rows of pax seats. Maybe possibly do away with the astrodome and replace the glider-tow tail with the original pointy tail.

Please do not ask for cabin windows and pax/cargo door configurations for the time being. I might look into that later as well as extending the VVC towards the cabin.

Cheers,
Jan

BendyFlyer
September 14th, 2016, 03:27
.............. currently i am trying to lite up the cockpit so to speak. Going quite well but it's not like it's an overnight job...

Cheers,
Jan

Jan has someone who has grappled with the issues of VC lighting in portovers (and failed) I do not underestimate what a difficult task this and have plenty of patience so see how it all goes. As a matter of interest are you looking at guage lights and base night cabin light textures and I wont even mention the issue of shading. Keep up the good work it is appreciated.

triflyman
September 19th, 2016, 10:48
Before takeoff I click on the airplane icon (in the Monitor window) next to Cowls, for the Co-Pilot to control cowl flaps, and they open to trail (on the knobs) and usually show "8" in the Monitor. Then after I get to cruise (CHT well below 200 C) for awhile they still show "8"...so I again click on the icon and they will go down to 0 or 1. My understanding is that once I click on the icon, before takeoff, the co pilot should adjust the cowl flaps throughout the whole flight without having to click on the icon again.

Any one with any ideas on this?

Thanks,

triflyman
September 19th, 2016, 10:55
When I pull my mixture control full back the Monitor shows ".001-.273 0" and the Co-Pilot will not move on to the next checklist item until I use my mouse to scroll the mixture back to the Monitor showing ".000-.273 0" and then he will acknowledge "mixture off". I have recalibrated my throttle quadrant several times, even tried cheating by not quite pulling the mixture full back during calibration, and still get same result.

Would suggest letting the co-pilot consider a ".001-.273 0" as "mixture off".

Thanks,

Alky
September 19th, 2016, 12:18
Before takeoff I click on the airplane icon (in the Monitor window) next to Cowls, for the Co-Pilot to control cowl flaps

the co pilot should adjust the cowl flaps throughout the whole flight without having to click on the icon again.

Works for me, just click on it once during pre-flight, the co-pilot looks after it from then on and will adjust as needed. You can tell it's in co-pilot mode (auto) if the the number is highlighted. (brighter white)
I turn on the F4 monitor window as soon as I'm in the cockpit and leave it on for the entire flight. There are other features that are very useful, such as auto trim, works the same as cowels, turn it on and feggedaboutit about it. :)

triflyman
September 19th, 2016, 13:00
Works for me, just click on it once during pre-flight, the co-pilot looks after it from then on and will adjust as needed. You can tell it's in co-pilot mode (auto) if the the number is highlighted. (brighter white)
I turn on the F4 monitor window as soon as I'm in the cockpit and leave it on for the entire flight. There are other features that are very useful, such as auto trim, works the same as cowels, turn it on and feggedaboutit about it. :)

Might be that I turn it on just after run-up (mag check) before take off. Never looked to see if it went bright. Next flight I'll try turning it on during pre-flight (before start) and see what it does.

Thanks,

Alky
September 19th, 2016, 13:05
Might be that I turn it on just after run-up (mag check) before take off.

Should be on before you start the engines. On the ground, engines running, the co-pilot will have the cowl flaps open to about 8, as you take off and fly he will gradually decrease them to around 1.

seawing
September 21st, 2016, 05:45
Hi!
First of all, let me say how much I love this bird! It is really a great addition to my FSX aircraft collection and as stated by many before, a lot of payware aircraft never reach the level of this C-47! Thank you!

Practicing a few inflight emergencies (just to be prepared), I noticed that I could not restart ENG #2 in flight. ENG #1 started ok - although not with the RW procedure, but that's ok for me at this stage. So, I was wondering, do I do something wrong? Is it just my bird or do others have the same issue? Or is it just done to the beta status? I couldn't find a restart procedure in the manual.

Best regards,

Seawing

mjahn
September 21st, 2016, 09:08
Nothing intentional, no. It could be a height issue, but we need more data ... best show us the settings on the Shift-3 Control and Shift-4 Monitor panels. Then we'll try to replicate it.

seawing
September 21st, 2016, 23:42
Ok, actually from this morning's flight, it seems to be the same problem with both engine #1 and #2.
Here are the pictures. Picture 1 is just after shutdown. Picture 2 is during the restart attempt (RPM never got above 400RPM). And picture 3 is on ground after a character building single engine landing ;-) and shows that the engine didn't even start on ground. Only after both engines were stopped and a complete reset was done (engines off, all systems off, battery off) both engines could be restarted.

http://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/31745518/2016-9-22_9-15-2-769copy.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-31745518/2016-9-22_9-15-2-769copy.jpg.html)

http://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/31745532/2016-9-22_9-17-3-457copy.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-31745532/2016-9-22_9-17-3-457copy.jpg.html)

http://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/31745533/2016-9-22_9-28-6-605copy.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-31745533/2016-9-22_9-28-6-605copy.jpg.html)

Best regards,

Seawing

mjahn
September 22nd, 2016, 03:15
Okay, in order to restart go to the Control panel, the line that indicates FAIL on engine #1, the "prop" cell. Mid-click to "change unit" until you see "fth" for feather. L-click then and the failure condition will be removed and you can restart normally. Repeatedly pushing the feather button on the OH should also remove the failure condition indicated in the Control Panel.

Note that the Control panel has a failure color code advising you when things are starting to get pear-shaped. In your pic #1 "f/a" (fuel/air) ratio is shown red meaning immediate action required. The reason I believe is that you have Mixture Full Rich (=100) at 6,000 feet. Lower mixture manually or click "Mix" in Monitor panel for "set best", and things will revert to oK status (black). Same procedure basically for other failures. Especially watch out for things happening in the engine section of the Control panel.

seawing
September 22nd, 2016, 04:54
Okay, thanks! I will try that out!

Best regards,

Seawing

triflyman
September 22nd, 2016, 10:09
Should be on before you start the engines. On the ground, engines running, the co-pilot will have the cowl flaps open to about 8, as you take off and fly he will gradually decrease them to around 1.

Did as you said and that seemed to work. Thanks.

triflyman
September 22nd, 2016, 10:16
Note that the Control panel has a failure color code advising you when things are starting to get pear-shaped. In your pic #1 "f/a" (fuel/air) ratio is shown red meaning immediate action required. The reason I believe is that you have Mixture Full Rich (=100) at 6,000 feet.

Checklist calls for Mixture to go to Full Rich and the Co-Pilot won't clear the item until this is done. Recently did some flights into airports that were >6,500 ft. and with the first two landings the engines died during roll-out...had to restart by pulling mixture back to 50% and keep at Auto-Rich while taxing in. Now, instead of going to Full Rich ,as instructed by the checklist, I put the mixture at Auto-Rich for all landings and tell the co-pilot to skip that item...then things are fine. I did notice that the manual says to go to Auto-Rich, not full rich, on final approach.

Appears the checklist needs to be corrected.

mjahn
September 22nd, 2016, 11:43
Agree, "Before Landing" checklist should have Mixture: Auto Rich rather than Full Rich. Thanks.

mjahn
September 22nd, 2016, 22:01
When I pull my mixture control full back the Monitor shows ".001-.273 0" and the Co-Pilot will not move on to the next checklist item until I use my mouse to scroll the mixture back to the Monitor showing ".000-.273 0" and then he will acknowledge "mixture off". I have recalibrated my throttle quadrant several times, even tried cheating by not quite pulling the mixture full back during calibration, and still get same result. Would suggest letting the co-pilot consider a ".001-.273 0" as "mixture off".

Yup, another good point. In the next version we are going to have popup support for running through the checklist, and for pilot training items can be set directly from the list.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51024107/Screenshot%202016-09-19.jpg

triflyman
September 23rd, 2016, 06:47
Yup, another good point. In the next version we are going to have popup support for running through the checklist, and for pilot training items can be set directly from the list.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51024107/Screenshot%202016-09-19.jpg

This would be fantastic...eliminate having to print out a Checklist for each flight plus it let's me stay in the Sim. Thank you.

griphos
September 23rd, 2016, 09:47
There's already a good checklist you can access through the Control Panels. This is just continued work on improving it (and very nice improvements they are!).

DCA1161
September 23rd, 2016, 22:42
With the latest update of P3D (version 3.4) the position of the CG in aircraft has been changed. With the default setting for payload on the Control Panel (shift 2) the Trim TO xx) was set to 0. Now it is Trim (TO +3.1). I am right to understand that this number has to be adjusted in the next update of th C-47 V3?
Roy

mjahn
September 24th, 2016, 02:06
Let us have a look at your Shift-2 Status panel, Shift-3 Control, and Shift-4 Monitor. A suggested nonzero t/o trim does not sound strange to me; it's 0.0 that's rather unusual for t/o (though not impossible). Of course, zero trim is what your trim setting should be at the Before Starting stage. Anyway, try all of this again on a new flight, not a saved one. Let's see what your readouts show. Does it take off alright on trim +3.1?

DCA1161
September 24th, 2016, 03:33
Thanks for your reply. Yes, with default payload, +3.1 trim she takes off, but directly thereafter I need to trim to roundabout 0.0 for a 700ft/min climb. That's more of a difference then before updating to P3D 3.4. I am not a realtime pilot, so if this is normal, I will live with it.
Roy

cavaricooper
September 24th, 2016, 05:30
Manfred- I am both humbled and astounded at the commitment you continue to display to this labor of love. Thank-you Sir!

For me the most significant issue remaining is the FDE and interaction between thrust and yaw. There are points where there is a sudden increase/decrease in yaw (and corresponding redder application need) which the original FDE did not have.... circuits and bumps show this well.... as it is accentuated in climbing and descending turns.

Is is there work being done in this area (w/ Alex)?

Best- Carl

griphos
September 24th, 2016, 06:10
The interaction between thrust and yaw seems right to me. Not a Dak pilot, nor even multi-engine rated, but on most aircraft you need to hold a bit of right rudder in the climb and a bit of left rudder in the descent, due to high power settings in the climb and low power settings in descent. Is this what you are referring to?

cavaricooper
September 24th, 2016, 07:36
No- I am referring to the spurious changes in yaw correction necessary when adjusting pitch and power. The old FDE was smooth and predictable.

C

speedy70
September 25th, 2016, 12:04
Here is a little something I found very amusing.

http://www.dc-3.co.za/dc-3-gooney-bird-song.html

Scroll to the bottom of the thread and click on the record.

Cheers Chris

THibben
September 25th, 2016, 12:26
Here is a little something I found very amusing.

http://www.dc-3.co.za/dc-3-gooney-bird-song.html

Scroll to the bottom of the thread and click on the record.

Cheers Chris

Loved it. Tapped my toes all of the way thru.

Tom

Wringoon
December 10th, 2016, 16:45
Hi Folks,

Do not wish to say anything negative, but how do you turn down/off the seat rattle noise when viewing the aircraft from outside when taking off, its masking the lovely engine music which has been so lovingly constructed!, its fine inside but distracting when viewing from, say, the tower!

triflyman
December 14th, 2016, 16:39
Any one know of a way that the checklists can be modified. There is one item I wish to delete at the very end on the "Shut Down Checklist" since I use GSX Ground Support. I want to leave the battery on so my passengers can see to disembark. I also noticed that there is no item to turn off the seat belt sign in the Shut Down Checklist.

I looked all over my files but can find nothing except the "htm" file...but modifying this does not change the reading of the checklist.

Thanks for any help.

billhuntsman
February 3rd, 2017, 08:36
I tried to feather the props at 1700 rpm during the engine run up, but the feathering switches do not seem to work. All they do is kill the engine. Am I doing something wrong or is the feathering feature not implemented? Thanks.

Bill

paulopp
February 3rd, 2017, 09:06
Did you pull out feathering after 200 rpm drop?

billhuntsman
February 3rd, 2017, 10:31
How do I pull it out- just click on it again?

paulopp
February 4th, 2017, 07:16
Sorry for the delayed response, I have hoped for the right people to answer your query. I haven't installed the plane right now, so I don't know. I simply quoted the real-life manual.

Alky
February 4th, 2017, 21:02
I tried to feather the props at 1700 rpm during the engine run up, but the feathering switches do not seem to work. All they do is kill the engine.
Bill

Maybe you don't understand what "feathering" is. (?)
Feathering is used on an engine that's not running, usually in flight. Feathering turns the prop angle so it cuts into the wind in a forward knife-like position so that the prop doesn't rotate with the wind causing the dead engine turn uncontrollable RPM's. I'm not a pilot nor have I had any pilot training so I'm not really good with technical aircraft lingo, but that's basically it. You don't use feathering in normal flight, it's meant to be used an a dead engine. maybe someone with better technical knowledge can explain it better. :)

billhuntsman
February 5th, 2017, 04:49
Alky, I appreciate your attempt to help me, but I do understand what feathering is. I was not in flight. I was doing an engine run-up on the ground and following a real DC-3 checklist. Feathering buttons are often tested this way to be sure they will feather and unfeather during flight if needed. I was looking for an expected rpm drop while feathered and a return to normal during unfeathering, similar to testing the prop pitch controls. However, the feathering buttons on this panel seem to kill the engine rather than feather the props. When I click on them, the rmp drops quickly until the engine stops, and when the engine does stop the prop is not feathered. There seems to be no way to stop the engine from dying.

I suspect that either the feathering buttons are not yet modeled on this plane or that this is some kind of fsx bug. In the meantime, if I do get an engine fire or failure during flight, I guess I will just have to move the prop lever to full coarse setting and hope that that works.

Alky
February 5th, 2017, 05:57
I appreciate your attempt to help me, but I do understand what feathering is. I was not in flight.

Ok, as I said I'm no aircraft expert but my experience with feathering a running engine in the flight sim has always been that it kills the engine, and not just on the MJ model. <:)

billhuntsman
February 5th, 2017, 07:37
Thanks. That's good to know.

Ganter
October 8th, 2018, 09:32
I'm getting on very well with this remarkably brilliant creation, loving it. Many thanks to all involved with it's inception. I think it's a testament to the cooperation and passion that are hallmarks of the Outhouse at its best.

Just a couple of questions for those much wiser than I, which means pretty much everyone here;

1) I'm currently planning on recreating some of the memorable flights of Ernest Gann, I love the fact that the CP is called Ernie!, his time flying AM 21 and then later, during the war his flights across to Greenland, Iceland and the UK and would love to check out the various liveries that might best be worn by the bird when conducting those flights.

2) Opening a window in the cockpit on the apron doesn't increase outside sound. How difficult would it be to implement this myself with some coding. Or has this been done? I know much has been added over the years like the superb cockpit lighting.

I have C 47v3.14 installed.

Many thanks.

mjahn
October 8th, 2018, 22:56
1) I'm currently planning on recreating some of the memorable flights of Ernest Gann, I love the fact that the CP is called Ernie!, his time flying AM 21 and then later, during the war his flights across to Greenland, Iceland and the UK and would love to check out the various liveries that might best be worn by the bird when conducting those flights.
2) Opening a window in the cockpit on the apron doesn't increase outside sound. How difficult would it be to implement this myself with some coding. Or has this been done? I know much has been added over the years like the superb cockpit lighting.

Regarding the windows, when open you get a "Clear Prop" callout on engine startup and wind noise when going faster than 50 knots. Additional ambient sound files could be added I suppose; Daniel's code is in file panel\DGSounds\KeyEvent_SND_C47.xml (search for "wind"). A2A's "Accu Feel" offers many additional effects.

Ganter
October 8th, 2018, 23:27
Regarding the windows, when open you get a "Clear Prop" callout on engine startup and wind noise when going faster than 50 knots. Additional ambient sound files could be added I suppose; Daniel's code is in file panel\DGSounds\KeyEvent_SND_C47.xml (search for "wind"). A2A's "Accu Feel" offers many additional effects.

Thanks but I was thinking more of existing exterior engine sounds increasing, etc

boondog
October 23rd, 2018, 09:11
About 20 years ago I broke my leg (femur, to be precise) and was in a funk. My wife/boss brought me a
video game to make my healing go easier. CFS2 became my life-line to sanity. I have always been a sky
watcher and so from CFS2 I progressed onto Microsoft Flight 2002, 2004 all the way to FSX. Through
the vagaries of life I have had several copies of each, and quite frankly, played the hell out of
them. Now just over a year ago I got bored with the whole mess and even though I had been toying with
an idea of pole to pole and then around the world, I could not find a quality aircraft to do it with.
If I could go for speed or style, I wanted style in the form of the Douglas C-47, but couldn't find
to to fit my wishes. Payware or freeware. So I said a bad word (actually a series of them, in tandem, not truly caring who heard) causing one grandson and two granddaughters to run squealing off to rat me out to their moms. So I stopped playing flight games for a while in disgust. Then (Angelic Singing
in background) I stumbled on to the DAKOTA DIGITAL WORKS Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta and the
Heavens opened up, the sun shone once again, birds sang and I was able to see. This is by far the
most detailed and lifelike aircraft to come down the pike in quite a while. And payware or not, by
far the best. I had flown every DC3 and C47 I could, payware included and Manfred Jahn's other models
of this airplane, while good, even great, there was always something amiss. Wanting to fly level with
the tail above the wings at any speed was my biggest gripe. But this one won my heart and respect
once again for the whole group. Setting behind the yoke and just taking in the panel was
breathtaking. And at night, OMG, it truly comes alive. Just the panel lights will make you believe in
fairies and Pirates and everything Peter Pan did...Its perfect... So perfect that I'm now well into Mexico on my way to Antartica. Thanks for this fine aircraft, thank you thank you thank you...:redfire:

boondog
October 23rd, 2018, 16:13
You might try going into the settings and looking at the way the sound is set. I have had to do that several times. Once with this aircraft...