PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi J2M1 Raiden Pack ... weapons are a no-show

MaskRider
July 10th, 2016, 01:30
Hi Guys,

I am trying to whittle-down my collection of Raidens to just a couple of good-looking/shoot-em-up models. I currently have 3 different packs loaded up. They are:

MZ's mz-j2m3-21(1 AC) pack
AW's raiden_103 (1 AC) pack and
Morton/K. Malinowski's J2M3_Raiden (4 AC) Pack

What I like about each:

MZ's:Textures weapons load-outs: fine and dandy- except no rockets.
AW's: Textures: nyeh. Weapons load-outs: nice- includes rockets.
M&KM's: Textures: nice, weapons load-outs as listed excellent- except they are all a no show in both the preview window and in the sim.

Ideally I would like to keep a couple from the M&KM pack- but only if I am able able to actually use all of the bomb and rocket load-outs that are supposed to be available.

Oh, and I get no "missing-weapons" messages either.

What could be causing this no-show WRT the weapons load-outs in the Morton/k.Malinowski pack?

Thanks,
MR

dvslats
July 10th, 2016, 07:33
Hey Chris,

It looks like the damage profile is incomplete. The weapons are named but there are no mounts, hardpoints, or weapons called.
If no one made an updated*.dp, it will need a rework.

Dave

MaskRider
July 10th, 2016, 16:04
Hey Chris,

It looks like the damage profile is incomplete. The weapons are named but there are no mounts, hardpoints, or weapons called.
If no one made an updated*.dp, it will need a rework.

Dave

Hiya Dave,

Yeah, I kinda figured as much. Looks like the Raidens will be sent to the back burner for now!

Chris

bearcat241
July 10th, 2016, 16:52
Hey Chris, my modified DP has a few more loadout entries, but its good to go. Just take the *.txt extension off the name.

MaskRider
July 10th, 2016, 18:11
Hey bearcat241,

Well, once again you have pulled a rabbit out of the hat! :encouragement:

That did the trick!

Many thanks!
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/raiden-load-outs-before-after.jpg

Chris

PS: Just out of curiosity Bearcat241, did you quickly cobble together that dp file or was it something you had on-hand, maybe something you had done previously to handle the same issue? Just wondering. Tx.

MaskRider
July 10th, 2016, 19:39
Now that the dp is squared away I've got one little missing weapon message that cropped up:

wep_jp_100kg_bomb

I googled the web, searched my downloads and back-ups and searched the SOH archives. No joy.

Thanks
MR

EDIT:

Whoops! Minor mistake. Instead of wep_jp_100kg_bomb it should have been wep_jp_100kg_ijn_bomb

Googled the web and searched SOH- no joy.

But, when I searched my trusty ol' Advanced Disk Catalogue index, lo and behold there it was. Part of MD_Bombs2.zip (by By Carlos Magalhaes, Alex Brenzinger and
Eric Cretaz, 2002).Turns out a had a ton of old weapons packs stashed away!

So, as Emily Litella used to say: "Nevermind!"

MR

bearcat241
July 11th, 2016, 01:09
did you quickly cobble together that dp file or was it something you had on-hand, maybe something you had done previously to handle the same issue? Just wondering. Tx.

Its a previous job i had on hand all along from the installation of Krzysztof Malinowski's original. You were working with the DP of a subsequent mod. I was just a little slow in getting to this thread.