PDA

View Full Version : CS Tiger

RCAF_Gunner
October 7th, 2008, 17:04
Well, I know it's been around a while but with Captain Sim having their sale on I had to do it. :d I only had time for a quick flight from Victoria to Vancouver last night but I was smiling ~ just love the Tiger Meet paint scheme:

hey_moe
October 7th, 2008, 17:09
Looks good to me:applause: Nice shots.

jmig
October 7th, 2008, 17:24
You talked me into purchasing. :costumes:

I had through about buying the Xpack several times but, didn't care for the F-117. On sale, I did.

RCAF_Gunner
October 9th, 2008, 15:29
Here's one more. :kilroy:

OK, for those who would like a more subdued CF-18/B in their hanger you can grab Dave (Dax) Sweetman's great standard paint scheme for the CS F/A-18D over at Avsim (filename = xload_rcaf_fa-18d.zip).

Dave if you frequent the SOH forums than please accept my hearty thanks for the nice addition.
:ernae:
Cheers,
Rick

Sedr37
October 10th, 2008, 03:38
Nice shots mate!
Can confirm the XLoad is great fun to fly!

chinookmark
October 10th, 2008, 13:50
Is Xload worthwhile if you already have Acceleration?

RCAF_Gunner
October 10th, 2008, 18:33
Is Xload worthwhile if you already have Acceleration?

I guess that depends on how much you like F-18s. First, you need Acceleration to use XLoad because both the XLoad aircraft use the MS F-18's VC. It will install in standard FS X but then you get no sound or cockpit in either aircraft. If you want the dual seat F-18 in your hanger or the ability to have a F-18 model showing external stores (which can also be removed or selectively altered with one of the control panels) then I'd say "yes". If you were looking strictly for a F-117 then honestly I'd say "no" ~ not because the exterior isn't nice (it is) but because it doesn't include its own VC. I wanted the F-18D with that sharp looking Tiger Meet paint scheme so I considered the F-117 exterior model just a nice bonus.

jmig
October 10th, 2008, 18:41
If you are European, you will get four new paint schemes. I was disappointed in the paints. Not one of the two seater models is American. Also, the cockpit is still the A model.

You also get six or eight missions. Most are out of Cold Lake, Canada. Two are US Carrier fleet.

RCAF_Gunner
October 10th, 2008, 18:53
Paint can be fixed. :d The same fellow who did the 410 Sqn standard paint also did some US paint schemes. Here's the link to "VMFAT-101 The Cag's Bird":

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=124763

but search the Avsim FSX library for Dax as there's four or five more US F-18D schemes near the end of the search results.

Cheers,
Rick