PDA

View Full Version : Golden Age

kiki
June 30th, 2016, 19:36
I am looking for airplanes of the Golden Age Sim at the PCAviator sale. I am not familiar with their products at all. What are they like? Which of them are the best ones (if any)?

eagleye100
June 30th, 2016, 20:45
If I was you I would only get 'Aeronca C3' and 'Lockheed Model 12' thats it :) in fairness rest are not very good quality

MarkH
June 30th, 2016, 22:11
I am looking for airplanes of the Golden Age Sim at the PCAviator sale. I am not familiar with their products at all. What are they like? Which of them are the best ones (if any)?

If you are a fan of vintage aircraft these are top-notch. The very early models are quite basic as they were developed for FS9 but more recent offerings are for FSX and P3D. There are too many models to detail individually but my own favourites are the Ryan PT-22 and ST, and the Pitcairn autogiros. I also love the two Waco packages, although these were FS9 models. Here's a few pointers:

Wacos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy5yqXwYq-sFh5Sxiot5PwkYRcipQ_F8m)
Ryan PT-22 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ubm_3DNc5c)
Ryan ST-A (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXnfu0xveQQ)
Pitcairn autogiros (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE633AD3FD1BB0ADD)

gavinc
July 1st, 2016, 00:41
I have the Pitcairn Autogyro.

It is a wonderful craft if you want to go low and slow (very slow).

It may not be "Accusim" but then it was a very simple aircraft to begin with.

Gavin

jmig
July 1st, 2016, 04:16
I became a fan of GAS with their Stearmans. I can still remember the time I decided to try a dead stick landing. I cut the engine and could hear the singing of the wires. I used their singing to judge airspeed and make a good emergency landing. Their plans fly well and are faithful to the originals.

rich12545
July 1st, 2016, 04:33
If I was really interested in flying in the golden age, I'd crank up FS9 and Golden Wings 3. There's a ton of free scenery available at The Old Hangar and the Ford Project not to mention Flightsim and Avsim. And lots of very nice period aircraft available.

katonic
July 1st, 2016, 05:59
Kiki - I have all of their aircraft and fly them often. As mentioned some were originally built for FS9. Most of the recent releases were built exclusively for FSX. All are well modeled and with believable flight models. My favorites lately have been the Monocoupes and the recently released Davis. I'm also a big fan of the Stampe and the Great Lakes biplanes. If you are looking for something that is slow and fun to throw about the sky I don't think you can go wrong with their aircraft.

Chris

heywooood
July 1st, 2016, 10:39
Kiki - I have all of their aircraft and fly them often. As mentioned some were originally built for FS9. Most of the recent releases were built exclusively for FSX. All are well modeled and with believable flight models. My favorites lately have been the Monocoupes and the recently released Davis. I'm also a big fan of the Stampe and the Great Lakes biplanes. If you are looking for something that is slow and fun to throw about the sky I don't think you can go wrong with their aircraft.

Chris

all GAS are on sale at Simmmarket right now!
http://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=golden+age+sim ulations

napacon
July 1st, 2016, 10:43
GAS the place to Find FINE VINTAGE PLANES...NONE BETTER..The BOYS there KNOW HOW!!

Spad54
July 2nd, 2016, 04:54
GAS the place to Find FINE VINTAGE PLANES...NONE BETTER..The BOYS there KNOW HOW!!

July marks the 10th Anniversary of Golden Age Simulations. To celebrate we've arranged with our vendors to offer 50% for the month on all our products. The discount is not available on our webpage so if interested please use one of our commercial partners.

Sundog
July 2nd, 2016, 10:12
Happy Anniversary GAS! I think I'll fly the Monocoupe (Short wing) in your honor this weekend. :) Thanks for the huge discount as well. If any of you have been waiting on the fence to buy one of their planes now is the time.

dhasdell
July 3rd, 2016, 02:55
rest are not very good quality
I think that's a bit harsh. I'm very fond of the DH60 Moth myself.

flaviossa
July 3rd, 2016, 04:13
Congratulations on the 10th Anniversary!!! Hope more 10 comes with very nice products!! :applause:

heywooood
July 3rd, 2016, 07:11
If I was you I would only get 'Aeronca C3' and 'Lockheed Model 12' thats it :) in fairness rest are not very good quality
Respectfully disagree... Stampe, Pitcairn autogyro and Mail plane packs, Great Lakes packs, Ryan Recruit, Travel Air packs, Mystery Ship racer, Stearman, on and on - some with additional airfield scenery and ALL are well executed and accurate models. There are far more in their catalog so, go see for yourself.
There is no denying that a developers work gets better as the artists acquire more skill given time.
Golden Age Simulations has been at this work now for ten years and counting. THAT is impressive in this business. Happy Birthday GAS - congrats on your 10th anniversary!

Roger
July 3rd, 2016, 11:41
Happy Birthday GAS :birthday:

mthrift
July 3rd, 2016, 15:45
Congrats, GAS - I love your stuff and fly many of them regularly! :encouragement:

Best,
Michael