PDA

View Full Version : Evidently Cheap Joysticks are used with Predator Drones

William
June 27th, 2016, 15:05
ROFL was watching London Has Fallen earlier today and noticed they were using modified Logitech Extreme3D Pro Joysticks in there sets Predator Drone control room.
Literally the only modification made was they swapped the base out with what looks like a Sidewinder Forcefeedback base built into the console. I only noticed during a close up on the guys hand pulling the trigger to fire a missile and thought
''What the ****? Don't i own one of those?''. Paused the Movie, Walked over to my PC, and Sure Enough, The thing plugged into my computer is identical.

I'd post pictures but i'm having trouble getting a still image capture of the scene from this stupid compressed MP4 :banghead: Suffice to say its identical down to the smallest detail.

How hard could it be for a film to create a realistic looking control stick? These are god damn arcade sticks, not even meant for flight sims. Are the stick designs for a predator drone control station classified? and by design i mean is there not a picture of one out there? 30 dollar Joystick in a Hollywood Blockbuster. One of these, all they did is integrate it into a console https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-3D-Pro-Joystick-Windows/dp/B00009OY9U

Anyone else ever seen a PC joystick in a movie or TV Show? Especially cheap ones like this?

Bomber_12th
June 27th, 2016, 15:19
The Saitek X52 joystick/throttle (which I use) has reportedly been found used as props in a number of movies, including Furious 7, Speed Racer, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Riddick, Star Trek Into Darkness, and G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra.

Tom Clayton
June 27th, 2016, 15:24
At the end of the last Riddick movie, Vin Diesel was seen flying off in a small ship. That ship was controlled by an X-52 flight set with leather wrapped around the grips.

Edit:
http://i44.tinypic.com/5mgtqh.jpg

William
June 27th, 2016, 15:35
Yeah those make more sense because those look realistic. I don't know how anybody can afford them though. I could buy a force feedback racing wheel for that price haha :)

joe bob
June 28th, 2016, 07:51
The Saitek X52 joystick/throttle (which I use) has reportedly been found used as props in a number of movies, including Furious 7, Speed Racer, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Riddick, Star Trek Into Darkness, and G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra.

First time I saw a Saitek joystick was in the Kirk Russell movie "Soldier"
My brother pointed it out and said good things about it so I gave it a go and I haven't used anything else for the last 15 years.