PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia C-17 Globemaster III Repaints

Aharon
June 27th, 2016, 05:51
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Does Virtavia release paintkit for Virtavia C-17 Globemaster III? I look at avsim and flightsim for repaints of that plane and cannot find a single one??

If Virtavia offers paintkit for that payware plane, can any talented painter please be kind enough to feel adventurous to paint two fictional liveries for that plane, please? One will be Israeli air force livery and one will be Buffalo Airways livery.

If any of you talented painters decides to have fun with my two suggestions, can you please PM me or post reply here so that I can tell you what my idea of Israeli air force livery and Buffalo Airways livery will be? I assure you that it will not be difficult.

Thank you for any assistance in this matter that any of you can offer. I understand that fictional liveries are no no no no but hey nothing wrong with wishful thinking and wishes :)

Regards,

Aharon

DaveWG
June 27th, 2016, 06:05
There's a paintkit for download over at the Virtavia website. Have a go yourself, it's not that hard to do a basic repaint and you get the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself.

DaveB
June 27th, 2016, 06:38
Here's the link Aharon.. http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php?dir=/Paint%20Kits

Virtavia paint kits are generally well thought out and easy going. You'll have to add your own decals but that's not too difficult;)
ATB
DaveB:)

Aharon
June 27th, 2016, 08:19
Yes Dave WG and DaveB but I am not talented livery repainter. I leave painting skills to talented livery painters and I stick to my beautiful screenshot creating abilities. I was born before Photoshop :):biggrin-new::untroubled::very_drunk:

Bjoern
June 27th, 2016, 11:54
"I have no talent" is the worst excuse for laziness ever.

Willy
June 27th, 2016, 12:11
You know how to get talent? Just keep trying. And if you have a problem, just ask and someone here will tell you how to fix it.

Most Paintkits are for Photoshop. If you don't have it and are on a limited budget, Paint.net is free and has numerous plug ins including one to open and save Photoshop files (And Paint Shop Pro). Plus it's not over complicated to figure out.

Willy

Aharon
June 27th, 2016, 15:05
"I have no talent" is the worst excuse for laziness ever.

?????? Laziness????? Laziness?????? Let's see I have 11,000 screenshots waiting for me to edit and publish on many aviation forums in addition to MORE screenshots I am taking from my many more next flights that I fly for about seven virtual airlines on Vatsim while maintaining tough 9 to 5 job.

Laziness?? I do not publish screenshots without words. I publish an average of 45 screenshots per post accurately describing each of 45 screenshots in every post for viewers' reading. That takes lots of research time to research location of each of 45 screenshots per post. Many viewers remark that viewing my screenshots is like watching a great movie.

Laziness????? I do not think so. It iis being realistic. I leave repaint talents to very talented repainters and I stick to what I am good at which is to create beautiful screenshots.

I think you are wrong to make that remark.

If I am very talented livery painter, you would have seen lots of busty ladies on the tails of airline liveries!:adoration::biggrin-new::wiggle:

Desert Rat
June 27th, 2016, 15:22
If I am very talented livery painter, you would have seen lots of busty ladies on the tails of airline liveries!:adoration::biggrin-new::wiggle:

Somebody please get this guy trained on painting ASAP, I like his thinking!!!!

Seriously, give the guy a break, we all have our niche, his, unlike many very talented people around here is the very rare one of actually flying a bit, screenies along the way. Lets be honest, many of us tinker more than we fly. Let him fly. Nothing wrong with a repaint request, many I have seen, many have been graciously accepted.

PTFO (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruclS1bnfb8),
Jamie

ColoKent
June 27th, 2016, 16:58
Seriously, give the guy a break, we all have our niche...

Agreed.

Kent

AckAck
June 27th, 2016, 17:48
Let me tell you what I think the worst excuse for laziness is!

Well, I would but, I'm just too...

Bjoern
June 28th, 2016, 06:56
I think you are wrong to make that remark.

Totally forgot about your screenshots, sorry.

Still, if you can't motivate others to do stuff for you, you'll simply have to it yourself. There's no way around that. Do you REALLY want these paints or do you rather want to fly or edit screenshots? Because if you do, well...you know your way around Photoshop and livery painting is no black magic. It's just mind-numbingly repetitive and boring. All these dumb curved stripes, weird colors, small logos here and there but still, when I really need, but can't find, a livery, I simply do it because no one else will do it for me. And I'm not at that point yet where I can simply pay someone to do the job for me.
So, long story short, sort your priorities. Wanting those repaints or edit screenshots or do some VA flying.

scotth6
July 1st, 2016, 20:57
Hi,

I just did a search over at Flightsim.com. I entered the search terms "FSX all files" in the category and in the keyword section I entered "Globemaster".

64 results came up and there were a number of entries for the Virtavia C-17 and the Alphasim C-17 (same plane) mostly on the last 3 pages. There were, I think, just 2 repaints for it in the first 4 pages.

Cheers,

Aharon
July 2nd, 2016, 05:46
Scott,

You are right. Well I used C-17 for search field parameters. So I used Globemaster for search field parameters and the results I got was only 2 Virtavia repaints, hundreds of Area 51 repaints, and many Mike Stone repaints.

Oh well hence me asking anyone for two fictional repaints :)

Regards,

Aharon

scotth6
July 2nd, 2016, 09:30
Hey Aharon.

Did you also see the Alphasim C-17 repaints? These should work as I believe that and the Virtavia C-17 should be the same models. Same at Avsim, the search for Globemaster in FSX repaints shows up with several Alphasim C-17 repaints.

Here are the file names for the ones I downloaded from Avsim:

055153.zip
066154.zip
charleston_010190.zip
dover_66165.zip
edwards-c17.zip
march_afrc_55143.zip
nato_c17.zip
uae_c-17.zip

The files I downloaded from Flightsim.com:

044138.zip
055143.zip
055145.zip
055153.zip
066154.zip
970043.zip
990169.zip
altus930602.zip
c-17a_nato_eheh.zip
charleston.zip
dover66165.zip
edwards-c17.zip
marchc17s.zip
natoc-17.zip
uae_c17.zip

Judging by the names, some of the files are probably doubled up between the two sites, but you can just download them and sort them out while installing them.

Cheers,

Aharon
July 3rd, 2016, 10:05
Scotth6,

Strange You have better search luck than I do!!! Anyway, thanks for interesting list. However, I do not see Royal Canadian Air force liveries on your list??

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
July 3rd, 2016, 12:21
However, I do not see Royal Canadian Air force liveries on your list??

Is your list getting bigger Aharon? You asked for Israeli AF and Buffalo Airways:dizzy:

Get the brushes out lad.. get the brushes out:encouragement:
ATB

Aharon
July 4th, 2016, 05:21
Is your list getting bigger Aharon? You asked for Israeli AF and Buffalo Airways:dizzy:

Get the brushes out lad.. get the brushes out:encouragement:
ATB

LOL

I am asking just for Israeli Air Force livery and Buffalo Airways livery. Smiling. The main reason I was inquiring about RCAF livery is that since RCAF has Globemasters, I assume many painters already painted that livery while search functions of various aviation websites are not doing 100 percent well finding whatever the livery I am looking for.

On second note, I also failed to realize that RCAF livery is ALREADY included in my payware add on Globemaster plane!!!! LOL

Smiling

Regards,

Aharon

Butcherbird17
July 4th, 2016, 18:06
Easy......:wavey:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/Butcherbird17/IAF%20C-17_zpsyx4eav5w.jpg~original (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Butcherbird17/media/IAF%20C-17_zpsyx4eav5w.jpg.html)

Joe

Aharon
July 4th, 2016, 18:22
Joe,

:applause::applause::encouragement::encouragement: I am very very excited.

Very very nice!!!!!!!

Is it still in WIP stage?

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
July 5th, 2016, 15:45
Joe,

Hi again Is your amazing Israeli air force livery still in WIP?

Regards,

Aharon

Butcherbird17
July 5th, 2016, 17:51
Aharon,

This is done as I am taking a break from doing anything FS related for the summer. I just did this one real quick
just to show how easy it is to put a few roundels on this model. When I get back to doing things for FS in the fall
I am thinking about painting this model in the 3 tone camo like the C-130's in the IDF. So Stay tuned.....

If you would like this one send me a PM with your email addy and I will send it to you. There is no thumbnail
added to the texture folder, so you will need to add one.

Joe

jeansy
July 5th, 2016, 17:51
Easy mate, some people have lives external to this game, pressuring may only lead to disappointment

Aharon
July 6th, 2016, 08:26
When I get back to doing things for FS in the fallI am thinking about painting this model in the 3 tone camo like the C-130's in the IDF. So Stay tuned.....

This is AWESOME idea!!!

If you would like this one send me a PM with your email addy and I will send it to you. There is no thumbnail
added to the texture folder, so you will need to add one.

Sure I sent you PM.

Thanks a zillion,

Aharon