PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim C-130 Air America Repaints

roger-wilco-66
June 19th, 2016, 23:39
Hi folks,

I am after some reapints for the CS C-130 in the Air America livery. There was a gentleman named Nathan who did a remarkable job on them, and they are still in the Captain Sim livery archive, however, the links are dead. Nathan does not seem to be active anymore, his website is also gone. Which is a saddening, because he made some really good stuff, all of which is lost now.

By any chance, does anyone here have these repaints and might want to send them to me?

Cheers,
Mark

Crusader
June 20th, 2016, 02:26
Here you go Mark . Dug through a couple backup drives . I knew I had a few Air America paints for the CS C-130 .
Hope this is what you were looking for . Sorry , I use WinRar for zip files but should not be a problem .

Rich

roger-wilco-66
June 20th, 2016, 04:06
Here you go Mark . Dug through a couple backup drives . I knew I had a few Air America paints for the CS C-130 .
Hope this is what you were looking for . Sorry , I use WinRar for zip files but should not be a problem .

Rich

Awesome, Rich, thanks a lot!! :ernaehrung004:

roger-wilco-66
June 20th, 2016, 05:33
:jump:

First and successful C-130 landing at LS-20a, in proper Air America style! Thanks to Rich (and Nathan of course, the repainter)!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/paacpvmlh94pwds/c-130-air-america4.jpg?dl=1

Anthin
June 20th, 2016, 16:37
Many thanks Rich,Re,C-130 repaint.
Much appreciated.

Anthin.:encouragement:

Crusader
June 20th, 2016, 19:17
These repaints , as Mark mentioned , were done by a gentleman by the name of Nathan Phillips . There was a link on the Captain Sim livery archive on the CS site and various contributors posted some of there paints . These date back to
March of 2010 . I'm surprised I remembered I still had them on an old back up external drive . It's too bad we don't
have a native C-123 . Air America flew a lot of these all over SE Asia .

Rich :ernaehrung004:

TuFun
June 20th, 2016, 20:21
Would be great to have some of these cargo models in FSX/P3D, although his doing one for DCS.

https://www.facebook.com/TailoredRadials/photos?ref=page_internal

roger-wilco-66
June 20th, 2016, 22:51
Would be great to have some of these cargo models in FSX/P3D, although his doing one for DCS.

https://www.facebook.com/TailoredRadials/photos?ref=page_internal

Oh great, he's working on a Caribou. Very nice screenshots, thanks for the head-up. I'd love to see that in FSX / P3D!
Also, I second the remark on the C-123K.

Cheers,
Mark

Crusader
June 21st, 2016, 01:29
I guess now is the time to break out my DVD Air America with Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr. :biggrin-new:

xpelekis
June 21st, 2016, 02:49
Thank's for the repaints. Photo looks great also !

Ian Warren
June 21st, 2016, 03:46
I guess now is the time to break out my DVD Air America with Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr. :biggrin-new:
Now your teasing me ... An 'Air America' C130 .. now that would be fun for this project .. :encouragement:

fuzz1
June 21st, 2016, 21:05
Thanks for making this attractive paint available Rich.

Love flying this aircraft. Would be just about perfect for me if that sound 'cutting in and out' problem was ever rectified (well documented in the CS forums). If anyone has any suggested cures for this I'd certainly be grateful being pointed in the right direction.

Also, is anyone aware if the VC was ever improved by one of the talented artists out there? Basically looks ok as is, despite somewhat dated, but the lettering sure is blurry.

Aharon
June 24th, 2016, 15:10
By sheer coincidence, the original poster was having EXACT same problem I have had been having past months without any luck BUT for different livery. Nathan painted amazing Pacific Western livery for Captain Sim L100. Unfortunately, like this original poster, I ran into dead ends with lots of inactive links.

Any assistance in finding Nathan's amazing Pacific Western livery for Captain Sim L100 would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Aharon

roger-wilco-66
June 24th, 2016, 23:43
By sheer coincidence, the original poster was having EXACT same problem I have had been having past months without any luck BUT for different livery. Nathan painted amazing Pacific Western livery for Captain Sim L100. Unfortunately, like this original poster, I ran into dead ends with lots of inactive links.

Any assistance in finding Nathan's amazing Pacific Western livery for Captain Sim L100 would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Aharon

If nothing turns up here, you could check with the guys in the CS C-130 forum.

Cheers,
Mark

Aharon
June 25th, 2016, 06:31
If nothing turns up here, you could check with the guys in the CS C-130 forum.

Already done that past many months. The links for AMAZING Pacific Western repaint by Nathan in CS C-130 forum took me to Holiday Inn Express reservation center website!!! :dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection:

Hence me spotting that thread and decided to post inquiry in hope this forum's members might have info that sheds any light on my search for that amazing Pacific Western livery.

Regards,

Aharon