PDA

View Full Version : Flightsimcon 2016 X-Plane 10.50, preview X-Plane 11

TuFun
June 12th, 2016, 11:31
Checkout the new autogen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMJIkoNA4_0

txnetcop
June 12th, 2016, 11:59
Thanks Ted! I'm already a believer...X-Plane has everything beat hands down...however I still love my FSX and P3d too. I guess I'm just a flightsimming nutjob!

TuFun
June 12th, 2016, 12:41
The new lighting system and sound system in 11 will bring X-Plane to the level of those AAA games!

Starting at 57:00 in that video is my main interest as a sound artist!!! And of course lighting for the texture artist in me. :biggrin-new:

txnetcop
June 12th, 2016, 13:04
What I have noticed is that A2A has been able to capture the LIFE LIKE sound to include proximity attenuation on an old flightsim engine and X-Plane is just now beginning to use it...

TuFun
June 12th, 2016, 15:36
What I have noticed is that A2A has been able to capture the LIFE LIKE sound to include proximity attenuation on an old flightsim engine and X-Plane is just now beginning to use it...

I have the A2A P3Dv3 C182 and love how they worked the sounds in that plane. Looking in the sound folder there is basic engine sounds and the rest is done with custom coding.

I've tried FS Sound Studio once and was lacking for FSX. I just do it by ear and play with the numbers. Surprise no other sound program was ever created for FSX. I don't have the expertise in programing that A2A guys have.

X-Plane will have such a tool for this and from the video looks promising! Pretty cool how it shows the different sound tracks for each sound. Similar to what the music programs do.

txnetcop
June 12th, 2016, 17:54
I have the A2A P3Dv3 C182 and love how they worked the sounds in that plane. Looking in the sound folder there is basic engine sounds and the rest is done with custom coding.

I've tried FS Sound Studio once and was lacking for FSX. I just do it by ear and play with the numbers. Surprise no other sound program was ever created for FSX. I don't have the expertise in programing that A2A guys have.

X-Plane will have such a tool for this and from the video looks promising! Pretty cool how it shows the different sound tracks for each sound. Similar to what the music programs do.

Well one thing is certain...YOU HAVE MASTERED THE CRAFT!:applause::applause::applause:

TuFun
June 13th, 2016, 11:15
Well one thing is certain...YOU HAVE MASTERED THE CRAFT!:applause:

Thanks Ted! Been so busy with FSX/P3Dv3 stuff right now. Although I don't have the full blown version (10), but with alternate scenery addons and planes its a looker for sure.

I'm defiantly looking forward to tinkering with (11), that sound program, I've got to mess with that and the new reflective lighting WOW! That's going to really make the DC6 pop! I love polished aluminum. Got watch that video again!!! :biggrin-new:

Oh and the best WW2 sim I fly is CLoD with all those cool updates by Team Fusion! :adoration: 2016/17 is going to be an amazing times for flight simming! :jump:

txnetcop
June 13th, 2016, 14:16
Thanks Ted! Been so busy with FSX/P3Dv3 stuff right now. Although I don't have the full blown version (10), but with alternate scenery addons and planes its a looker for sure.

I'm defiantly looking forward to tinkering with (11), that sound program, I've got to mess with that and the new reflective lighting WOW! That's going to really make the DC6 pop! I love polished aluminum. Got watch that video again!!! :biggrin-new:

Oh and the best WW2 sim I fly is CLoD with all those cool updates by Team Fusion! :adoration: 2016/17 is going to be an amazing times for flight simming! :jump:

I am familiar with them...I just don't have the PC to fly online games. I tried War Thunder and some others...gave up. I can tweak FSX to fly like I want it to. It's funny I build for others but can't afford one for me LOL It's like the cobbler has no shoes! Not complaining I have enjoyed watching the kids at the Rec Center enjoying Flight School. I love seeing a young mind open up to a possible future...