PDA

View Full Version : Flight 1 Software

BendyFlyer
June 8th, 2016, 20:19
Have any other SOH members had problems with Flight 1? They are truly driving me nuts, their website is a dog and just takes you around and around in circles, when you submit a ticket you dont get the response you need or the problem fixed, what is with these jerks? are they just another BS mob!. I am refraining from having a rant, but when you have a variety of products that you need to reinstall that you have paid for all I want is replacement keys and all I get is automated runarounds just the pits!

falcon409
June 8th, 2016, 20:37
Have any other SOH members had problems with Flight 1? They are truly driving me nuts, their website is a dog and just takes you around and around in circles, when you submit a ticket you dont get the response you need or the problem fixed, what is with these jerks? are they just another BS mob!. I am refraining from having a rant, but when you have a variety of products that you need to reinstall that you have paid for all I want is replacement keys and all I get is automated runarounds just the pits!
I will have to say that in the past I was just about where you are now with Flight1 and their "Wrapper"system. Luckily I was able to finally get it worked out after many support tickets and failed attempts. I don't like their Wrapper system or their site design, but if you're going to buy from them then it's what you have to accept. I learned early on that keeping every key, every invoice, every certificate, every password was imperative because in order to get anything done you're going to need at least two of those otherwise it becomes a headache. . .(you can request a product printout which will give you a list of every product you've purchased and the invoice numbers and passwords associated with them). A change of e-mail addresses can be another migraine inducer as well. . .lol, lol.

Honestly though, they aren't Jerks or a BS mob, those are pretty strong and I understand your frustration. . .they have simply based their product sales and any recovery of lost products on a system that is cumbersome and confusing to a lot of folks.

Corpse_Grinder
June 8th, 2016, 21:08
The last purchase I made from them was the Cessna 162 Skycatcher. I don't recall having any problems with that particular purchase, but I personally don't care for their "wrapper" system either.

ejoiner
June 8th, 2016, 21:22
The last purchase I made from them was the Cessna 162 Skycatcher. I don't recall having any problems with that particular purchase, but I personally don't care for their "wrapper" system either.

Ive bought a lot of stuff from Flight1 over the years. Never had one problem with their wrapper. In fact, I always thought it was slick and easy to use. I wonder how its changed.

flaviossa
June 8th, 2016, 21:23
I wonīt do anymore business with them until they bring all their product line compatible with win10. Before someone says: "my product flight1 xyz works perfectly in win10" .... yes, i know. Some work, some donīt. It all depends on what f1 wrapper features (DRM) are turn on in the addon wrapping process. So, they have to come to XXI century and stop the "my products only work with win7" bla bla bla .... :untroubled:

falcon409
June 8th, 2016, 21:34
Ive bought a lot of stuff from Flight1 over the years. Never had one problem with their wrapper. In fact, I always thought it was slick and easy to use. I wonder how its changed.
For me personally, it is the perception (and sometimes the reality) that in order to redownload a lost product you have to jump through hoops in order to do so. It is "The Only" site out of five that I do business with that I can't simply log into my account, scroll to the needed product and download it (which also has the invoice number and installation key as part of the info).. With Flight1 if you want to reinstall a product you must have a "key" if you don't have that then in order to get the key, you must have either the invoice number or certificate number. If you don't have those then you have to get a printout of the products you've purchased that has the invoice number on it. Then when you get to the point of installation you have to verify the key aaaaand have the password used for the original purchase, otherwise the installation stops. . . .in a worse case scenario it can almost make you wish you hadn't been born, lol.

johannesl
June 8th, 2016, 21:52
Just yesterday I installed/reinstalled an old Flight 1 add-on (Pearl Harbor) into another old Microsoft program (CFS2) on a Win10 computer without any real problem once I placed the key in a separate file and referenced it when asked to locate it.

BendyFlyer
June 8th, 2016, 22:53
For me personally, it is the perception (and sometimes the reality) that in order to redownload a lost product you have to jump through hoops in order to do so. It is "The Only" site out of five that I do business with that I can't simply log into my account, scroll to the needed product and download it (which also has the invoice number and installation key as part of the info).. With Flight1 if you want to reinstall a product you must have a "key" if you don't have that then in order to get the key, you must have either the invoice number or certificate number. If you don't have those then you have to get a printout of the products you've purchased that has the invoice number on it. Then when you get to the point of installation you have to verify the key aaaaand have the password used for the original purchase, otherwise the installation stops. . . .in a worse case scenario it can almost make you wish you hadn't been born, lol.

Yep and that is about where I am now. All this stemmed from a need to reinstall and having changed email address since I bought the products. In particular Instant Scenery. Yep it has done my head in for today off to do something more productive see it gets sorted.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Maj Kong
June 9th, 2016, 02:44
I just reinstalled everything after a hard drive failure. Using the list of all products purchased from Flight one, I had no problems at all.
For the keys "at or near the ..." I went to the "Key Reactivation" page (or whatever it is calle) entered the info, and immediately got an email saying it was reactivated.

Three observations about Flight 1:
1. Maybe this is one of the prices we pay because of pirates
2. How many other software sights allow a 30 day refund period?
3. Is it really all that much worse than, say, ORBX (The Flight Sim Store)?

aeronca1
June 9th, 2016, 06:10
1. Maybe this is one of the prices we pay because of pirates

Having been a programmer years ago, I ran into many pirates and hackers. They are usually superb programmers. The ones I knew could defeat copy protection or "wrappers" faster than you could install with a legitimate key or serial number. Major software companies (M$ excluded) gave up on trying many, many years ago. It simply wasn't worth the effort or expense developing something that would last mere minutes once "out there".

napacon
June 9th, 2016, 06:40
My Last Experience Was the Last with Them.NO MORE MY TIME IS IMPORTANT TO ME..Stuck In Cyber space..in some paranoid Mosaic World.of intrigue and maniacal maze ..Why can they just be like Amazon.place the order pay And GET....or a GAS PUMP??...GET PAY GO!!..YES, NO MORE dealing with them...

Naismith
June 9th, 2016, 12:26
For balance, I have to report a +ve for Flight 1. I just reinstalled the Level D B767 for FS2004 using their key system. I first bought this in 2005. I haven't had occasion to use it in years and it installed flawlessly. Never had a problem once with F1 and I have under FS2004, their :-

Mig21, DC-9, Cessna 177, Cessna 421C, Piper Archer, Level D B-767, B-727, T-37 Tweet and the F-104.

Under FSX:-

I have the Level D 767, DC-9, BN-2 Islander

Sadly Level-D seem to have abandoned the sim business as there is little to no support anymore on their forums (apart from one lonely pissed off moderator :biggrin-new:) and it doesn't work on windows 10 and there seem to be no plans to enable it that way. But that is not a Flight one issue of course.

BendyFlyer
June 13th, 2016, 03:30
Well a week later, I have jumped through all the hoops as described by Falcon. Uggghhh! Last time I do business with them, their so called automated systems are just diabolical. Yes I managed to reinstall Instant Scenery and hated every minute of it.