PDA

View Full Version : PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences in Windows 10

stuart277
June 8th, 2016, 19:13
Hi all
In Windows 7, that I've been using prior to 10, in PaintShop, when you would click on any drop menu or resize bar, you could use mouse scroll wheel to change among the layers styles, change the size of the brush, opacity, etc. You could do this by placing the cursor anywhere on the screen, and scrolling, as long as you have selected one of these menus first. This proved to be very useful, especially for instance, when resizing the brush, because you can observe it's shape changing on the canvas where you have placed the cursor, as you are scrolling the wheel.
When Windows 10 moved itself onto my laptop, the ability to scroll stopped.
After a lot of searching I found someone who know how to fix the problem.

"if you are using these features, and you are switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10, what you need to do is go to Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad and set 'Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them' to OFF. Then it reverts to how it was in Windows 7. Works for Scaling, Opacity, Hardness, Layers, everything"

Thanks AnunRhama :applause::applause::applause:

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/paintshop-pro-mouse-scrolling-preferences-in-windows-10/

Cheers
Stuart

Blood_Hawk23
June 18th, 2016, 15:35
Hi all
In Windows 7, that I've been using prior to 10, in PaintShop, when you would click on any drop menu or resize bar, you could use mouse scroll wheel to change among the layers styles, change the size of the brush, opacity, etc. You could do this by placing the cursor anywhere on the screen, and scrolling, as long as you have selected one of these menus first. This proved to be very useful, especially for instance, when resizing the brush, because you can observe it's shape changing on the canvas where you have placed the cursor, as you are scrolling the wheel.
When Windows 10 moved itself onto my laptop, the ability to scroll stopped.
After a lot of searching I found someone who know how to fix the problem.

"if you are using these features, and you are switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10, what you need to do is go to Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad and set 'Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them' to OFF. Then it reverts to how it was in Windows 7. Works for Scaling, Opacity, Hardness, Layers, everything"

Thanks AnunRhama :applause::applause::applause:

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/paintshop-pro-mouse-scrolling-preferences-in-windows-10/

Cheers
Stuart

TY Stuart. Its not just on Win 10 but the version of PSP. I had X3 which scrolled fine. I now have x5 ( I could not get my X3 to work again and its no longer supported. it seems.) I'll try it and let you know how it goes.