PDA

View Full Version : Merged threads: New A2A Captain Of The Ship

Tom Burnside
June 8th, 2016, 07:15
A2A are currently developing only their second Captain Of The Ship Aircraft which they say is so far along its nearly in the BETA stages it will be revealed on the 11th/12th of this month. Cant wait to see what it is im guessing it might be a Connie or DC3.

manfredc3
June 8th, 2016, 07:53
Connie, Connie, Connie........ Oh PLEASE let it be a Connie :redfire:

Tom Burnside
June 8th, 2016, 08:28

It would be good but to be honest I would prefer a DC3 ive seen so many people on their Facebook page and Forum ask if they are ever going to do.

glh
June 8th, 2016, 10:26
I would also like to see a model of the DC-2/C-39 published and, if possible, the original DC-1. That would complete the DC series as the -4 thru -7 series already has been published. I know there is a DC-2 model published but I opine it's time for a new one.

StormILM
June 8th, 2016, 11:38
Judging by the empty 'reserved' ramp space they are showing in that FB screenshot, it's obvious it's a large aircraft on the order of the B377. Maybe I'm wrong but I strongly suspect it's a Connie/Super Connie or DC-6/7. I also noticed the superimposed emblem on the corner of the reserved ramp space and take it as some sort of hint. Either way, a few days from now we will know the deal.

Thog10
June 8th, 2016, 11:48
Whatever it is, I am looking forward to it!

Ian Warren
June 8th, 2016, 11:55
I CONCUR and agree Agree AGREE :encouragement:

Alan_A
June 8th, 2016, 11:55
I also noticed the superimposed emblem on the corner of the reserved ramp space and take it as some sort of hint.

According to a post on the A2A forums, the emblem is of Virgo, the Zodiac sign. Which might suggest a Constellation (since Virgo is one), or maybe something more obscure.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38786&stc=1

RyanJZ
June 8th, 2016, 13:26
please for the love of God be a L-749...

huub vink
June 8th, 2016, 13:39
I recognise that girl, its my aunt Ju(52) :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

MustangL2W
June 8th, 2016, 21:26
"Alta Tante Ju!"

Tom Burnside
June 8th, 2016, 23:10
What ever it is if its got Accu-Sim its guaranteed to be a good one. I recently purchased Accu-Sim for my P-51 and I am loving it.

Ian Warren
June 9th, 2016, 00:02
"Alta Tante Ju!"
Ya then get all these P-51's .... or even the ole MkI or II Spitfire chewing your tail off ! :adoration:

Dutcheeseblend
June 9th, 2016, 00:39
Well.... if it would be a Connie....

:jump:

DaveWG
June 9th, 2016, 01:27
I suspect it may well be a Connie, but I hope for a Lancastrian.

CHBTheDoctor
June 9th, 2016, 04:16
Whenever my retirement time arrives, I will have PLENTY of planes to fly.

Currently I'm more a collector than a pilot :biggrin-new:

Peg o my heart
June 9th, 2016, 04:23
Let it be a HELICOPTER!

no???

TuFun
June 9th, 2016, 04:33
Whenever my retirement time arrives, I will have PLENTY of planes to fly.

Currently I'm more a collector than a pilot :biggrin-new:

Two of those planes are sitting at Munich Airport, plus the DC3.

TuFun
June 9th, 2016, 04:35
With the Constellation Virgo symbol in A2A pic, as Alan has shown would suggest the "Connie" Lockheed Constellation.

DaveB
June 9th, 2016, 09:10
Hmm.. a Ju52 would certainly float my boat but I can't see me forking out for a Connie until it appears in a sale. Got nothing against Connie's at all but it'd end up like their Strat.. flown half a dozen times (at most) then left languishing in some quiet corner of a hard drive. Come to think of it.. this applies to their Mustang's, P40, P47, B17 and Texan. The only one I fly with any sort of regularity is their Spitfire. A fool and his money:banghead:

ATB
DaveB:)

TuFun
June 9th, 2016, 09:20
You know that's about it for me too. I only fly if I'm working on projects offered to me. I stopped buying knowing it would be parked. I like a lot of these recent models, but I know I won't be putting much hours on them.

WarHorse47
June 9th, 2016, 10:05
Hmmm... let's see now.

I have the Connie by JF, and the DC-3 (C-47) by M$, Manfred, and JF, and the Ju-52 by Oliver Fischer.

I wish it were a native FSX B-25 Mitchell, but I'll go for a new Connie.

huub vink
June 9th, 2016, 10:33
Hmm.. a Ju52 would certainly float my boat but I can't see me forking out for a Connie until it appears in a sale. Got nothing against Connie's at all but it'd end up like their Strat.. flown half a dozen times (at most) then left languishing in some quiet corner of a hard drive. Come to think of it.. this applies to their Mustang's, P40, P47, B17 and Texan. The only one I fly with any sort of regularity is their Spitfire. A fool and his money:banghead:

ATB

A common problem Dave. From A2A I still fly the Bf109 and the WOP3 (pre-accusim) P40, the rest is collecting dust in a dark corner of the HD hanger.
The only multi engined aircraft I fly are all reasonably easy to fly freeware models.

So although I really appreciate the effort A2A has put into a now model, I will limit myself to enjoying the screenshots made by others.

BTW my comment about the Ju52 was just a joke. I assume it will be Constellation as this is commercially more interesting.

Cheers,
Huub

WarHorse47
June 9th, 2016, 11:09
BTW my comment about the Ju52 was just a joke. I assume it will be Constellation as this is commercially more interesting.

Cheers,
HuubNow you tell us.. :biggrin-new:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2016-6-9_10-50-49-301_zpsmsrqgaij.jpg

napacon
June 9th, 2016, 11:37
BEEN NEGLECTED LONG ENOUGH..FLYING HISTORIC LEGEND.....WOULD BE NICE!!...VERY NICE!! THE CURTISS C-46 COMMANDO!

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/00671b10d40c4767852f0ecf7e247185_zpsmyqhxrma.jpg (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/beana51/media/00671b10d40c4767852f0ecf7e247185_zpsmyqhxrma.jpg.h tml)

flaviossa
June 9th, 2016, 11:54
+1 napacon!

Naismith
June 9th, 2016, 12:09
Personally I'd like to see them tackle something which hasn't got those whirly things at the front and isn't a 737 or Airbus. I'm thinking Lockheed Jetstar or similar.. :applause:

ejoiner
June 9th, 2016, 12:22
A2A are currently developing only their second Captain Of The Ship Aircraft which they say is so far along its nearly in the BETA stages it will be revealed on the 11th/12th of this month. Cant wait to see what it is im guessing it might be a Connie or DC3.

Hoping not DC-3 So bored with the 737 and DC3. Both have been featured in FS years.

glh
June 9th, 2016, 12:29
Could be one of these converted to electric hybrid .... clean and quiet !!!!

hairyspin
June 9th, 2016, 12:49
Nah, this'll do...

http://www.nowverybad.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/chitty_chitty_bang_bang_still1.jpg

WarHorse47
June 9th, 2016, 14:16
Another fine mess..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/laurel_and_hardy_car_zpshsina2wa.jpg

Anthin
June 9th, 2016, 14:22
Last pic is a typical Sydney street scene.

Anthin.:banghead:

Ian Warren
June 9th, 2016, 16:34
Another fine mess..

:biggrin-new: Trust you Jock , now to whine'd the traffic boys ... maybe Auckland NZ as well :biggrin-new:

manfredc3
June 9th, 2016, 17:44
BEEN NEGLECTED LONG ENOUGH..FLYING HISTORIC LEGEND.....WOULD BE NICE!!...VERY NICE!! THE CURTISS C-46 COMMANDO!

+1+1+1+1+1

Javis
June 10th, 2016, 08:36
+1+1+1+1+1

No matter how much +1's you add, Manfred, it won't make the C-46 a typical propliner... :)

Givin the Virgo constellation image on the 'Reserved' space i wonder who could have any more doubts...

Holy Moly!!! Can it get better than this for us propliner fans !??? A DC-6 on short final and a Connie in the holding stack ! All singing and dancing produced by the two top FS developers outthere !???

Am i right or am i right !??

I might still be wrong... :p87:

scotth6
June 10th, 2016, 10:49
No matter how much +1's you add, Manfred, it won't make the C-46 a typical propliner... :)

Givin the Virgo constellation image on the 'Reserved' space i wonder who could have any more doubts...

Holy Moly!!! Can it get better than this for us propliner fans !??? A DC-6 on short final and a Connie in the holding stack ! All singing and dancing produced by the two top FS developers outthere !???

No offence of course Jan, but I hope you are wrong. I will add a few more +1s (+1+1+1+1+1+1) in the hope of magically making it a C-46.:biggrin-new: I would so love to see an A2A version of the Commando.

Next one maybe? :encouragement:

Cheers,

manfredc3
June 10th, 2016, 18:59

Jan, you can never have enough +1's for a C46, or even a Connie for that matter, lol.

And I think you are absolutely right about us propliner fans. I am so excited that my stomach feels weird.

TuFun
June 11th, 2016, 02:21
Today is the day will know what this A2A propliner is going to be! :jump:

Alky
June 11th, 2016, 02:52

I agree 100%

wombat666
June 11th, 2016, 04:15
Probably a Connie, we already have the Just Flight 'Connie' package and a DC6 bundle so duplication is not out of order.
Not going to be a C46 or anything else out of the mainstream, shame one of these developers didn't consider a DC7 or an L-1649A Starliner.
:banghead:

therealjambo
June 11th, 2016, 07:08
It's a Connie, just been announced.

trucker17
June 11th, 2016, 07:49
It looks like the Cat is out of the bag on the next A2A aircraft.
Here it is. Variation 049
http://i.imgur.com/miQ0q39.jpg (http://imgur.com/miQ0q39)

huub vink
June 11th, 2016, 08:07
Another missed opportunity to create something surprising..... Really nice for the people who were hoping for this, but I would have liked something which would have made a lot of people say "Wow, why didn't make anyone this model before".

Huub

Tom Burnside
June 11th, 2016, 08:47
Nice but would have preferred a DC-3 oh well maybe that will be their next project. Hope they make the longer nose version but even though some people maybe disappointed with A2A going for the Connie I will be looking forward to it.

DaveB
June 11th, 2016, 09:18
Nice but would have preferred a DC-3 oh well maybe that will be their next project

I sincerely hope not!!
ATB

Stickshaker
June 11th, 2016, 09:29
We will get a beautiful DC-3 from Manfred and Jan & Team.

b52bob
June 11th, 2016, 09:41
Nice but wish it was the long nose version. One of the most beautiful aircraft to fly the sky's.

no DC 3. The best is coming.

Maty12
June 11th, 2016, 09:49
Glad to see they chose my favorite variant. Looking forward to what they do with it.

txnetcop
June 11th, 2016, 10:12
We will get a beautiful DC-3 from Manfred and Jan & Team.

With all the time they have put into the finished product I think their DC-3 will exceed payware quality in many ways!
Ted

Stickshaker
June 11th, 2016, 10:21
With all the time they have put into the finished product I think their DC-3 will exceed payware quality in many ways!
Ted

I fully agree.

Skyhawk18
June 11th, 2016, 10:30
YESSSS!!!! :adoration::adoration::adoration: ( and maybe a Super Connie later?....:eagerness: )

DaveWG
June 11th, 2016, 11:17
Really glad it's a Constellation. That means my money can stay in my pocket rather than spending it on an aircraft I'm only going to fly twice.

falcon409
June 11th, 2016, 11:28
Gosh. . .do you think they'll make it Tacpack capable?

Javis
June 11th, 2016, 11:39
Really glad it's a Constellation. That means my money can stay in my pocket rather than spending it on an aircraft I'm only going to fly twice.

I'll be flying it only twice too, Dave... Each day!! :teapot:

TuFun
June 11th, 2016, 11:40
Ted

And its FREE!!! :biggrin-new:

rdaniell
June 11th, 2016, 12:36
Gosh. . .do you think they'll make it Tacpack capable?

And maybe add a tail hook so we can land it on a carrier.........:biggrin-new:

RD

TuFun
June 11th, 2016, 12:42
I'll be flying it only twice too, Dave... Each day!! :teapot:

This thing is going to be a beauty in P3D!!! :encouragement:

falcon409
June 11th, 2016, 12:49
And maybe add a tail hook so we can land it on a carrier.........:biggrin-new:
RD

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new: Awesome Randy!

StormILM
June 11th, 2016, 12:53
I too wish they had done the Super Connie but oh well. Maybe they will add the Super at some point but for now, this is a no sale for me.

Alky
June 11th, 2016, 15:04
Nice but would have preferred a DC-3

What do you find un-appealing about Manfred Jahn's C-47, especially with the highly detailed vintage cockpit and TuFun's soundpak? Other than Accu-Sim it is or will be of the same quality that A2A puts out.

StormILM
June 11th, 2016, 15:29
As we now know it's an early Connie, I'm sure it will be very impressive but my tastes lean more towards the Super Connie (or at least an L-049 with the Radome option). As I noted on the other thread(and A2A, please DO NOT takes this as me raining on your parade), it's most likely a no-sale for me from a aesthetic/version point and I hope one day they will add a Super variant. If they were include the radome nose option, then I may consider buying it.

trucker17
June 11th, 2016, 20:54
Good one Randy.

AussieMan
June 11th, 2016, 21:50
I will be sticking with he JF Connie. With JF I have a choice of models to fly. I am also afraid that like Carenado A2A are pricing themselves out of the market.

Also Wit Accu Sim I like to have a choice of purchasing it or not but with recent releases A2A leave you with no option but to have Accu Sim.

mjrhealth
June 12th, 2016, 00:03
Boy we are a spoiled lot today. I m getting it because its a connie. The fact that Accu will manage some of the sytems to reduce workload should make it a buy. A2A know teh market they will get plenty of buyers. I like many have being waiting on a decent FSX connie.

wombat666
June 12th, 2016, 00:08
Another missed opportunity to create something surprising..... Really nice for the people who were hoping for this, but I would have liked something which would have made a lot of people say "Wow, why didn't make anyone this model before".

Huub

Could not agree more Huub.
More duplication.
Much as I'm a Connie enthusiast I won't bother with this one as a matter of principle (and a certain amount of bloody mindedness!) :redfire:

wombat666
June 12th, 2016, 00:14
How imaginative!!!!
Virgin Brains at work again.
:banghead:

Tim-HH
June 12th, 2016, 02:49
More duplication.

Well, that's like saying it doesn't makes much sense to open a gourmet restaurant because there is a McDonalds on the other side of the street.

The JF/AH Constellation offers various models for a few bucks but at the cost of numerous errors and inaccuracies. The A2A Constellation will be as realistic as it can get on a dektop flight simulator. Different addons for different target groups. Everyone who wants to know how it was to fly and operate a Lockheed L-049 Constellation will be very excited about the upcoming A2A model!

Greetings
Tim

ce_zeta
June 12th, 2016, 02:57
Well, that's like saying it doesn't makes much sense to open a gourmet restaurant because there is a McDonalds on the other side of the street.

The JF/AH Constellation offers various models for a few bucks but at the cost of numerous errors and inaccuracies. The A2A Constellation will be as realistic as it can get on a dektop flight simulator. Different addons for different target groups. Everyone who wants to know how it was to fly and operate a Lockheed L-049 Constellation will be very excited about the upcoming A2A model!

Greetings
Tim
I agree. :encouragement:

+1 for Connie

Javis
June 12th, 2016, 03:04
More duplication.
Much as I'm a Connie enthusiast I won't bother with this one as a matter of principle (and a certain amount of bloody mindedness!) :redfire:

Have to say i completely fail to understand that, Wombat. How can you not bother with one of top devs outthere (not to say THE top dev ! ) releasing a model of the original Connie when you specifically say to be a Connie enthusiast ?.... Sure, the L-049 happens to be my very favourite version of the Connie so i am bowled over with extacy but i did count on A2A going for the Super G (because there are still a few flying) which i would've been over the moon about just as much.

Oh, well, i guess it must be your bloody mindedness indeed... :teapot:

(it might be more wishfull thinking (which *did* get me my beloved L-049..) but why did A2A go for the L-049 while there are no more airworthy species around ?... Could it be because they plan to, later on, upgrade their L-049 to L-749, subsequently L-1049 and maybe even 1249 and 1649A ?.... Without too much effort they could transpose these versions all into militairy counterparts too. They'd have bread on the table for many years to come just be introducing the basic Connie to start with.... Clever ?.... I bloody well think so !... ;-)

cheers,
jan

Javis
June 12th, 2016, 03:12

Well said, Tim ! :encouragement:

Ian Warren
June 12th, 2016, 03:19
Look at it this way, Its a start, with the 049 it could be painted up as the later 649/7 .. if we ask very nicely maybe we can get a retrofit with the radar nose and a pannier/speed-pack just for those extra paints :encouragement:

gman5250
June 12th, 2016, 03:56
IMHO

From a business standpoint, I think that A2A would already be aware of the JV/Manfred Jahn "Team" C-47 and would consider that building their own version would be a questionable decision...at this time. The new DAK is earning it's following...look at the hits on it's dedicated page. It is a very....very....good airplane.

There have been many exceptional models from the A2A team in the last few years. The choice to build the Connie is a lovely transition from their recent single engine training simulators back into to a classic, big airplane that was the last of it's lineage. Of course, it certainly opens the door to the variants down the road as well...even better.

With the DC-6 coming from PMDG and now the A2A Constellation it feels like a very large development gap has been filled. Both will be an automatic for me and very much appreciated.

Possibly the C-46 would be a great addition, but what about the B-25 or other absolute must do airplanes? With so many still to be developed "opportunities" out there and so few companies capable of producing models for the evolving simulator environments, it's obviously going to take some time to hit all of the targets.

Bottom line...I'm going to need a really good set of headphones for this one. :encouragement:

griphos
June 12th, 2016, 05:55
Reverse snobbery...it's a thing.

A2A charges a very fair price for what you get, and what you get are the most realistic simulations of interesting aircraft available. It's fine if that's not what you want. There will be plenty enough who do.

napacon
June 12th, 2016, 06:48
I Like The many CONNIES out there..they satisfy my "WALTER MITTY needs to be a Line Captain Of The Planes Of Yesteryear..Flying Any Complex Airliner "SOLO" has to be a task?.. Even more so on a "DESK TOP SIM".. After all I'm no Howard Hughes..LOL!

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/constellation_controls_zpsx2ue2mja.jpg (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/beana51/media/constellation_controls_zpsx2ue2mja.jpg.html)

TuFun
June 12th, 2016, 06:54
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38890&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38891&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38892&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38893&stc=1

txnetcop
June 12th, 2016, 07:06
I also would have loved the Super Connie but just the fact that A2A is doing a Connie with all the realism of Accusim, it will be aircraft on par with the PMDG DC-6. I for one am very excited about it. Don't know if I can afford it any time in the near future, but one day! Good pick A2A!
Ted

wombat666
June 12th, 2016, 07:24
Greetings
Tim

JFTR, you will never ever get me near a 'Golden Arches' outlet, IIRC the first and last time was around 1974 ............... :barf:
I may consider (consider? I'll get it anyway) the A2A Connie at a future point, but it ticks me off when so many interesting projects 'announced' in the past fall by the wayside.
And FYI 'bloody mindedness' is a carefully cultivated trait and highly prized in Oz.
:triumphant:

William Njurmi
June 12th, 2016, 07:48
This is good news! There was a hole in the market indeed, for the most graceful airliner ever.

roger-wilco-66
June 12th, 2016, 09:34
The A2A Conny will be a sure buy for me.
Just as a coincidence, two hours ago while waiting for a train with my son, I heard an awesome sound of multiple radials at work somewhere in the sky. Then I saw the source - it was the Breitling Super Constellation flying very low underneath an almost solid SC cloud base, probably on it's way back home to Switzerland. Hair raising! I thought about the A2A news and if I hadn't ears I would have smiled all around my head :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Tom Burnside
June 12th, 2016, 11:45
I will have to see whether I want to get it or not when they release some screenies then ill make my decision. But no doubt about it this is going to be a fantastic add on.

Ian Warren
June 12th, 2016, 13:46
The A2A Conny will be a sure buy for me.
Just as a coincidence, two hours ago while waiting for a train with my son, I heard an awesome sound of multiple radials at work somewhere in the sky. Then I saw the source - it was the Breitling Super Constellation flying very low underneath an almost solid SC cloud base, probably on it's way back home to Switzerland. Hair raising! I thought about the A2A news and if I hadn't ears I would have smiled all around my head :-)

I had a very similar experience a few years ago stepping out of a shop in Wodonga NSW Australia and directly above was HARS Connie heading to Avalon , hell's that was 2007 .. time has flown.

Daube
June 12th, 2016, 14:55
It's strange to read, on a Flight simulator forum, posts complaining about addons that are too much realistic.
A few years ago, I would never have thought I would see something like that...

The JF Connie is nice and has a lot of variants, yes. However, the visuals, complexity and realism are quite low. Same for the visual model which is from FS9 standards.
The A2A Connie is very welcome, both for the simmers who just care about the external models, and for the simmers who like the piston engines handling.

Those who enjoy the easy flying had the JF Connie to enjoy until now, and this plane will still be available.
Those like me who like the realism of the systems, the precise behaviors, the piston engine handling etc... had NOTHING until now (for a Constellation, I mean). Finally, in a few months, we will get the A2A one. I don't see why anybody would complain about that new plane. It's us who should complain instead, because we still have no Connie at all so far.

dvj
June 12th, 2016, 15:08
Very disappointed this is not a Boing 737. How could they have missed the market for that? :banghead:

manfredc3
June 12th, 2016, 15:30
I don't understand the negative responses about A2A's decision to make the Connie their next project.

I do respect everyone's opinion, but in reality, we currently only have Manfred Jahn's and JF's versions.

They are both good add-on's that I take out of the hangar for a spin on a regular basis. But with all due respect, they are both dated, and therefore lacking the current level of realism that most of us have grown to enjoy so must over the past few years.

Well, I for one will be among the first to open their wallet for this legendary airplane.

manfredc3
June 12th, 2016, 15:41
TuFun,

You trained your dolphin very well, :encouragement:

trucker17
June 12th, 2016, 16:05
Seems to be some dislike for A2A.
Sorry everyone is so disapointed with them. I thought i was posting something everyone would like to hear about.

TuFun
June 12th, 2016, 16:05
TuFun,

You trained your dolphin very well, :encouragement:

I thought I would add a little humor! Dolphins have that sleek lines like the Connie and the Snubfin dolphin looks like the C-46. :adoration:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38912&stc=1

mjrhealth
June 12th, 2016, 17:20
Seems to be some dislike for A2A.
Sorry everyone is so disapointed with them. I thought i was posting something everyone would like to hear about.

I dont think it is A2A, people want real planes that arent real. Its a flight sim not a game. If you want a game, fly the stock planes, if you want something close to real, you will have to pay for ,it. Problem is, yesterday i was flying a plane i noticed my EGT was well above where it should have being, and i thought, "why hasnt my engine failed, in real life it would have died by now"?? I gues its a bit lie shooter games where you die and respawn, Its nice to be penelaised for flying mistakes it makes you a better pilot and actulay makes the sim more enjoyable. Now go look as Xplane 11, its starting to overtake even FSX. 10.5 is really going to change a lot of things.

Blade124
June 12th, 2016, 17:20
We did the original model 049 for two reasons:
- It's beautiful lines (really, should say "curves")
- It's a rare piece of history

You would think there would be at least one flying today, but there aren't any. So this isn't the same as doing a still in production Cessna 172, it's more of what we used to do years ago when working in air combat making airplanes like the Me410, Dornier 217m, and Focke Wulf Ta183. We had to investigate every scrap of information, cross check, interpret, etc. And as we saw a rare machine come to life, we felt as if we resurrected a piece of history. We have this same feeling now on the Connie.

So the work has us pulling out everything we can find and doing a lot of physical research. For example, one of our best sources a 049 Constellation at Greenwood Lake NJ. This airplane made it's final flight to that airport many years ago and is very much representative of it's state when it was flying. The pilot even left his coat, hat, and business card in the plane. Fortunately, we have some of the best manuals in the world - the ones made by the U.S. military on the C-69.

BTW we just finished a great weekend at Flightsimcon. Here's something just posted about a great time with everyone:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54083

Scott - A2A

napacon
June 12th, 2016, 17:35
Bring it on.....never Met a Plane I Did not LOVE..Weather its De Ja Vu all over again or a Moon Lander?? bring it on ..and Thnx for those who do this..Were it not for them we would not have much to talk about..YES BRING IT OK!!

hairyspin
June 12th, 2016, 21:55
...it's more of what we used to do years ago when working in air combat making airplanes like the Me410, Dornier 217m, and Focke Wulf Ta183. We had to investigate every scrap of information, cross check, interpret, etc. And as we saw a rare machine come to life, we felt as if we resurrected a piece of history. We have this same feeling now on the Connie.

I can fully understand that Scott, more power to your polys! People can buy her or not as they wish.

huub vink
June 13th, 2016, 02:22
As there were two threads running in parallel about the same topic, I decided to merged them.

And please be careful with the words you put in another person's mouth. Perhaps I have missed it, but I can't recall I have seen a complaint about a model being too realistic and I personally think disappointment about the choice is not the same as "disliking A2A". Also things like "a fair price", cheap or expensive or what we consider a "the most realistic simulation" are quite subjective in my opinion. When you want people to respect your opinion, start with respecting the opinion of others.

To explain my disappointment, this is the 3rd Accumsimmed four radial engined model A2A will release. Personally I would have loved to have seen something different. Or to use Tim's metaphor: its the 3rd gourmet restaurant in the same street. Luckily there is still a place where you can buy a burger....

Cheers,
Huub

b52bob
June 13th, 2016, 05:47
Very disappointed this is not a Boing 737. How could they have missed the market for that? :banghead:
Yes, why not the -100. We don't have enough of these. And while we're at it, how about a P-51 mustang.

lol

Javis
June 13th, 2016, 06:46
Luckily there is still a place where you can buy a burger....

Bon appetit, Huub. :)

huub vink
June 13th, 2016, 08:17
Bon appetit, Huub. :)

Merci Jean! :smile:

bazzar
June 13th, 2016, 14:31
I dont think it is A2A, people want real planes that arent real. Its a flight sim not a game. If you want a game, fly the stock planes, if you want something close to real, you will have to pay for ,it. Problem is, yesterday i was flying a plane i noticed my EGT was well above where it should have being, and i thought, "why hasnt my engine failed, in real life it would have died by now"?? I gues its a bit lie shooter games where you die and respawn, Its nice to be penelaised for flying mistakes it makes you a better pilot and actulay makes the sim more enjoyable. Now go look as Xplane 11, its starting to overtake even FSX. 10.5 is really going to change a lot of things.

FSX is a game, albeit a very good one. Please remember that it is only the efforts and talents of third party developers that have improved it beyond recognition. But no, it is not a flight simulator in the true sense. The technology involved in its making and function falls way short of a professional simulator but then that is why you pay millions for one of those. The fact that you can monitor and adjust your EGT is a matter of clever workarounds like much of what goes on in today's FSX. If developers had not sat down and thought about trying to replicate visual outcomes for systems, the game would not be much further advanced than FS8.

P3DV3 is getting better all the time and is worthy of focus. The A2A team have succeeded in achieving high levels of systems " realism " through clever programming and a lot of hard work. It is for the rest of the developer community to get up to their level or just carry on doing what they do. There's plenty of room in the marketplace for all types of add-on and that is what makes this game a great hobby. What comes through from what I have read so far is a strong desire to produce something that is an icon, rare and a cherished subject. Good on 'em.

BTW, personally, I still do not like XPLane. For me it is like the old CFS3 - a plane on a stick.:engel016: