PDA

View Full Version : Chodo_AI_Traffic_Update

George Kuhn
June 6th, 2016, 15:56
I'm currently installing the Chodo AI Traffic Update. In the readme. There are 7 folders. I'd like to ask about the second and fifth folders.

2nd Folder. I was going to install the updated AI pack folder and activate it in my FSX Library. I noticed the updated AI scenery folder has the same title name as the orginal AI traffic folder (Chodo AI Traffic 1952.) I don't think I can have two scenery's activated with the same title name.
So. What I did. I copied the contents of the scenery folder and and the contents of the texture folder of the updated traffic folder and added the contents to the original Chodo AI Traffic scenery and texture folders. I hope doing it this way will work?.

Fifth folder. Part of the readme mentions the following: You need to get the Heli AI Traffic from Chodo to UOO2 and UOO3. Without this the Heli traffic will not work. Where do I find or get the mentioned Heli Traffic, and where do I put it etc.

I have the contents of all the other folders in this readme installed

THX

George

klnowak
June 7th, 2016, 06:33
I'm currently installing the Chodo AI Traffic Update. In the readme. There are 7 folders. I'd like to ask about the second and fifth folders.

2nd Folder. I was going to install the updated AI pack folder and activate it in my FSX Library. I noticed the updated AI scenery folder has the same title name as the orginal AI traffic folder (Chodo AI Traffic 1952.) I don't think I can have two scenery's activated with the same title name.
So. What I did. I copied the contents of the scenery folder and and the contents of the texture folder of the updated traffic folder and added the contents to the original Chodo AI Traffic scenery and texture folders. I hope doing it this way will work?.

Fifth folder. Part of the readme mentions the following: You need to get the Heli AI Traffic from Chodo to UOO2 and UOO3. Without this the Heli traffic will not work. Where do I find or get the mentioned Heli Traffic, and where do I put it etc.

I have the contents of all the other folders in this readme installed

THX

George

Hi George,

not a big problem ;-) One of the first sentence in readme says : Install all the files from this update to those folders you install the first ai-traffic files, because some off these files will be replaced by this update.

Thats importend because there are files that will replace the old version. And there are other files that will ad new bases and futures. You had installed the first ai traffic pack as i know.... so put the new ones into the same folder. Then you must not activate anything in the liberary for new.

The Heli-traffic is part of this update. The helicopter you will find with the ai air traffic (AI Sikorsky H-34 US). And the traffic-file itself .... in old version there had been two files for air traffic. Called : Traffic_MIL_MIG15_FSX.bgl and Traffic_MIL_US_FSX.bgl. The new one now is Traffic_MIL_US_heli_FSX.bgl. as the name says.... this is for the heli traffic.
The two other files (Traffic_MIL_MIG15_FSX.bgl and Traffic_MIL_US_FSX.bgl.) are new versions now and must replace the old ones.

To see the helitraffic you must replace the RKCH_ADEP3_MOS.bgl from Marks (roger-wilco-66 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?u=72848)) Korean War Chodo 1952.zip (you also installd that before) with the new one( RKCH_ADEP3_MOS.bgl) i did. There are no changes in the looking of Marks chodo. This will just place palces where the hele can stand to the AFCAD. Heli traffic goes from RKCH (Chodo) to U002 and U003. But without RKCH it did not work. If you dont want to replace the AFCAD you will not get heli traffic.

Another thing. I think it will be the better way to write your questions to the first folder that is opened for the ai traffic (AI Traffic for Mark`s scenery Korean War Chodo 1952 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?100473-AI-Traffic-for-Mark-s-scenery-Korean-War-Chodo-1952)) . It will be much easyer for all user to find all questions and answers in one folder. I think it is interesting for some other users too. That is the way for all to get the right information in one place.

Thanks and greetings
Klaus

George Kuhn
June 7th, 2016, 15:46
Klaus.

Thanks for your reply.

Everything is/should be in order now. I went to the Chodo-1952 Field(RKCH). I'm now seeing 5 including the static Heli's sitting on there required spots of the AFCAD.

Could you provide me with some good GMT takeoff times of the heli's from RKCH?. I want to be sure they are flying/moving etc.

THX

George

klnowak
June 7th, 2016, 22:38
Klaus.

Thanks for your reply.

Everything is/should be in order now. I went to the Chodo-1952 Field(RKCH). I'm now seeing 5 including the static Heli's sitting on there required spots of the AFCAD.

Could you provide me with some good GMT takeoff times of the heli's from RKCH?. I want to be sure they are flying/moving etc.

THX

George

If you see them at the ground all is ok ..... they will move.

All 4 Heli starts at Chodo between 01.16 - 6.16 GMT and two are back between 8.50 - 10.50 The other two will be back between 15.50 - 17.50 GMT.
You will not see heli traffic in air between 10.50 - 14.20 and 18.00 - 01.00 GMT.

Greetings
Klaus

George Kuhn
June 8th, 2016, 15:37
Hello Klaus.

I put myself at Chodo RKCH. All for Heli's are there. I than set my time to 01.14 GMT time. Than I waited for the first Heli to takeoff at 01.16 GMT. What I'm seeing is when the Heli's takeoff. They just disappear?. They don't start up and lift off. I get the same action when they return. When the come back. They just re-appear on there spots?
Maybe the problem is with the afcad or something else?.

THX

George

klnowak
June 8th, 2016, 23:14
Will have a look into that ..... but .....

http://www.caribican.de/ERU/heli9d.jpg

Left heli is ai traffic... its flying and moving right. comes from chodo on his way to U003.

In fsx you got a funktion where you can see all the traffic in the air. in point sights you got the, views from virtuel cocpit, tower view, other views and a point to view air traffic. On the ground the move from their parking platform to the starting point..... as you can see in next picture...

http://www.caribican.de/ERU/heli3.jpg

i use a program called "flight sim commander 9" to have a look at all ai-traffic in air and ground. Heli are flying nice.

Greetings
Klaus