PDA

View Full Version : Bugger Deer+Rwy

CG_1976
February 4th, 2009, 19:48
Anybody know if its possible with FSX to have deer crossing the rwy animated. Look at my screenie from X-plane 9.30b. I almost didnt see them on landing and had a drawer full of bricks.

warchild
February 4th, 2009, 20:46
i'm not positive, ( i'm not a designer or modeller ) but i think it's possible. I know theres animated elepnats in there but i dont know if they need a track to follow or not.. Iimagine deer would be the same.

CodyValkyrie
February 4th, 2009, 20:56
Outside of missions, it would need to be an animation scripted, much like those guys with Emma did. With missions, it would be a lot easier.

deimos256
February 5th, 2009, 01:55
is that new for the 9.30 beta? One great thing about XP9 is the birds at airports, and the thud sounds that they make when you hit them

Daube
February 5th, 2009, 01:58
Outside of missions, it would need to be an animation scripted, much like those guys with Emma did. With missions, it would be a lot easier.
Hmmm I believe animals in FSX are simple ground AI vehicules, following AI "flight" plans.

MorrisTheCat
February 5th, 2009, 02:51
Yes, it's possibile....first the model has to be animated such as the bear or Carrier....The radar moves on the carrier...then you make the ai model follow a path much like the ships...the vehicle and in-water way boats use a different process which is more random in nature....then a traffic file would have to be created....

It can be done....

Oh, thud when you hit it...can be duplicated too, but only in missions...as far as I know.

Regards,

MoCat

MHAircraft
February 5th, 2009, 05:50
I've already hit a deer once in real life with my car. I don't need a simulated experience. Thank you very much. :hand:

Dexdoggy
February 5th, 2009, 13:30
I remember Bill & Lyn Lyons had deers in their FS2002 scenery that came with the Swift - they just got out of the way as you approached! Fantastic stuff!

Cazzie
February 5th, 2009, 14:10
The elephants and giraffes in FSX are animated for the African Mission I know. I haven't seen any others, but it is possible.

Caz

Cazzie
February 5th, 2009, 14:11
The elephants and giraffes in FSX are animated for the African Mission I know. Birds are flying in Bill's Plum island, I have seen porpoises at sea, so it is quite possible.

Caz

Major_Spittle
February 5th, 2009, 16:23
What happens when you hit the deer. Is there damage modeling or does the screen freeze and your computer shut down?

sblzei
February 5th, 2009, 23:46
What aircraft were you flying here?

CG_1976
February 6th, 2009, 01:04
Casa 235. We need one of those Casa 235's in the USCG paint now that the USCG employs them.